Regional - Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

FF show Info

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default FF show Info

Im hearing a lot of stuff about this show not being legit and there selecting cars to be in it.. so im getting a lot of confusion about this show on a lot of different forums so I dont know if this is going to be worth the $ on going if this whole thing isnt cleared up.

and also theres a very similar show going on literally down the road so...

heres what ive seen on several forums and im forwarding it onto here:

dont even bother with that show!!! they are being selective with the cars for that show. there will be another one down the road its the street ghost car show at regal cinemas in north brunswick. that show will be way better.

I hope this isn't too inconvenient for everyone. It's pretty frustrating to not be able to host our show in our hometown, but this was just something we couldn't win. Anyone from the area that knows of pohatcong will vouch for the douchebaggery of the local pd and the township in general. Hope to see you all there.

Hey everyone, I wanted to announce that we're hosting our first car show to kick off the release of the new Fast/Furious movie. We're working with Rix, who will be covering the show. As of now, we have a pretty solid idea of classes, but we may add one or two more if we see interest coming up in other areas. The classes I'm posting WILL NOT be removed, the only changes that may take place are additional classes.

LOCATION: Regal Cinemas, 2399 Route 1 South, North Brunswick NJ

TIMES: Roll In: 4pm to 6pm Show: 6 to 10pm Trophies: 1030pm

COST: $15 to show, free to spectate

JUDGED CLASSES: 1st place awarded in each
-Honda Civic
-Mitsubishi
-Honda Accord
-Mazda
-Honda other
-Infiniti
-Scion
-Nissan
-Toyota
-Lexus
-Euro (Audi, BMW, VW)
-Truck/SUV
-Domestic Tuner
-Domestic Muscle 1989 and older
-Domestic Muscle 1990 and newer
-Best Appearing Team
-Best JDM
-Best ICE
-Best of Show

*Best of Show will be featured in a future issue of Rix Mag.

We have an updated list of vendors as well, so far we have
-Gadget Import
-Bay Speed Aero
-Street Glow (99%)

New giveaways include Cadence speakers, a Pulsar alarm, Kicker boombox, and others.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so your sayin that they are only allowing 50 cars to be in the show? and the second show posted is expected to be bigger? i havnt even seen this one on any of my other forums.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

apparently the kidd who posted this other show up that i fwd to here e-mailed the guy regarding the car show listed on the 1st post and he told them that they are being selective with the cars that are entering for the car show.. not just 50 cars thats for show case.. but for the whole show in general.. I am personally emailing the guy myself and getting the story straight because i hate going to unorganized shows and going to a show thats shady and showing up the day of to pay for the show and saying i cant come in due to limited spots u know..
Old 03-23-2009, 11:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i kno wat you mean, i been to a few shows like that.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Nichole - I'm going to have to split that off to another thread. Please don't post event info about another event and confuse things.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No i was just posting up from another thread.. Im not going to that event i dont think im going to either both sound shady.. i was just letting everyone know that the 1st show people are saying they are selecting cars to be in it, i just copied and pasted all of that into here im not trying to start another event in the same thread im not stupid nick. But theres a lot of confusion going on with this show so whatever the hell i posted up ontop is the same that is being posted in the same thread as this show on other car forums. There is way to much confusion with these car shows so i just emailed the guy and i will post his response up when he gets back to me.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

heres a clear up on the show. they were nice enough to get back to me within a half hour.. so heres the email i got in response to me asking about the limited space:

You are correct you do not have to pre-register however we do have limited space so if we are full on Saturday I can't take on site registrations. As long as your vehicle is modified we are more than willing to have everyone show, this is an event for the public and we have a lot of great stuff to give away and hook people up with to show it. Thanks for getting in touch and look forward to seeing you there!

Rudy James
Old 03-23-2009, 06:19 PM

Let me correct what you might have heard, because honestly it sounds as if your mis-informed.

We have 2 separate areas at the event.. One is the standard registration area where as many cars can come and show and you can bring what ever you want! The other is a 50 car custom showcase that is hand picked by my staff.. These cars are exotics, rares, race cars, race bikes, and other seriously modified machines.. THIS is where the vehicles will be selected.

The normal show area is not by selection and is open for everyone to register on our site. I can personally promise you that there will be no "shady" things going on whatsoever.

We're expecting to have a GREAT and EXCITING event for you guys!

I will have more updates as the days go on.

Please if you have any question contact me or my staff, this way we can clear up any confusions!

Thanks!!