Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Regional - Mid South (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-mid-south-1634/)
-   -   I can't believe it either.. (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-mid-south-1634/i-cant-believe-either-176622/)

firesquare 11-29-2009 04:02 AM

I can't believe it either..

My scion xB is now for sale. :-( as sad as it sounds and as much as i love this vehicle i have to now put it up in someones hands.This by far has been the best vehicle I've ever seen and driven and the fun factor was always a 5 star ride. even today people say that's an awesome car. but now its in a heap of trouble. the #1 cylender is reading a constant misfire and burns oil quicker then i can keep in it. i did the simple diagnosis of the motor, new plugs swap coil packs to see if the #1 was bad and changed oil and drive to just work and back below 3800RPM's for a week. i don't want to do anything further to the car knowing that i took the most care of it more then any other vehicle I've had in the past or seen someone maintain a vehicle like i have. It was finally paid off in march and with 147,000 i guess its time to say good bye. its tearing me up right now knowing the care i gave for that car and its letting go on me like this now. 5000 mile oil changes religiously with Royal Purple oil since 35,000 miles. spark plugs every 30,000 brand new brakes in march. pads AND rotors, etc etc etc. teh car still looks brand new outside with constant washes and bi-yearly waxes. and gosh so forth and so on. it sucks to give up on something you believe in so much that gave you pleasure and gave you pain. its like my best friend is dying of a terminal illness and this one is internal. (literally). so i wont be able to replace it with anything fun and exciting. the Economy is ____ and that's how i feel right now just giving up on her. the Kbb says whatever and i know i wont get that at all with the dent above the most right rear window and the mileage and no receipts on matience. so yeah that's it. im sorry scion community, if they brought the Dhihatsu Materia then i'd be happy but instead since America is the way it is, we get a Corolla Rumnion. which doesn't get me going like 9our) first gen xb did.

This is very sad. very sad indeed. i hope i don't sound crazy and somebody understand the love for the car.

my poor xB :cry:

burstaneurysm 11-29-2009 05:22 AM

Sorry to hear that, dude.

firesquare 11-29-2009 08:03 AM

I'm sorry i had to even post this thread. the thread i want to post is "My turbo xB runs low 12's" but yeah i guess i wont make that happen now :-p

badbasic 11-29-2009 01:19 PM

I can feel ur pain . I hated giving up the xA! have u thought about an engine replacement from a junk yard?it would be almost as cheap to replace the engine than to buy a used car.

Sciond 11-30-2009 10:28 AM

damn Paul that sux I agree with Terry lots of used engines out there

Taido 12-01-2009 09:06 AM

Not just an engine replacement... do a swap! xD

firesquare 12-02-2009 05:37 AM

yeah well unforinately i need a larger car. or a car with a trunk and a little more comfortalbe seats and cruise control. i had big big plans for the car. mainly replacing suspension components with coil overs , sway bars and bushings and go from there. i lvoe this car and dont want to let it o but if someone comes by and says hey ill buy it for XXX dollars and its sold from there. or i had a chevy dealer willing to give me 10K off a V6 challenger. hich sounded awesome but i wasnt ready to drop or sign anything that afternoon. i was just brousing and seeing where my price range was. i narrowed it down to a good handfull of cars that are reasonable and are in a range i can make comfortable payments with. these are used cars i've seen listed online for around 20 and under. which is what im aiming for.

Volvo V70R/S60R
Dodge Caliber SRT-4
Mitsubishi Evloution VIII
Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo
Chevy Trailblazer SS
Ford Fusion 5-speed

Those are reasonable choices i think. Toyota doesn't have any more "fun" family type cars out there. TRD a Camry or an Avalon to compete with the SHO or something. i dunno.

Sciond 12-02-2009 04:46 PM

The S60 has no room is the back seat you would hate it trust me I had one....the only vehicle listed that offers more room than the XB is the trailblazer..

firesquare 12-02-2009 09:27 PM

the kids would be back there. how was your T5 on gas. have you driven it to NY at all?

Sciond 12-02-2009 11:14 PM

crappy on gas and the seats although leather were no better than the scion as far as support and it sucked loading kids in the back

firesquare 12-11-2009 02:20 AM

so the xB is officially gone. :-(

3/10/04 to 12/20/09. may she drive in peace.

Cyl #1 90PSI Cyl #2 120PSI Cyl #3 190PSI

diagnosis. Needs motor.

Solution.

2007 Tacoma XRunner.
Pics when its not so freaking cold out.

Sciond 12-11-2009 12:56 PM

oh well Paul all things come to an end GL with the Tacoma

firesquare 12-11-2009 10:40 PM

i have to get use to the dimensions of it. my biggest fear is parallel parking.....