Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Regional - Pacific Mid (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-pacific-mid-1618/)
-   -   Alarm help please in nor cal?? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-pacific-mid-1618/alarm-help-please-nor-cal-201138/)

VIP_CAMO 03-29-2011 01:10 AM

Alarm help please in nor cal??

So i had a aftermarket alarm in my car but the remote was fliping out and i thought it was time to get a factory one.So the long story my buddy took out the aftermarket one had no issues car started so he started to install the factory alarm and now my driver side door lock does not work pressing the button on the fab or inside the car but the other 3 do.Also my passenger front window does not work anymore but the other 3 do.Also the alarm will not let me program it im so confused and lost and really dont know what to do at this point.I wanted to remove it and see if t was the cause but he had to go so now im stuck with the factory alarm that does not do anything and im in need of some one that can take a look and fix the issues.Maybe check to see if we burnt something out?or do i need a new door lock accutator i meen i dont think that those 2 things just went out right now if it wa ll working just fine before i removed the old alarm.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SquallLHeart 03-29-2011 01:21 AM

i'd say totally go to Gille. he still works at Stevens Creek, but at the Toyota side.

VIP_CAMO 03-29-2011 01:40 AM

I went by and asked if he was still there and the service guy was hella rude and told me yeah he is a mechanic i was like well is he here?and was like ok and?And i got a rude response that he would charge alot of money to dignose my car and bla bla bla then the service guy was checking out my car but was being a ___ and i just left even more ____ed off.I dont know how to take it out and buddy had to leave so now it still hooked up.I really dont want to drive around with it all ghetto.I dod not want to touch it because i do not know electrical now looks like im fed

SquallLHeart 03-29-2011 02:03 AM

did you get the dude's name?

for the most part i still remember the general aspects of installing the alarm, but there's a few detailed parts where i don't remember anymore.

Gille still hangs out a bit Friday evenings to wait out the traffic in his area, but it's best if you try to email him if you can't get ahold of him.

VIP_CAMO 03-29-2011 02:50 AM

Do you have his e-mail?Would be great to get any help im trying to get my buddy to remove it so i can see if the wires are the cause just to rule anything out..

VIP_CAMO 03-31-2011 02:38 AM

Sent the e-mail no response any one on here can help me out??i want to un install it and see if i still have the issue with my window and door locks just to rule anything out..Please help :nails:

VIP_CAMO 04-06-2011 12:46 AM

Update!!Took the alarm and everything works fine now:relief:So anyone know how to or how much it cost to install the factory alarm??

VIP_CAMO 04-07-2011 12:33 AM

Not asking how to,Im asking if anyone can do it for me!

frogbox 04-07-2011 01:47 AM

Offer enough money and maybe someone will help.

Personally I have gotten tired of helping people for free and not even getting a Thank You.

Suggestion , TAKE IT TO A DEALER if your unable or unwilling to DIY

As I have seen in somebodys sig
"Respect!!!!
You don't buy it!!
You build it !!!"

SquallLHeart 04-07-2011 06:04 AM

i've installed a factory alarm before... but there's one or two wire pin manipulations i don't really remember.. so without having to ask Gille... i wouldn't really be of much help without knowing that info.

VIP_CAMO 04-07-2011 06:04 AM

Went to the dealer and the guy was a dick:gun: all he said was its going to cost alot of money and bla bla bla never gave any amount or anything ,if i was 10 years old but hey fine with me i will just take my funds else were....:icon_nono: Seems like toyota and scion are really going to ____ now,not just dealer wise but even the community ,really sad to see:? Still a few good peps out there :clap:

VIP_CAMO 04-07-2011 06:54 PM

Thanks homie thats were we got stuck as well..The coleman peeps are allways great at helping each other out :love: u guys