Old 07-14-2011, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I miss scionVIP lol
Old 07-14-2011, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm going to say my part what I have to say.Some of you may get on the defensive side but I'm not here to kiss up to anyone.I have read everything here and on other forums and what not.As well i have learned on many forums by watching,attending meets,shows,reading posts,seeing everybody at these events it's all the same no matter the brand that's the car game for you.The person that said something about it is a member on the site/forum but he or she is not a member of any chapter of that site so don't go and blame a whole club for it. The newbie comment is straight BS that has nothing to do with it either being a newbie to a site doesn't mean you're a newbie to the car scene. As for whats said above half is crap and half is truth. Bottom line its not the point system that needs to be changed it's who is picked for judging that needs to be changed their the ones who award the points like for example let use engine covers one is plain C/F and one is OEM but its professionally done up both are custom now.From that point on, points should be awarded on looks,how it flows in the bay,and if it has any flaws it shouldn't be based on well it gets the most points cause of its material, that's BS and LAZINESS.As well knowing the judges doesn't help you either cause it perceives it to be favoritism and what not to everyone else.To them its a slight edge on your part, me personally it should be the people who are throwing and sponsoring the event who should be judging not an outsider that knows the people at the show.Like for instance if Rockland throws the event it should be them to judge(employees @ dealership) not someone else for them. If you can't judge then don't throw an event point blank. You doing it yourselves avoids all the ____ that went down all the,kissing up,people knowing people,and favoritism and whatever else caused the backlash.As for the other half totally agree with you on the drinking and weed smoking, kick them out point blank and penalize the club from competing their.If anything small/big happens its on you cause its your ___ on the line, its your name out their you're held accountable
Old 07-14-2011, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sbkob2447
I miss scionVIP lol
I agree but i was at this years at it was still fun minus the scion car show
Old 07-14-2011, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DaReal
me personally it should be the people who are throwing and sponsoring the event who should be judging not an outsider that knows the people at the show.Like for instance if Rockland throws the event it should be them to judge(employees @ dealership) not someone else for them. If you can't judge then don't throw an event point blank. You doing it yourselves avoids all the ____ that went down all the,kissing up,people knowing people,and favoritism and whatever else caused the backlash

POINT TAKEN and will be implemented. i can promise that.....
Old 07-15-2011, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im not blaming the entire club im upset at the 2 people talking crap and one of their members also at carisle pulled the same ____ which we found on his fb talking smack about again my car, my bfs tc and my friends tc... It seems to be giving that club a bad taste in my mouth you think ur friendly wth them one moment then boom they stab ya right in the back lol
Old 07-20-2011, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

All i can say is that the judges at rockland do a great job and always have the tc's at that show where all great must have been tough to judges when it comes to points. I feel like im writing the same thing i said last week to some kid that didnt have a car at the show and was _____ing. Rockland is a great time great show drama will only kill the show. Iam sorry Nicole that you had to type all that stuff because of anyone as for scikotics we had 60 plus cars there sux that 2 people that are new had to speak ____ because us in nj scikotics have respect and pride love to know who it was so i can straight things out because i didnt work so hard to have people give you a bad taste in your mouth.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

@ Nicole: You and I already talked at length about this. And it seems like you're a little less seething. Cooler heads will prevail. I know you have a great tC. And you're always doing something to give it an edge. Some people who hate just hate. It's illogical, because emotions are illogical. Some people are jealous, or some people have their favorites. It's like the car shows and cruise nights that ask for people to vote for the car they like best. But, instead of actually picking a worthy car, they pick their friend's car, because they're apart of a club. So te one club with 100 members will vote on their 1 or 2 cars, in order to beat out everyone else. It's not fair. But it happens. There will always be smack talk. Those people could be their only voice or t hey could incite others to be jerks. Either way it's just stupidity. Don't let it drag you down. And you can't blame an entire club. Some clubs have overlapping members to other clubs. Some people may be new. Some people may never be happy unless they tear down others. They will get theirs. I know there's been differences with you and certain other car clubs, but that's in the past. We should all move forward with making things better for ourselves and each other. Thank you for always being supportive of our shows and for coming out! I know it's a long drive for you and your crew. And you an Rob have been around since my 1st shows. Thanks for the love.
@ Dave: Thanks for your support. You've been a great help and represent Scion strong. I was always cool with your predecessors, and I'm happy I am cool with you too. Scikotics has always represented strong. And been very supportive of us. I know Dave is working very hard to runa tight ship. And I know competition can get heated. And, as it was said before, a few bad apples can ruin a bunch. I have watched many of the the clubs both mature and degenerate, and evolve. Io want everyone to come back and have fun, and enjoy in the spirit of friendly and honorable competition. Yes I used Honorable. What of it, it's something I believe in.
@ Andy: Thanks. Absolutely right, we will work harder at both the point system, which is the standard system of the International Car Show Association. We will try to come up with something more comprehensive.
@ DaReal: I've been going to car shows for thepast 8 years. I'm relatively new to the whole thing, compared to others who have been doing the car shows for a longer time than I, I have to say this. I have watched a lot of unfair judging. Most of which judges have ignored point systems completely! I have tried daily driver classes and have been compeltely ignored because my car has subtle exterior changes, but intake to exhaust and suspension enhancements. And have lost to cars with less mods than mine. I only have 15 mods, but to lose to someone with just rims and a spoiler is unacceptable. But I can't contest the judging, but others know the situation. The reason I chose Techinical Advantage is because they have been out there at car shows. They understand the Judging. And they have been on the short end of the judging stick. They have been extrely fair and reliable in their judging. That is why they also represent our dealership. Where as my fellow employees who may like the cars, won't know or understand how to judge, and the same "issues" may arise again. None the less I will try to see if I any of my co-workers would be willing to judge. Shoot, If I could do it all myself, I would. However I should point this out: People forget that Nicole didn't even win 1st in the 1st show, and Rob didn't even place this past show. So there IS NO FAVORITISM. It's a judment call based on what the judges felt were right. I will work with them on making a better system. But I trust them to do the right thing. BTW, DaReal, have you been to my car shows? I strongly disagree with your pov. I chose to do the shows. And they have become one of the best shows in the North East Region, considering the extreme lack of outside support. I don't think that Saying that if we (the dealership) can't do the judging, don't hold the show- is the right mentality. Many shows are held at facilities where those employees are not a part of anyting show related!
Ok sorry for the ramble. I hope you understand my POV. If there are any questions, please let me know. Take care everyone!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can disagree all you want but it's a fact, I'm just letting you know that you're better off doing it yourselves and avoiding the useless bull____ that went down.As for other venues using other judges, the thing with those shows is the judges have no affiliation with any contestant at the show point blank. As for your shows never been to one maybe I'll pop up when I'm in the area, untill then I"ll stay with the mainstream shows that matter more to me.

As for the judging in shows, whats very noticable in alot of them and that i've seen and been in. Is the more ____ you have on or in your car the more points you get. Which SUCKS cause thats how and why you always have a WHACK ___ car winning. I guess thats what they like quantity or quality, but I'll take quality over quantity every time hands down.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dave, im not trying to start with you i am civil with everyone but YOU were one of the members that said i shouldn't have won and then there was the other kid, and god only knows who else was hatin but this is EXACTLY from the scikotics page:

"Wow dude really swag and cocky look you have no clue man just dont know me because iam far from that. Def dont talk to me about shows not meaning anything we take so much pride in our brand our club and how much we are family. We are the biggest scion club in the us here in nj chapter 90 strong plus another 50 peeps here and there. The tc thing i agree she shouldnt have won but what can you do def couple better tc's but points ____s it up every time. Sux you dont have a scion anymore you getting new whip? Did you get a change to peep my xb? I have won every big show you can win other then going to sema since i have had the car but for me the best thing to win is friends and family to roll with in my mind. One thing got to remember is free is free so hell we had a nice day to chill look at great cars and chill only thing it cost was gas all about the love. Wish i got to meet you and bs because def wouldnt have wrote the cocky swag comment."

- I am over it, been over it, i said what i had to say lol but please dont beat around the bush when i know what you said i can read everything that was said and i just dont care anymore i moved on just had to post this that is all
Old 07-23-2011, 05:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I did say it not hating but was talking about points like it said because there was so many Tc there. When its about points the people that placed shouldnt have since so many others there with lot more mods . Sorry if it came off as hating it wasnt just my 2 cents didnt go on some hating blog just said what you posted. I'm sorry if it means anything but def dont want anyone from scikotics trashing on people that are from around car club. Not like we dont think about the judging after a show we been doing this long time. You know me I would go on the attach if I was saying it in a bad way just came off looking wrong.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree there was a lot of Tc's a lot of competition but i really didnt walk around to all of them but i can literally sit here and name every mod i have on my tc probably more than any tc there actually and all the work was done myself and with rob no body shop no nothing, the only mods i dont have is lambos bc there played out, and a turbo or header thats pretty much it on my end or a paint job lol but just upset me to see that thread like i said no offense taken or anything and appolgy taken idc how judges judge im pretty much done with the car scene i show up to support my friends and car club i dont go in looking to win lol no worries