Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Regional - Pacific South (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-pacific-south-1617/)
-   -   Is it Street Legal to debadge or paint your cars emblem? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-pacific-south-1617/street-legal-debadge-paint-your-cars-emblem-107983/)

RnB180 07-12-2007 08:06 PM

Is it Street Legal to debadge or paint your cars emblem?

I started to wonder if it was Street Legal? Can you get a ticket for debadging or painting your cars emblem, like a black emblem and black tC?

Everything in California is not allowed nowadays and I don't really know whats legal or not, and I want to make sure I don't get pulled over for something silly like a debadge.

divine_suffering 07-12-2007 08:12 PM

I dont live in cali but theres no way you can get busted for that. I'm sure of it. Thats downright unconstitutional.

SEXB909 07-12-2007 08:12 PM

:rofl: J/K. if it has a fart can attached to it maybe, but I may give you props if you can manage to do that.

evosky 07-12-2007 08:16 PM

nahhh.

manufacturers like BMW and exotics offer debadge as a factory option.
colored emblems also come from OEMs as well.
no way you can get a ticket for that.

bBlover 07-12-2007 08:20 PM

NO WAY! Of course not. Now if you put a Porsche turbo emblem on a 07 Ford Mustang then you should be ticketed.

RnB180 07-12-2007 08:40 PM

Good to know, I get double takes here from police and got a front window tint ticket when I was pulled over with my windows rolled down at a parking lot.

My cars stock. everything but tint and wheels. I suppose the tC just looks like an easy target for pull overs.

I debadged my tC and painted my scion emblems black on a black tC. I just dont want to get pulled over for that too.

I cracked the paint where the emblem was while removing it, aaargh, I used a small paint brush and covered it was glossy Duplicolor, but it looks sloppy.

My poor new tC...

Anyhow how much do you think the dealer would charge to fix that? its literally about two spots 1/2" long. the Duplicolor makes it all bumpy looking.
It's only noticeable when you look at it about a foot away. but its right by the emblem on the inner circle. I know its there and its bugging the heck out of me.

tC9o9 07-12-2007 10:12 PM

you are allowed to debadge and paint the emblems, however you can get in trouble for putting false emblems on your car, like the acura boys who put honda symbols on their car. :tap:

cherryBox 07-12-2007 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by RnB180
good to know, I get double takes here from police and got a front window tint ticket when I was pulled over with my windows rolled down at a parking lot.

My cars stock. everything but tint and wheels. I suppose the tc just looks like an eazy target for pull overs.

I debadged my tc and painted my scion emblems black on a black tc. I just dont want to get pulled over for that too.

I cracked the paint where the emblem was while removing it, argh, I used a small paint brush and covered it was glossy duplicolor, but it looks sloppy.

my poor new tc...

anyhow how much do you think the dealer would charge to fix that? its literally about two spots 1/2" long. the duplicolor makes it all bumpy looking. its only noticeable when you look at it about a foot away. but its right by the emblem on the inner circle. I know its there and its bugging the heck out of me.

CRACKED THE PAINT? :eyes: ouch...

probably about 300, they'd have to paint the whole area.

kevsXB 07-13-2007 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by tC9o9
you are allowed to debadge and paint the emblems, however you can get in trouble for putting false emblems on your car, like the acura boys who put honda symbols on their car. :tap:

In Japan they call Acura, Honda instead I guess it's JDM for them.

tC9o9 07-13-2007 05:49 AM

Ya, I know that, Acura RSX = Honda Integra in Japan, we are in America, I hate posers.

scikotictc232 07-13-2007 05:59 AM

The other day i got pulled over for modified exhaust down here in Washington and my car is debadged in the rear well just the tC emblem and a Tein emblem for my coilovers

and when I got a ticket the cop put down for Make = Scion, Model= Tein it was soo funny he was a douche bag.

ih8civx 07-13-2007 06:01 AM

I'm from PA and every car I've driven has been Shaved for the past 5 years.

RnB180 07-13-2007 07:47 AM

$300 dollars? I just need the inner circle painted, I dont even care if its the same black color, as long as it looks smooth.

is that how much they normally charge for keyed doors?

for that price I might as well just shave the back trunk, how much do one of those cost at a body shop?

allenofray 07-14-2007 06:53 AM

it should be illegal to put SKYLINE GT-R emblems on your mustang and altezza lights on anything that isn't an altezza

dannygenio 07-14-2007 06:59 AM

just don;t put a lexus emblem on your car

Dwatts5250 07-14-2007 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by dannygenio
just don't put a Lexus emblem on your car

Hmmm I think I read a post on someone in a tC asking about that.
Sure, its a Lexus tCX......One of a kind.... :rofl:

Although the rebadged Pontiac/Porsche i had in my shop the other day was a hoot and a half. The owner even told me,"It's a Porsche, its just different, and don't be judgin me cuz I'm Black".
I looked at this lady, and was trying to figure out how race ever became an issue. I wasn't even thinking that. I was just thinking. I HATE stupid people, but they do tend to make my day.

A Pontiac Porsche..Is that "EuroAmerican?" :loser:

TeeCizzle 07-14-2007 10:27 PM

The Accessories they sell at PepBoys, Kragen, AutoZone that people put on their exteriors of their cars should be ILLEGAL!!!

Dwatts5250 07-14-2007 10:31 PM

Except for the Mako Shark eating the Darwin fish.....Im diggin that one. Only cuz I know it irks people.

GORILLA 07-15-2007 12:01 AM

no way if so a lot of people are gonna get rolled...

Dwatts5250 07-15-2007 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by TeeCizzle
The Accessories they sell at PepBoys, Kragen, AutoZone that people put on their exteriors of their cars should be ILLEGAL!!!

Does that mean I shouldnt buy the "Supercharged" and the "R/T" and the "454" emblems........Ah man.....thats no fun....what about the Corvette flags...come one surely that will make my car faster....... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: