Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Regional - Pacific South (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-pacific-south-1617/)
-   -   Got an exhaust ticket? Sticky? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-pacific-south-1617/got-exhaust-ticket-sticky-134540/)

SleePi 09-01-2009 02:49 AM

Well, I got pulled over today for my exhaust and he got my intake as well. He gave me a state ref sticker.
This is my first ticket, so I have no idea what to do.

They wrote down the codes, but I can't really read what one of them is.
cvc 27150 (modi ____) I'm guessing exhaust. Correctible
cvc 27156 (modi emissions) Non Correctible
cvc 5200 (front plate) Correctible

My question is.. Do I have to swap out my intake and my exhaust to get it state reffed. what does it mean by correctible and non correctible.

AcidDrop 09-01-2009 02:59 AM

yes swap out both of them and you will more than likely still have to pay for the intake ticket unless you ask to see the judge and come up with a really good damn story to get away with it lol.

SleePi 09-01-2009 03:53 AM

so, I can't pass with the evo2 exhaust? ):

on my way to school after i got pulled over i saw a sti with his hood popped and a civic with his hood popped. all on the same street.

**Edit

Oh yeah thanks for the reply. (:

guess i'll just remove everything, sell the intake and reinstall the exhaust.

AcidDrop 09-01-2009 08:05 AM

i'm sure the greddy evo2 will pass so just leave it on and get it signed off by the state ref so everytime you get pulled over for the exhaust you show the cop the state red certificate saying that your exhaust is legal because it's below CA's state db level. as for the intake if you were to leave it and get popped again then you would have to pay double the amount as before that way you won't put it back on because if you do then next time the ticket will be alot more. hope you understand what i mean.

SleePi 09-01-2009 04:38 PM

alright, thanks for the information.

tkevin07 10-15-2009 06:26 AM

so if the TC is missing the secondary cat it wont pass smog right?

AcidDrop 10-15-2009 06:34 AM

nope.

cabrera1985 10-29-2009 04:08 PM

Aight guys well i finally got my first ref state ticket for the following:
cvc 27156 (modi emissions) Non Correctible

Now i have to go to Golden West College to get it referee. I have a Greddy Turbo kit and a full 3" straight exhaust. I know that the exhaust i have to swap it to my stock but my question is my turbo. Will the get me for that?? I honestly dont want to put it stock again and then turbo only because im not gonna drive it at all no more. Please help.

PS I have the KEN GUSHI and TANNER FOUST body kit

AcidDrop 10-29-2009 06:34 PM

^exhaust has to go back to stock and the turbo will need to come off the car inorder for your car to pass the state ref inspection (since it's not carb legal) but if it's non-correctable then you don't have to state to the state ref unless you try and see a judge and hope he is having a good day when you go so you won't have to pay the full fee of the ticket. yeah i've seen your car around and it looks nice but gets alot of attention as well, you just have to becareful while driving and try not to boost so the cops won't hear your turbo.

cabrera1985 11-04-2009 11:59 PM

Keep people updated:

Well im taking off my turbo and the exhaust of the car. 3 days ago i also bought a 350Z because the TC was not drivable due to the state ref. Going next week for state ref.

breauxseph 11-10-2009 07:26 PM

wtf!?^^

caliban 12-17-2009 12:32 AM

damn.. they are really putting the hammer down on modifying.. this sucks!!

KrAzY17 12-17-2009 05:01 AM

yea i also got another exhaust ticket the day after BOTI. He made it correctable, i wonder how much is this one going to cost if i dont fix it cause last exhaust ticket was $1200. I also have to take off my headers n intake. Last time i went to get an exhaust ticker fixed they didnt pass me even with the stock exhaust cause of the inatke n header. so back to stock once more time.

jwink24 01-30-2010 01:23 PM

***BE CAREFUL****
I had recieved a ticket for my exhaust being to loud. I took it to the
State Ref and had it tested. Passed with 92dbs:lol:. A month later I got pulled over again for the exhaust, Showed the sticker ticket from the ref and the cop let me go. A few months after that I get pulled over by CHP and I show him the sticker and he tell me, "tells me today is not my day" and writes the ticket even though I have proof the exhaust is legal. I traded in the car before getting the test taken again and had to pay the full fine of $200 plus court fees. This was back in 2008 so fines probably went higher after all the budget problems in cali.

/rant
C.A.R.B. is a scam, It's just a money making department for california. Just look at all the construction jobs that will be lost in california due to their regulations. Also, they are ticketing Semi trucks who idle their engines for more than 3 minutes:eyes:.
/rant over

thekevin 01-30-2010 03:30 PM

why don't you just put the stock exhaust back on? it's not worth the hassle

AcidDrop 01-30-2010 04:12 PM

^he put down that he traded the car in before going to get it retested but either way if the chp officer gave you a ticket, you could of went to court knowing that your exhaust passed and not have had to pay the $200 for the ticket.

thekevin 01-30-2010 04:16 PM

my comment was towards everyone that got a ticket.

AcidDrop 01-30-2010 04:31 PM

well it's still easy to get your exhaust checked off by the state ref because if you put the stock one and then swap it back to an aftermarket, the fine will double up each time you get a modified exhaust ticket.

thekevin 01-30-2010 05:56 PM

it's been said hundreds of times but "you gotta pay to play"

TeeCizzle 03-19-2010 03:28 PM

I got my State Ref towards the end of Jan. for Exhaust & Intake.

My Court Date is at the end of this Month....For the Loud Exhaust.

Does anyone know how much it will be?

I already have the Sticker attached to the ticket from State Ref place saying I am in Compliance...I am running the Stock Exhaust right now.

Hope it aint that much!..