Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

M&G discussion

Old 02-14-2012, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Default M&G discussion

So with the new year, new event, and a newer crowd i thought this might be a good time to revisit this. With the Sunday coffee meet taking off and Friday night m&g's waining i,thought i would open this up. Should we change locations of m&g's, change days, or are some of them even viable anymore. Variety is the spice of life here and we may have become stagnant here....thoughts?
Old 02-14-2012, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Would be cool to come up with something involving Oregon & Washington maybe once a month. Maybe on a Saturday so we'd all have time to make it back home in decent time. Just a thought
Old 02-14-2012, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kanchi
So with the new year, new event, and a newer crowd i thought this might be a good time to revisit this. With the Sunday coffee meet taking off and Friday night m&g's waining i,thought i would open this up. Should we change locations of m&g's, change days, or are some of them even viable anymore. Variety is the spice of life here and we may have become stagnant here....thoughts?
As we all know it takes work to be successful. Sinday coffee is working because a couple of us really have become good friends and Enjoy sharing the passing of time. It has also taken an effort and commitment and some good ol' luck. I also think the idea of it moving every week helps, as well as throwing in a drive and lunch like last week, which IMO was a Perfect example of a Good time. I do know that we can't allow ourselves or our community to become mundane or stagnant...or we die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggi
Would be cool to come up with something involving Oregon & Washington maybe once a month. Maybe on a Saturday so we'd all have time to make it back home in decent time. Just a thought

Robbie & Shirley did drive up and join us this past sinday for coffee and xxx.. It was Great seeing them I might add.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

^
he nailed that one. The sunday morning thing works best for me 'cause it's easier for me to get to. I do agree that changing the location is nice 'cause it does introduce others from time to time that cannot make the other ones for whatever reasons.

I, personally, would like to see more or incorporate more event style things like bowling, pool, mini golf, go karts and such rather than just standing in a parking lot, but that is just my 2 cents.

i am happy to see new faces and the community growing/getting back together - that makes me happy
Old 02-14-2012, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think this spontaneous meet opportunity is a good deal, Whidbey Island Scions is a very random meet style IMO. it works for us.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Interesting and valid points by all......

Stagnant can indeed be a bad thing.....

The scene does indeed change and have Seasons of people in differant places and areas of their lives.

Some of the meets that have indeed seemed to wane off are the Olympia and the Seattle meets.They do best in the Summer sunny months.The Tacoma meet has always been one of the bigger meets,but with the new Winco there it has made it less meet friendly,I for one don't like to be in a parking lot with lots of people shopping and cars driving all around......finding a differant meet place in Tacoma is kinda hard to do but can be done.

The Coffee Sundays is one of those on the fly sort of constant bunch of people up stupid early on a Sunday who find themselves in need of a 6 shot mocha.....and nothing better to do....it works and should be kept just like it is....

Of course the regular cruises like ST Helen's and Pizza Run those should as always remain.....they work.....they are fun.....

If peopel come up with some great on the fly ideas those always seem to do well....life gives us exactly what it should if you let it....did htat make sense.

Of course we always have had the tech days and Bday parties and Larrypoulza.....these things are just what happens in life....to much structure and it takes away the fun...

I am open for some revamping of things but also I like the on the fly stuff and some solid structure stuff....

There are gonna be some shows of course this year and I am not sure but people are bring cars to the table this year that are pretty complete packages and are as good as it gets....I saw so many sweet rides at the race way this year for the toy run it made me giggle for days at how many of the cars now have 3-5 years of people working on them to get them to where they are....and it is nice to see.

Most of all this year I look forward to gettign my Balliztik Banner back on and rolling with my buds and having fun....

Perhaps we could have some get togethers to figure out what is working and what should be left alone and what can be added and what should go away....

Sorry swingshfit at work and way too much coffee and chocolate...lol
Old 02-15-2012, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Quote:

Robbie & Shirley did drive up and join us this past sinday for coffee and xxx.. It was Great seeing them I might add.[/QUOTE]

All we need to do then is get Pete's booty out & about lol. I believe some people/events may have left a bad taste in his mouth so we need to get that good taste back
Old 02-15-2012, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

I agree Brian. I look at things like the Marysville M&G where we get 4 people on a good meet and none on a regular basis and think there has got to be something that can be done to help capture more people and have something that works better for more people. Personally i like the Friday night idea in the summer as it is warmer and the weekends are usually filled with events both car and non-related. However winter/spring/ fall events fall off and it is freakin cold. Just want to see what others think in general, should we add, remove, change, all of the above, and how?
Old 02-15-2012, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Quote:

Robbie & Shirley did drive up and join us this past sinday for coffee and xxx.. It was Great seeing them I might add.
All we need to do then is get Pete's booty out & about lol. I believe some people/events may have left a bad taste in his mouth so we need to get that good taste back [/QUOTE]

Your His girl , SO , do what you dojust sayin'
Old 02-15-2012, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Quote:All we need to do then is get Pete's booty out & about lol. I believe some people/events may have left a bad taste in his mouth so we need to get that good taste back
OK, so no offense or nothing, but we'll leave the "good taste in his mouth" responsibility for you Ziggy Bwaahahahahahahahahaha!!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Quote:

All we need to do then is get Pete's booty out & about lol. I believe some people/events may have left a bad taste in his mouth so we need to get that good taste back [/QUOTE]

I would say to this that no one gets along with everyone so its best to just spend yor time/surround yourself with those that appreciate your company. There is a spare room up here for you guys if you are up this way and i am looking at getting another futon for there as well...just sayin....
Old 02-15-2012, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Agreed, from me personally, I miss you both
Old 02-15-2012, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok I soo should not have said the mouth/taste comment haha!

Thank you Erik for the open door & the rest of you guys, I will do my best because I'm sure he misses you guys too
Old 02-16-2012, 08:34 PM
SL Member

I am looking forward to getting involved again, I am here and open for idea's, we would like to get some fun things rolling again......

What does anyone think about another photo scavenger hunt?
Old 02-17-2012, 05:44 AM
SL Member

I just can't justify getting up that early on a Saturday :/ lol (im just lazy i guess) though I for one would like to see another Ocean Shores drive or a Peninsula run.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Victor i think a photo scavenger hunt would be awesome!

Turner i think a weekend at ocean shores would be awesome too!
Old 02-17-2012, 05:29 PM
United Imports
Balliztik
SL Member

I was talking to one of the reps at car toys in tacoma and he said we were welcome to have our meets in their parking lot, I can always pursue that route if we want to get away from winco.. wish I had sundays off so I could go to the coffee meets..!
Old 02-17-2012, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

^good idea!!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:04 PM
SL Member

Graffiti Garage in downtown Tacoma is normally pretty empty on Friday nights. Bonus is it's only 2 blocks from my favorite hangout, Dorky's
Old 02-17-2012, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ocean shores was a lot of fun - oh those were the days

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: M&G discussion