Notices
Regional - Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

Philly Area - Damaged Bumper - Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 09:53 PM

Default Philly Area - Damaged Bumper - Suggestions?

I'll make this quick. I'm about 45 mins outside of the Philly area. Back in March I foolishly damaged my front bumper of my 05' Scion TC. The car is in mint condition, besides the fact of the accident I had. I was at a toll booth, looked down for one second to grab my cash and in front of me, I tapped the end of a trailer hitch connected to a truck and it went right through my bumper, leaving a nice big gaping hole. It devastated me and obviously was my fault. I blame myself for not paying attention that quick moment, but now I'm left with a damaged bumper. I was looking for some quick advice...

I received a few quotes for a paint job and replaced bumper. I know if I go to a high end mechanic/car shop, they're going to charge me over $600 bucks to repair it. I've talked to a few local guys I know and the price is much cheaper, but I want to make sure they do a good job. Also, would you recommend that I update my bumper with the newer grill and fog lights? I was trying not to spend an arm and a leg, so I'm trying to figure out what that could cost me? Maybe I should just stick to the generic bumper? Any ideas?

If anyone reads this and is the area and can do the job, PLEASE contact me. I want to fix it now, I saved up the cash to do so, but I want to do it right.

Contact me with some suggestions if you have any, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2011, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

hey i can help you out, with this.