Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Regional - Mid Atlantic (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-mid-atlantic-1635/)
-   -   HIN in DC! 4/22/06 (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-mid-atlantic-1635/hin-dc-4-22-06-a-48555/)

BrEaK_AwaY 04-06-2006 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by ScionBandit
becuz you have to pay to get sponsored, and alot of ppl get only a few offers when they sign-up. they dont realize you have to branch off those and work with that site to get more, add more things to the car, update your profile online. You will get more offers down the road, but you gotta work for it, dont expect things to just be handed to you.

could not have said it better myself. you cant expect to pay $89.00 and get all of this for free, its all about the effort you put into it, and how you build relationships. I have personally made a strong relationship with a few of the cs empoyee's. You also have to ask about what is availble to you, or what you could do to get involved with that company. When I originally did it, I didnt have much done to my car at all (ask dave, he knows, lol), but I built a foundation with them and was in their booth at last years HIN in DC. Since then my car as transformed alot.

All in all, no matter what you do or how you obtain sponsors, it requires effort. Nothing in this world is handed to you on a silver platter(unless you got some rich parents... lol)

I am currently working on obtaining two others, and I am waiting to hear back from them... which I hope I do =]

ScionBandit 04-06-2006 12:45 PM

good luck, hope you do
and from what Zachs car was like last year at HIN to this years event
his relationship with CS and the companies have paid off, and will continue to pay off and his "show" tC gets better

BrEaK_AwaY 04-06-2006 12:54 PM

haha.. indeed i am all show.. and no go... lol. im thinkin about doin a motor swap with a geo metro's engine to give me a little more hp... :rofl:

ScionBandit 04-06-2006 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by BrEaK_AwaY
haha.. indeed i am all show.. and no go... lol. im thinkin about doin a motor swap with a geo metro's engine to give me a little more hp... :rofl:

:rofl:

t6c9 04-06-2006 02:25 PM

your not hurting my feelings what so ever, ill break it down for ya what CS has done for me:

CS its self: willing to pay for all of my HIN entry fee's (but draxas already has done that for me)
And the sponsors i have thru CS:
Dunlop= Full (free set of tires)
Street FX = Full (all of my underglow, interior, and system lights & hardware)
Decalkits.com = Full (all of my graphics are free)
Evolution Autodesign = Full (free diamond plated floor mats)
Blaupunkt = Partial (highly discounted audio)
R-Blox = Patrial (highly discounted sound deadner)
Performance Auto & Sound Magazine = Full (Free mag's_
Stoner = Full (free car cleaning supplies)

With that being said, i highly doubt they offered you everything that i have like you said in your post.

As for my non-related CS sponsors:

DraXas = Full (free exhaust, and header once it is developed)
Road Magnet = Full (free custom springs once i have him make the tollerences i want)
Weapon-R = Partial (discounted parts, working on the paperwork)

as i have said to many in the past, you can hate on CS all you want and call it fake, but look at what i got. and if someone says "get a REAL sponsor" look at the others that are non-cs related.

now... lets get back on topic....

whoa whoa whoa... i meant no disrestpect about the earlier posts about makin me look like an idiot.... i'm not down'n you at alll about carsponsorships... and i did get offered exactly what you just listed, i still have the packets they sent me that i can bring to HIN if you'd like me to, i also have the $7000 HIN sponsorship emails from that they offered me also, but by the time i responded, it had been to late... i just never sent the contracts back because i wasnt interested in the products they offered... i either already had those things, or i wanted something better, a better name or something like that. here's an email just to show ya:

Dear EJ,

Amy, has signed you up for a Free Subscription of PASMAG. There are no forms for you to fill out. I have mailed the Dunlop, B&G and Street Fx applications to you. They should arrive in about 5-7 business days. Please fill out the information and return to the address provided on the forms. If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to ask. Best of luck this season!

Thank You,
Athena DePaola
athena@carsponsorships.com

EJ,
Yes, that is correct the online application that you filled out is only for the "dream package" for HIN. Please just verify which forms you need me to mail you. Also, I have you all set up for the Pasmag sponsorship.

Thank you,

Amy Chase
Sponsorship Coordinator
CarSponsorships.com

EJ,

The following is a run-down of what products the companies are offering:

Buztronics-full under body lighting kit, quasi-sponsorship
R-blox- Sound deadening material called Dynomat, quasi-sponsorship
Pasmag-one year subscription, full

Please fill out the attached forms for Dunlop and B&G Suspension and email back to athena@carsponsorships. When she receives them back, they will be submitted to the companies for review. They will make their decisions based on the information that you provide.
Thank you,

Amy Chase
Sponsorship Coordinator
CarSponsorships.com

like i said, i got offered all the same things, but i turned them down, and *almost* got my sponsorship through ARfabrications... i'm not down'n you at all, i just wanted a full sponsorship right away instead of dealing with quasi-spondorships. work your thing tho man, like i said, no disrespect at all, i'm not trying to put you down and i have no problem with carsponsorships.com. it was someone else that said it was a fake, not me. haha :clap:

ScionBandit 04-06-2006 02:46 PM

you went through Howard or you are sponsored with Howard???
cuz from my understanding he hasn't sponsored any tCs

but good luck with the rest of your sponsorships

t6c9 04-06-2006 02:56 PM

i was supposed to be sponsored with his silver tc, but if you remember, i had some legal problems that i went through..... if ya know what i mean, which kept me from going back and setting everything up. and to clarify, i am not sponsored... i've paid for all of my mods and done them all myself.

BrEaK_AwaY 04-06-2006 03:05 PM

correction: you were offered the chance to receive the dream package, not get it. there is a large difference. only 5 people at each HIN show get it, and i was one of them.

as for street fx, they offered you a partial (i know the price of the kit at that level), but mine is full. the sames goes with all the others you listed. so you did NOT get offered what I got, infact I didnt get offered at all, I worked for it and sent proposals/updates.

Im not here to argue with you, but I know this system very well, and am very personal with Amy Chase (hin coordinator) and Reagon (head guy) at cs.com

good luck with the sponsors you do have though, and continue to buld your car, cause it looks like you are doing a good job so far... you have one main thing that i dont have as of yet... and that is the S/C... but im gonna work on that... lol

t6c9 04-06-2006 03:11 PM

whatever the case may be... i wasnt tryin to disrespect and i just wanna let you know that. i have no problem with carsponsorships.com, i just didnt wanna go through all that mess, haha... know what i mean?

ScionBandit 04-06-2006 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by t6c9
i was supposed to be sponsored with his silver tc, but if you remember, i had some legal problems that i went through..... if ya know what i mean, which kept me from going back and setting everything up. and to clarify, i am not sponsored... i've paid for all of my mods and done them all myself.

oh i know youve done them all yourself....i just was curious to that AR Fabrication remark...cuz im dealing with him and our Dodge dealer to get him some hook ups on SRT4 kits
but he has postponed his tC kit, but he is making me an intercooler for the TRD s/c

sorry, back on topic

t6c9 04-06-2006 03:16 PM

yeah... the kit was supposed to be done a loooooong time ago, which is probably another reason i didnt go back and talk with him... cuz i was supposed to help him advertise for the kit. he wanted my car as kinda a donor car, of course i would've had to pay, but nowhere near the actual cost. he's incredibly busy which is why it's postponed. i've been planning on going back up and speaking with him since i have more done to the car now, but i just havn't gotten a chance.

p.s. 2 picture preview in my profile of whats been done lately....

ScionBandit 04-06-2006 04:38 PM

yeah... the kit was supposed to be done a loooooong time ago, which is probably another reason i didnt go back and talk with him... cuz i was supposed to help him advertise for the kit. he wanted my car as kinda a donor car, of course i would've had to pay, but nowhere near the actual cost. he's incredibly busy which is why it's postponed. i've been planning on going back up and speaking with him since i have more done to the car now, but i just havn't gotten a chance.

p.s. 2 picture preview in my profile of whats been done lately....

hes shooting for end of summer, since its race season again he wont have much time
its all done, just needs to do the fuel management

cuz i was gonna leave my car with him, to get the kit done for discount. but im gettin the s/c since it will help me on the track instead of the turbo

t6c9 04-06-2006 05:05 PM

yup yup... i'm still debating on going to talk with him.. is he still gonna use the greddy emanage?

ScionBandit 04-06-2006 05:08 PM

as far as i know, yes...since thats what he sells at his shop
but he awnts a custom fuel management set-up though
so we shall see what happens

t6c9 04-06-2006 05:22 PM

see, i havnt talked to him in a while... he's prolly changed everything since i talked with him at the shop. ima have to go up there one day soon.

ScionBandit 04-06-2006 05:52 PM

im gion back in may/june to dyno my car again for like the 5th now, i think
see what im at :lalala:

t6c9 04-07-2006 01:41 AM

i should dyno mine... ive never had it dyno'd. i just keep adding power and see'n how much more it throws me back in the seat haha..

eburgsspeedyxb 04-07-2006 02:31 AM

the butt dyno works best, at least for us xB guys

t6c9 04-07-2006 10:21 AM

you have one main thing that i dont have as of yet... and that is the S/C... but im gonna work on that... lol

i dont have a super charger????

ScionBandit 04-07-2006 10:55 AM

you have one main thing that i dont have as of yet... and that is the S/C... but im gonna work on that... lol

i dont have a super charger????

yea,seriously....unless its magically hidden, he dont have one