Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Regional - Mid South: CLT Metro (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-mid-south-clt-metro-1783/)
-   -   Possible subforums, please vote (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-mid-south-clt-metro-1783/possible-subforums-please-vote-58584/)

scionlife 05-10-2006 06:09 PM

Possible subforums, please vote

Hey guys, I am thinking about creating subforums for the larger metro areas... that would allow better communication between people inside the metro areas and clear up the main regional area for people from outside the metro areas to chat.

Please answer the poll so I can get a clear idea of which members are inside and outside the metro areas.

Please reply to the topic with your thoughts of which metro areas deserve subforums and whether or not you think it would be a good idea.

Spider13 05-10-2006 06:21 PM

This a very cool idea. I think Charlotte, Memphis, Louisville, and maybe a Triangle area to include both Raleigh and Greensboro would be a great idea.

scionlife 05-10-2006 08:14 PM

I'm going to let people chime in for a few weeks, then take a look at the results.

Sciond 05-10-2006 10:13 PM

I like it...Charlotte region would be cool.....

xAwahl 05-11-2006 02:39 PM

Seeing as how a lot more people are popping up in Louisville it would be nice to have one for us.

NCBOX 05-12-2006 11:50 PM

I am down at the beach in NC with no one else, which sucks :x

Sciond 05-13-2006 04:06 PM

figured more people would have voted...

firesquare 05-14-2006 02:13 PM

i like spiders idea

chunk13 05-14-2006 11:28 PM

i totally wanted to post up about the auto-x i did yesterday, but didnt want to take up a thread in two forums: mid south(which is really generic for something that specific) and autosports, so i went w/ autosports.

on another forum(some of u mite know which one) i m on, we have 2 charlotte threads: sightings and then the main chat thread which is up 118 pages

badbasic 05-15-2006 01:23 AM

chunk13 Posted: 5/14/06 4:28PM Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i totally wanted to post up about the auto-x i did yesterday,
wher can i find these at. i did a driving test with my ambulance the other day and then took the xb thru. what a blast.

TA2DBOX 05-15-2006 12:46 PM

I vote for a charlotte forum for sure

jpjxa 05-16-2006 03:35 AM

I like the idea of a forum for the triangle area, ( Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill), and also Spider 13's idea of combining the triangle area and the triad area ( Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and High Point) together. Hopefully this would improve commucation between members in our area , as well as attendence at meets and events.

KaijyuGaijin 05-18-2006 07:42 PM

I like the triangle area as well, i hope that people vote!

scionteammember 05-19-2006 12:47 PM

I am the only person that voted from Memphis. What is going on with that :ponder:

Big_hungry 05-20-2006 04:47 AM

nope i voted as well man! HAHA

northtouk 06-01-2006 09:17 PM

I guess Lexington isn't to far away from Louisville to be lumped into one.

Gothbox 07-22-2006 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by scionteammember
I am the only person that voted from Memphis. What is going on with that :ponder:

I am here as well Thomas :lalala:

bB2NER 08-31-2006 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Big_hungry
nope i voted as well man! HAHA

I voted for Nashville cause we use SE for Memphis comunication.

scionlife 09-07-2006 04:30 AM

OK guys, I haven't forgotten about this. I'm getting very close to adding a few new forum areas to handle the additional people that arrive at the site every day.

I want to clarify that I am not breaking up the regional areas that we currently use. I will not be fracturing them into smaller pieces. I am simply going to add a SUB-forum that so that the highly-concentrated population areas will not clutter the rest of the region's chatter, and vice versa.

At this time it seems that we definitely need a Charlotte Metro to simplify things. Once this new subforum area is created we will move all of the topics regarding that area into the new forum and this current top-forum will be used to discuss all events outside of Charlotte but inside the region.

Doing a Memphis / Charlotte / Louisville triangle seems a little silly to me because it won't really help any single area communicate better... it will just fracture things. Memphis and Charlotte are 632 miles apart! That would be like putting San Francisco and Seattle in a common forum!

But I am not someone that is going to have to live with the changes, and I don't live in the area either, so I don't want to do anything that might hurt communication in this forum. If you guys feel that a Charlotte Metro Forum will only make communication more difficult in this region then it might be better to just let things stay the way they are.

This is your last chance to voice your opinion. Changes are imminent!

scionlife 09-07-2006 07:56 PM

I'm getting ready to create a Charlotte subforum! Yell if you think its a bad idea!