Notices
Regional - Mid Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

4 Foot trophies... Arbutus VFD Car & Truck Show. Sept 23

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 02:50 AM
SL Member
Scion Evolution

They only contest I've seen at a car show is a bikini contest, however given the nature of this event and because Fall is almost upon us, I would think thats not happening.

Truthfully, not sure how many of the people showing their cars will particpate in a contest. Maybe a raffle for like gift cards. I don't know, just thinking out loud. Im sure you fellas will put on a good show.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I would bob for fruit. I would get a healthy snack and have fun all in one...I think itll be fun to have something the ppl can also participate in,
Old 09-21-2007, 05:38 AM
SL Member

mospeedtc & mdMiketc,

Thank you guys! I appreciate the feedback. Let me just clarify a couple things you guys mentioned:
There will be bikini models at the show from the Delmarva Bikini Team along with photographers from different organizations to cover the event. No bikini contest this time, but all the guys that come out will have some eye candy and can ask the models to pose with their vehicles and such...

Yes we will have door prizes for all registered cars (so anyone could win prizes just for be registered.) We will have 50/50 raffles where anyone can buy tickets and at the end of the show, half of the pot goes to the lucky participant who has the number drawn while the other half goes to the fire department. We will have the people's choice trophy, which looks amazing while standing 4 feet tall! Each registered vehicle gets a complementary vote while everyone can pay a dollar for a vote or an arm's length of voting slips for $5 to vote on which vehicle they believe should win. Once again all the funds go to the fire department so people can consider it a fun way to donate.

Based on your feedback and from some other sources, we'll definitely go with the fruit bobbing contest. There will be lots of prizes and gifts available from the body art & piercing organization, Mystic Piercing, which is attending, along with a display booth like many other vendors will have. The fruit bobbing contest will be handled by Mystic Piercing.

The weather will be sunny and in the mid-80s according to the most recent weather check. We have indoor seating for food/drinks, A/C, and that is where the majority of vendors will be!

Thanks again mospeedtc & mdMiketc
Old 09-21-2007, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Finally got around to preregistering, lol. I'll make it there sometime. Gotta play some tennis in the morning first @ UMBC.

I'm just bringing up the Paseo, it'll already be clean from a show that's tomorrow. Karen's got plans otherwise i'd probably have her bring up the xB. Or, you can drive me back home, and i'll bring up all the cars ;)
Old 09-21-2007, 05:07 PM
SL Member

Sounds good.. I'll be too busy with setting everything up and organizing everybody to join you at UMBC this weekend. Would you need the ride back sunday morning or did you want to park overnight?
Old 09-21-2007, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

huh? i'll be there before registration ends. unless you mean about me bringing all the cars, and i was joking. I'll get there hopefully by 12 w/ the Paseo. Just make sure you send some models my way ;)
Old 09-22-2007, 06:10 PM
SL Member

UPDATE: IT IS NOW OR NEVER TO PRE-REGISTER, pre-registration ends at midnight tonight to guarantee parking and a dash plaque if you are 1 of the first 50 registered. [about 25 left! at 2pm, now]

Preregister @ http://www.arbutusvfd.org/carshow.htm

Brian, no problem. I'll see you at noon. The models are gonna cost ya extra! lol

Did you know if any of the members in your club are coming? If so, I'm assuming you would all like to parked in the same section, so let me know so I can plan ahead for your club... the lots filling up all ready! I have 4-5 trailered vehicles coming in early and I know at least one other car club will be there. Going back to the models, I have at least 4-5 confirmed models coming, plus I just purchased plenty of food for 300+ spectators assuming they are all eating.

****If anyone else is bring friends/family/clubs, please let me know by midnight tonight so I can designate parking to make everyone happy, otherwise come in early because the parking lot may fill quickly. Thank you all and I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No idea about my club man. Their interested, but there's another show going on that they hadn't decided about. Wish i could give you a more definite. I'll see ya this afternoon.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Was a very nice show, great turn out for sure. Good seeing the Scions representing.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:05 PM
SL Member

Thanks to everyoone that came out to the show! Being that it was the first car and truck show we have had, there are some areas for improvement for the next show. I will be posting photos of the show as soon as I get some from some of the FD members, and the photographers from the Delmarva Bikini Team. If anyone else has some photos that they would like to post, please do!

BTW, how does one add photos when posting? I'm still a little new to the scionlife forum...

Thanks again to everyone who came out and to those who helped support the event!
Old 09-25-2007, 10:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just get the link for the picture, then put it inbetween
[img] [/img with a closing ']' after the G. So like this [img] Picture URL [/img)

I'll post some of my pictures when I get them u/led.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i took to long, here:

Old 10-09-2007, 01:31 AM
SL Member

Thanks Brian/insaneintenti0n for the photos! I went a little lazy since I could not figure out how to put up the photos and instead created a MYSPACE which is public so everyone can see the photos.

Click on the link below for about *350* photos:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=259132368

Thanks again to everyone that came out and I look forward to seeing an even larger crowd at our next show that will be held in the spring around March/April.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:40 AM
SL Member

Ok
EASY FOR EVERYONE TO SEE:

Check out the cardomain website to see photos from the car show we had in Baltimore, MD=

http://www.cardomain.com/event/2007/10/07/ADF

We had 100 vehicles. Thanks to everyone who came out to the show!