Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Regional - Pacific Northwest (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-pacific-northwest-1625/)
-   -   xB Trailer Hitch ? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-pacific-northwest-1625/xb-trailer-hitch-99429/)

T_Dot 04-28-2007 03:52 AM

xB Trailer Hitch ?

any dealerships around sell and install a trailer hitch ?

:)

if so, which ones do you have available?

i have to pull a few boats around town.

thanks

ps i always see these xb 2 people in marysville. you are always driving in my buddies neighborhood when im there. if i remember right, one is dark red, and the other is silver or something. a young guy drives the red one, and an older guy drives the silver one.

Viola000 04-28-2007 04:00 AM

I've only ever seen one xB with a little hitch on it. When I inquired, I was told it wasn't rated to tow. I'd be interested to see what you find out.

TJ 04-28-2007 04:05 AM

Curt Mfg Hitch sells one. Rated 2000 lbs tow / 200 lbs tongue weight. I've hauled a toy (dirt bike) trailer more than a few times before i decided to sell it, probably 400 lbs total.

It did fine. Just kept it under 65 mph . I have since uninstalled it. Just sitting in the garage. If you lived near me i could sell it cheap.

wrinkles 04-28-2007 04:15 AM

what do u think your gonna tow with a xb ?

PizzaBox 04-28-2007 05:46 AM

On a similar topic, is there such a thing as a tow bar for an xb (for pulling it behind an RV)?? I found out you can camp with an extra car for free with an RV at state parks if there is a tow bar on your car so you can at least pretend you towed it behind your RV when you arrived. We always need an extra car for local camping expeditions so one person can still go to work, etc.

Macster 04-28-2007 06:29 AM

There is a guy in Auburn that tows his xB behind his HUGE RV (looks alittle longer than those 40ft Metro Buses) with a tow bar

Viola000 04-28-2007 01:53 PM

I've definitely seen xB's towed "four down" behind RV's.

dibbz 04-28-2007 03:14 PM

what kind of boats you plan on pullin behind a box??

ratcityrain 04-28-2007 03:26 PM

I think the only watercradt that you could pull behind is a jet ski, but that be about it....

What a great photo op, seeing a xb pulling a jet ski & trailer out of the water at a boat launch!!! ha ha

dibbz 04-29-2007 03:25 PM

with the front tires ablaze??? now that would be kewl!

T_Dot 04-29-2007 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by dibbz
what kind of boats you plan on pullin behind a box??

aluminum

right now the boats are car toppers, and thats how i move them around. if i choose to carry more than 1 boat its impossible without a trailer.

mind you these boats are extremely light. all in all the total weight including trailer would be less than 200 lbs

dibbz 04-29-2007 03:38 PM

i found this on a search, but nothing locally...http://www.bageco.com/hitchlistscurt...stcu_scion.htm

metropolitandetail 04-29-2007 05:13 PM

if the boat won't fit in the trunk, you probably can't tow it.

mocascion 04-29-2007 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Macster
There is a guy in Auburn that tows his xB behind his HUGE RV (looks alittle longer than those 40ft Metro Buses) with a tow bar

There's a guy in the neighborhood across from me (also in Auburn) that tows with his PW xB all the time. Usually a jet ski, motor bike, work stuff, and the like...but yeah - not too much weight as he looks like he has some speed/performance because of how much he has. I'll try to hit him up this week to ask where he got his.

jpauletteUSAF 04-29-2007 06:14 PM

I dunno, I heard the towing capacity for the xB is somewhere around "Don't". :rofl:

ratcityrain 04-29-2007 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by jpauletteUSAF
I dunno, I heard the towing capacity for the xB is somewhere around "Don't". :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BLAKBOX06 04-30-2007 12:55 AM

I've installed towbars and trailer hitches on xbs before. If you need any info shoot me a pm. the hitch for your xb installs using factory holes so theres no drilling and a company called d'llan is releasing a hitch that is completly hidden on the car when the draw bar is removed. If youd like i can post up tow ratings from the different companies after i talk to them on monday. also if your car is an auto dont forget to add a trany cooler.

T_Dot 04-30-2007 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by BLAKBOX06
I've installed towbars and trailer hitches on xbs before. If you need any info shoot me a pm. the hitch for your xb installs using factory holes so theres no drilling and a company called d'llan is releasing a hitch that is completly hidden on the car when the draw bar is removed. If youd like i can post up tow ratings from the different companies after i talk to them on monday. also if your car is an auto dont forget to add a trany cooler.

5spd

pm sent... hidden or not i dont mind, as long as it does the job.

give me a shout once you find out more info

thanks