Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Regional - Plains (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-plains-1630/)
-   -   All Scion Show 4.0 Camping Roll call (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-plains-1630/all-scion-show-4-0-camping-roll-call-96116/)

IAxB 03-30-2007 01:49 AM

All Scion Show 4.0 Camping Roll call

Ok I'm trying to get together a list of people who are planning on Camping at the All Scion Show in Ames. I know Myself and at least a few others are planning on camping at Hickory Grove Park, its a Story county park, about 20 minutes east of Ames. if you want a site with electricity(to run your heater) its $14 per night, Primitive camping with no electric, and on the other side of the pond from the showers is $7 per night, this is both an rv and tent campground. Last year there were probably 10 or more sites available the whole weekend, its early for camping in Iowa.

So far the roll call is

1. IAxB (Roy and family) 2 xBs
2. Rob and family 2 xBs
3. Scotty 1 xB
4. Shorberg and family? 1 xB

Feel free to add you name to the list. We can always add more numbers as needed.

shorberg 03-30-2007 01:12 PM

I am still considering options, I havn't 100% confirmed my attendance of the show yet

*crosses fingers*

IAxB 03-30-2007 01:49 PM

Thats why theres a Question mark behind your name horberg. knew you weren't sure on stuff yet

shorberg 03-30-2007 05:17 PM

oh . . .

SHORBERG RULES!!

/threadjack

Scion05BOPxB 03-31-2007 12:03 AM

3. Scotty 1 xB

Is that me, or another Scott xB? If not me, please add or let me know and I'll add, either way I plan on camping to save money.

IAxB 03-31-2007 02:49 PM

Re: All Scion Show 4.0 Camping Roll call

nope Scott that was someone else who's not on this site. I'll add you.

2. Rob and family 2 xBs
3. Scotty 1 xB
5. Scion05BOPxB (Scott) 1xB

Feel free to add you name to the list. We can always add more numbers as needed.

Scion05BOPxB 04-01-2007 05:18 PM

Thanks for the add... we'll change it to Heflin to reduce confusion.

2. Rob and family 2 xBs
3. Scotty 1 xB
5. Scion05BOPxB (Heflin) 1xB

Scion05BOPxB 04-12-2007 01:40 AM

bump for the Kamping Krew!

IAxB 04-14-2007 02:25 PM

bump!!
Ya know you want to Camp.

shorberg 04-16-2007 02:13 PM

2. Rob and family 2 xBs
3. Scotty 1 xB
4. Shorberg, ScionWife and ScionChild 1 xB
5. Scion05BOPxB (Heflin) 1xB

If I am able to make it, I am camping. Keep me posted on where to go and all.

*this post pending approval from ScionWife who will be 3 months pregnant when we arrive in Ames* ;)

Scion05BOPxB 05-05-2007 02:12 AM

So what's the scoop on camping? Roy, are you going to get us all set up and we'll pay you back when we get there? I'd def want an electricity site. I'll have the air mattress, electric blanket, microwave, playstation, 50" widescreen.... kidding, but an electric site is what I want.

IAxB 05-05-2007 02:40 AM

ok, its a county campgrounds, they don't take reservations, first come first serve, this early in the year, there USUALLY aren't that many campers, there were about a dozen rvs last year and about 4 or five tent people, there were at least 6 or seven sites with Electricity still open all weekend. Are you rolling in on friday or Saturday? I don't know what was available at the other sites, didn't make it that far into the park. as cold as it was last year I'm guessing there were next to no one camping in a primitive site last year.. I guess if its warmer it might be a little busier.. but get there early in the day and you should be fine.

Scion05BOPxB 05-05-2007 02:50 AM

I won't be there until late Friday. I'm getting off work at 1pm, then about 6 hours on the road (at Alex speed). Do they have people there that monitor the grounds... i.e. if I set up my tent and leave it there with the cooler and a couple things will it be ok? What about Saturday, will we be able to leave our stuff set up while we're at the show, etc? Thanks for the info.

IAxB 05-05-2007 04:07 AM

If you set up it should be pretty safe, there is a ranger "house" close to the campground, not sure if anyone actually lives in it, last year we set up on Friday morning staged the site, and then pretty much left it all day and everything was fine, should be pretty cool. As far as sited, they have 43 sites w/ electrical, this early in the season it shouldn't be any problem at all. I plan on setting up either Thursday afternoon, or friday morning, we'll see what my days bring. this is the same campground Rob and I stayed at last year, so he knows exactly where it is. pretty easy to find, once my internet connection returns to normal speeds I'll post driving directions to it from ames.

IAxB 05-07-2007 02:22 PM

ok, I was originally going to go down to Ames on Thursday and set up camp and all that stuff. Due to circumstances We will be rolling in to Ames early Friday afternoon. So we'll be setting up camp then. Any one else who is planning on camping who might have any questions PM me and I'll get you my Cell # so you can call me w/ questions.

Heres the easiest directions to get to the campground. Get on Highway 30 in Ames and Head East. go about 13.8 miles turn right onto 680th Ave, go about 1 mile or so turn right onto 250th ST. go about a half mile or so turn left into the park then an immediate right into the campground.

Driver_Lost 05-10-2007 01:27 PM

camping

Hey Roy, What about this state park that's only 15 miles away? Ledges http://www.iowadnr.com/parks/state_p...st/ledges.html

That county shower was freezing last year, on top of us freezing was rough. Our stuff left at the campsite might be a little safer.

That county park is close to the road, and the only gate worker I saw, came in for two seconds to grab the money for the site boxes and left.

What do ya think?

grizzly_choppers 05-10-2007 02:42 PM

Ledges is probably mostly under water right now. It's very low-lying and floods easily.

Sorry man!

-Alex

IAxB 05-10-2007 05:12 PM

Ledges would be awesome if it wasn't underwater. that was the problem with it last year, and I'm sure it will be a problem this year too...as far as being close to the road, it is off away from the main highways...hopefully we won't have any problems.... plus this year the lows are only supposed to be in the 50s :nails: I hope thats right! Maybe the showers will be warmer too! I remember looking extensively last year and Hickory Grove kinda came down as the best option.

shorberg 05-19-2007 01:11 PM

camping rocked by the way.

I spent $11 total casa de la one love, and had an awesome time . . . that is before I crashed and the rest of team one love f'd with me all night long, lol.

Scion05BOPxB 05-19-2007 06:50 PM

^^ says Snorberg von sleeps through snooze for 2 hours. :)