Notices
Regional - Plains IA, KS, MO, NE

What are youuuu doing?

Old 04-29-2013, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool What are youuuu doing?

The wife and I had a pretty productive day today. I wired up some car audio stuff in my B and she rewired all of lighting on her B cleaning up the spaghetti mess her ex had created. I'm pretty proud of her that she was able to do all the work on her own from a simple and crude wiring schematic I drew out. It was great to see her gloat when she turned on the switch's and everything worked beautifully. We even thought one of her cathodes was bad, nope, it was just bad wiring this whole time.

Shot of her xB with the cathodes and halo's that she rewired today:
Old 05-06-2013, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member

Looks pretty dope. What kind of lights did you use? Mind posting some daytime pics of the cars?
Old 05-06-2013, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks. They're cold cathodes from Oznium. http://www.oznium.com/cathodes
Used 3 4" and 1 12" under her hood. She's had them for a few years actually. Only thing you need to do is seal the tube at it's ends if you're using them where they're exposed to elements. Also want to mount them where people or debrit wont hit and crack them.

Here's a day pic of our cars:
Name:  KnKQT.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  107.4 KB
Old 05-08-2013, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member

Ah! Nice! Any pics with a side profile? The wheels on the 1st gen look amazing. I wanted one so bad, but it was tough finding one i wanted with a stick and mileage criteria. So I wound up with an 08 RS5 w/ under 50k. Now the dilemma is finding wheels that are tasteful on a gold car. Have you been messing with these a while?
Old 05-09-2013, 07:06 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I originally wanted a 1st gen too but at the time the resale value was close to the price of a new xB so I bought my 08. Can't really say I like one over the other as far as the fun factor. Both are fun to drive. I like the 2nd gen for the fact that they have more power and cargo space, interior is nicer, but you can't beat the exterior styling of the 1st gen.

The RS5 is pretty nice. Does yours have a sunroof? That maybe my next mod, lol! With gold I think wheels that have a polished or chrome lip and black centers look right at home on them.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's a few more shots. If you're on Facebook join our group, link is in my sig. We often travel to the KC area too.
Name:  a31596ca-b040-4b55-945f-b4a645ba8531.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  378.2 KB
Name:  Kristy2.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  62.4 KB

Old 05-11-2013, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Metalcoffin
I originally wanted a 1st gen too but at the time the resale value was close to the price of a new xB so I bought my 08. Can't really say I like one over the other as far as the fun factor. Both are fun to drive. I like the 2nd gen for the fact that they have more power and cargo space, interior is nicer, but you can't beat the exterior styling of the 1st gen.

The RS5 is pretty nice. Does yours have a sunroof? That maybe my next mod, lol! With gold I think wheels that have a polished or chrome lip and black centers look right at home on them.
Did we just become best friends? To the T, that was my exact thought process. Word for word... Yes, i have the sunroof. The original owner must have known exactly what he wanted. No dubcaps. He ordered rims instead. It's lacking a couple favorable things, but i couldn't be any more in love. Now it just comes down to time and money to make it exactly what i want. In the meantime, you and your wife/gf have amazing taste. I like your rims. What are they? And what suspension are you using? As far as her car goes: I'm hulk green with envy... No offense
Old 05-11-2013, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NuggetBox
Did we just become best friends? To the T, that was my exact thought process. Word for word... Yes, i have the sunroof. The original owner must have known exactly what he wanted. No dubcaps. He ordered rims instead. It's lacking a couple favorable things, but i couldn't be any more in love. Now it just comes down to time and money to make it exactly what i want. In the meantime, you and your wife/gf have amazing taste. I like your rims. What are they? And what suspension are you using? As far as her car goes: I'm hulk green with envy... No offense
Ha ha, great minds think alike they say and no offense taken. Thanks for the compliments. Both cars are dropped with tanabe df210's. The xb2 wheels are Axis Shine 19x8.5 +35 w/235/35 and the xb1 are Stance Mindset 16x8 +26 w/205/40 tires.

And we're married, the first picture of my car in my last post is us rolling into a car show on our wedding day. This is the back window that day. Name:  DSC_8632.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  94.1 KB With that said I guess that makes her xB mine too?

These are some wheels I was considering changing to when I goto repaint my car. I think they would look great on yours.

http://www.getyourwheels.com/view-wh...eel-chrome-lip
Old 05-12-2013, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member

19x8? Wow those fit quite well. Did you do anything else suspension wise? Those wheels are nice, but a bit too euro for my taste. It sucks that everyone has the trd wheels. I wouldnt mind snagging a set of those. Have you seen the axis klassic? I do like me some mesh wheels. My old 86 has enkei 92's on it. I still kick myself for letting those go... Anywho, congrats on the wife and xb1 acquisition. You are a lucky feller. Do you have more plans for yours.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Nope, I'm just dropped on df's, everything else is still factory. The Klassic's are nice, not sure if you can find them anymore. As for a mesh wheel I kind of like the Klutch SL1's, just wish they came bigger than a 16.

Anytime I've thought I was done with mods I come up with something else I want to do, lol! Not sure on what color yet but I'm going to repaint it within the next few years. At that point I'll have to decide if I'm keeping the lip kit or not cause if I do I'm going to smooth it in so there are no seams. Been considering air too but not for sure on that yet. I kind of like the reliability of static even though air would be fun. Oh, and a sunroof, at some point I want one! Too many mods, not enough money!
Old 05-16-2013, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member

Yes, I love those as well. If i had a first gen I would be all over those. I can't say I like the price, though. I hadn't heard of them til this year. Yet i've had XXR's and nothing but good luck. Most under a grand. Now when you did the Df's, did you have to trim up your bump stop on the stock shocks? Or did you just slap them on and do an alignment? Air is pretty cool, but I can't say I would use it on a DD. I've seen and heard horror stories. This guys bag popped in front of my house and it went full pancake on one corner. No tools you keep in your box can fix that on the go. I do like your sunroof idea. Would you go to scion or an aftermarket shop to have it done? And what did you pay for your DF's? It seems they run from 180 to 220. I had to pay bills last check. Then I have to take a road trip to Wichita on Monday. If everything goes according to plan, I'll be getting some shipped next week. Oh... Have you done the led conversion with your interior lights? If so, how did you get the map light lense out?
Old 05-17-2013, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

The bump stops are the way they were from factory. Don't remember what I paid for the springs. Seems like around $150 or so, but that was back in 2008. I installed the springs myself and was careful to mark the cam bolts and put it all back together without messing up the alignment. I did put it on an alignment rack afterwards and was still in spec...besides the rear toe being a little positive but that's typical when you lower the xb's.

For the sunroof there's a place here called AutoTrim that does great work. The actually do a lot of sunroofs for dealerships in the Saint Louis area. They repaired my wifes sunroof and redid her headliner and did a superior job I must say. They quoted me $1200 for a Webasto, it has 3 presets and some other bells to it.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member

That's good to know. I've read that some people trimmed the bumps. Hmmm... How bad is the toe? It doesn't look like there is any way to correct it either. Have you had premature or uneven tire wear at all? And wow. Those are pretty **** sunroofs. That seems a little steep, I guess if they redo the whole headliner it's not a bad deal. Have you guys done anything with your interiors yet?
Old 05-18-2013, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

It's just a tad bit positive. As long as you rotate your tires you wont have an issue. If you don't the rears will cup a bit. You can correct it if you want using shims. I never bothered because I rotate the tires and the car handles and drives fine.

Any yes, that's the cost of the sunroof, installation, and a new headliner installed with a 5 year warranty.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member

I appreciate the heads up. I will definitely get it realigned. Tires are too expensive to mess with. And an alignment is only 70 bucks. Good thing you don't have a sun roof yet. did you gets get this ridiculous weather last night? 70-80 mph straight winds, rain, and hail? I planned on crying all night in the fetal position ( I live in an apt. ).
Old 05-20-2013, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Thankfully it missed us and went north. Know how you feel though, we dont have a garage for our babies either.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats because the storm was up here bothering us... lol my area wasn't so bad but about 30 miles away and there snapped trees and power poles and golf ball hail
Old 05-23-2013, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Dang, lucky you! I was amazed of the footage I've seen from Oklahoma. Crazy how destructive some winds can be.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Looky what I found Nugget, some inspiration for you!

Old 05-30-2013, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Metalcoffin
Looky what I found Nugget, some inspiration for you!

I like. And I can't get over how good xB's look with a roof rack. What does suck about rs5 is you rarely see them. Let alone one with more than just wheels on it. Out of 2499 others, where are these things? I also like the weather guards on the windows, but I'm not sure about the reliability of them compared to the price. How long do they tend to last before they start to come off or crack?

Search this Thread