Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Regional - Plains (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-plains-1630/)
-   -   Omaha peeps (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-plains-1630/omaha-peeps-190179/)

firstkingofbeer 07-18-2010 03:10 AM

Omaha peeps

So I'm now stationed at offutt afb and was wondering if anybody on here was living around the area. Driving out to desmoines just to hang out with scion owners is somewhat pricey lol. Anyways my name is Ryan I have a 2010 xD let me know if anybody is down to hang out or meet up!

usc_ty 07-19-2010 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by firstkingofbeer (Post 3630074)
So I'm now stationed at offutt afb and was wondering if anybody on here was living around the area. Driving out to desmoines just to hang out with scion owners is somewhat pricey lol. Anyways my name is Ryan I have a 2010 xD let me know if anybody is down to hang out or meet up!

From what I can tell, the scene here is quite small. Most of the action is down in KC it looks like. I'll be down for a meet up as long as it doesn't fall on a track day...so that probably means some time in late fall since summer is crammed with track time on the weekends...although a weekday meet would be sweet....hmm, will have to see if I can work that out....

So far I only know Un4Scene who I have yet to meet in real life. From his photos, he has some pretty sick taillights on his tC...

firstkingofbeer 07-19-2010 04:43 AM

Yeah I've definately noticed that it seems nobody really seems to care about scions or do anything to them out here

usc_ty 07-19-2010 11:45 AM

What is your schedule like this summer/fall? Would you be up for meeting on weekdays? I'm going to see what the other Omaha guy's schedule is and perhaps we can do a small meet up.

Un4Scene 07-19-2010 11:58 PM

I'm definitely down to meet everyone, but I'm pretty much always out of town during the week, and only home on select weekends. That is the sucktitude of my job, and what I sacrfifice to have enough money to play with my car. So, if y'all wanna schedule something I'll be there if I can, but I can't make any promises. I am going to the show in KC this weekend though. I'm working in North Platte this week, so I'm gonna have to bust @$$ home to get my new coilovers installed on Friday night so I can take off on Saturday morning. If anyone wants to join me for the weekend I'd appreciate the company!

On a different note...
If y'all need any work done on your cars, I reccomend Sublime Speed Technology/In Phase Car Audio (same shop - near 132nd & L). They've treated me right so far, and done good work for me. Plus, those guys have a few Scions of their own, so they know what they're doing. I stopped in there yesterday to see if they were making an appearance at the KC show this weekend, and they didn't even know about it. Hopefully they'll be able to put something together despite the short notice.

I also stopped by Performance Scion of La Vista. The woman that's listed on here as being in charge of Scinergy Nebraska apparently hasn't worked there since last year. Somehow I doubt they're doing anything with our local branch. I guess we're on our own as far as that goes.

I hope to see y'all around, and let me know if you wanna hook up to go to the show this weekend, or want any help working on your cars!

~Laken

usc_ty 07-20-2010 02:25 AM

I may take you up on the offer to work on the cars later on in the year. I take it that you have a garage and tools. I usually get my car ready for track days at the beginning of the season and by the end of the season in the late fall, it gets all beat up and I have to patch it up. I'll definitely let you know.

Yeah, I went to Sublime when I first got here to check them out. They have been pretty good so far. One of the guys drives a pretty sick tC.

What exactly do you do that has you traveling so much?

I'd go to KC this weekend except that there is a track day at MAM Sat/Sun so I'll have to catch the next event that they'll have in KC. Have fun!

KCTTC 07-20-2010 02:49 AM

Sorry we can't attend the event this weekend. We have been real busy trying to get cars ready for the import face-off on September 5 in KC. You guys will have to let me know how the show went. Stop up and check out the TC. I currently got the interior out to put a full cage in. (Let me know if you know anyone that wants to buy my system. Designed for the tC with 5.1 surround sound.) We decided to build the tC for SCCA STU class. Hopefully I will have it on the track by next season.
Let me know if you guys need parts, parts installed or help with installs.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Sublime Speed Technology

Un4Scene 07-20-2010 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by usc_ty (Post 3631636)
I may take you up on the offer to work on the cars later on in the year. I take it that you have a garage and tools. I usually get my car ready for track days at the beginning of the season and by the end of the season in the late fall, it gets all beat up and I have to patch it up. I'll definitely let you know.

What exactly do you do that has you traveling so much?

I've actually had the majority of my tool collection stolen twice now. I'm still trying to rebuild it after the last time, but I have a fair amount to work with. Since I don't have a compressor and I don't work in a shop anymore I don't have any air tools, but I still manage to do most of what I need to. I do have a garage for now, but I may not by the end of summer, as I'm in the process of moving. I still love to work on cars though... except oil changes. I hate doing oil changes.

I work as a railroad contractor now. I normally do ultrasonic testing on the steel in the tracks, but here in North Platte we have a prototype system for testing the steel train wheels. The company is based out of Lee's Summit, MO (Southeast KC area), so I'm down there fairly often. When I'm working close enough, I drive home on the weekends. Unfortunately my location changes constantly and unpredictably.

Originally Posted by KCTTC (Post 3631657)
Sorry we can't attend the event this weekend. We have been real busy trying to get cars ready for the import face-off on September 5 in KC. You guys will have to let me know how the show went. Stop up and check out the TC. I currently got the interior out to put a full cage in. (Let me know if you know anyone that wants to buy my system. Designed for the tC with 5.1 surround sound.) We decided to build the tC for SCCA STU class. Hopefully I will have it on the track by next season.
Let me know if you guys need parts, parts installed or help with installs.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Sublime Speed Technology

Good to see you jump in here! I'll take some pictures at the show to share with everyone. Sorry to hear y'all can't make it.

~Laken

bsp_tc_06 07-22-2010 03:16 PM

I haven't been on the forums lately but seen this thread. Nice to know there are others on the Omaha streets that are also on SL. I really need to take my car to the track to see how great of product Jeremy and the guys at Sublime produced. And I need to update my profile with pics and all the goodies that got dropped in it. I won't be making it to KC for the show either since I am on call for my work this week. But I would definitely like to meet up with you guys one of these days. Maybe we can all meet and raid Sublime/In Phase someday.

Un4Scene 07-22-2010 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by bsp_tc_06 (Post 3634380)
I haven't been on the forums lately but seen this thread. Nice to know there are others on the Omaha streets that are also on SL. I really need to take my car to the track to see how great of product Jeremy and the guys at Sublime produced. And I need to update my profile with pics and all the goodies that got dropped in it. I won't be making it to KC for the show either since I am on call for my work this week. But I would definitely like to meet up with you guys one of these days. Maybe we can all meet and raid Sublime/In Phase someday.

So there's at least 5 of us on here! That's more than enough to execute a raid on Sublime! Look out Jeremy, we're coming for ya!

firstkingofbeer 07-22-2010 07:46 PM

yeah we should definitely all meet up sometime. my number is 402-637-1949

KCTTC 07-22-2010 09:16 PM

Bring it. If its after hours don't forget the beer (24 Busch Light)! Chris knows what I'm talking about!

-Jeremy

Un4Scene 07-22-2010 10:47 PM

I'd love to do this next week, but I'm heading to Sacramento for work. The next time I know for sure that I'll be off is the last two weeks of September. I'm even gonna have to leave KC early on Sunday to make my flight. Y'all are probably gonna have to do this without me. :frown:

usc_ty 07-23-2010 03:31 AM

we can shoot for sometime during the last two weeks of sept. then,

i met someone at the track last week that said he saw a tC with orange wheels driving around that's interested in finding others, have any of you seen this tC around town?

bsp_tc_06 07-23-2010 01:10 PM

Orange wheels? Hmmm. Nope I havent' seen it.

Un4Scene 07-23-2010 01:12 PM

I haven't seen that one... although, a few weeks ago there was an xA trying to race me down Harrison St. I think it was grey. but it was hard to tell for sure in the dark.

Don't put this meet'n'greet off for me! If ya'll wanna do it earlier then go for it. We can always have another raid on Sublime later... after they've restocked everything. :icon_twisted:

firstkingofbeer 07-23-2010 03:29 PM

I haven't seen that tc either. My work schedule changes alot but I'm off this weekend and next weekend

bsp_tc_06 07-23-2010 05:25 PM

I might be stopping by Sublime tomorrow sometime to harass Jeremy about the Haltech EMS. I will try to update around what time and if I am for sure going to stop by in case anyone else is available to meet up there.

firstkingofbeer 07-23-2010 06:10 PM

Just let me know when and I'll meet you up there

usc_ty 07-23-2010 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Un4Scene (Post 3635422)
I haven't seen that one... although, a few weeks ago there was an xA trying to race me down Harrison St. I think it was grey. but it was hard to tell for sure in the dark.

Don't put this meet'n'greet off for me! If ya'll wanna do it earlier then go for it. We can always have another raid on Sublime later... after they've restocked everything. :icon_twisted:

Hmm...that's crazy... I have a blue xA but I would never race anyone on public roads...oh and also a 1NE-FE vs 2AZ-FE? Yeah...I don't think so...that guy must have been high on crack....I dynoed my xA when it was stock and it made 80 HP at the wheels...:money: