Notices
Regional - Mid Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

New guy from Richmond, VA

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member

Default New guy from Richmond, VA

Hey Forum,

New guy from RVA. This forum is like crack. Tons of great info! Even after weeks of research though I still have a boat load of questions. Bare with me?

#1) http://www.remixcustom.com/04sctcvrdhou.html
Are these LEGIT VRD grills? Or something else?

Are they worth the higher price than say ...
http://www.advan-emotion.com/front-g...TC052P-BK.html
these?

#2) http://stores.mengmotorsports.com/-s...ght/Detail.bok

Good to go? A+ all the way?

# 3) the TRD struts. Anybody happen to know who the OEM for these are? Tokico maybe?

Last edited by TheMocoMan; 07-06-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome, im not to far from where you are. Anyway that setup is for the supercharger as you said it has a different type of piping and its a bit larger than stock, kind of pointless to buy it unless you have a supercharger plus they dont make the s.c. for the tC anymore, i have a supercharger in mine but i have a short ram intake
Old 07-09-2012, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member

anybody have any answers? please? hello? in this thing on?
Old 07-16-2012, 06:24 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheMocoMan
anybody have any answers? please? hello? in this thing on?
You happen to still be in school? Or go to VCU?
Old 07-17-2012, 12:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. Yes, those appear to be the Legit VRD grills on the remix site. The advan site supposedly has them for a better price, but they could be knockoffs. Ebay has a ton of the VRD knockoffs. Some people run them with no problems, other seem to have some fitment issues. I didn't want to pay too much for my grills and wanted quality so i switched from 06 upper lower grills to a 08 lower grill and a RS4 Badgeless upper grill. You can find used grills here online for a fraction of what you could buy them new for. What you do depends solely on your preferences and how much of a chance you want to take.

2. Those are the real deal there. I think I actually bought my VRD/APT fogs from that remix site you have there, but meng motorsports doesnt sell the knockoff stuff so if you'd rather buy there, go for it. A word of advice, seal those foglights with some clear silicone before installing them. Some people ran into condensation problems so to avoid it completely I sealed the seam where the lens meets the housing. No problems to date.

3. Not sure who makes the TRD struts, however, when I worked at a local garage, you couldn't order NAPA/advance models of our tC struts. Other than Koni, Tokico and OEM, I don't believe there are too many options. My advice to you would be instead of purchasing the $500 dollars worth of tokico struts (and i assume lowering springs down the road as well? that'll be $100-150) i would invest into some basic coilovers, I'd recoment the tein basis coilovers, those are at or above oem quality plus you get the ride height adjustability. I currently run Tein's upper level coilover, and I love them.

Any other questions?