Notices
Regional - Rockies CO, MT, WY

Body/Paint Shop

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 01:57 AM

Default Body/Paint Shop

Hey guys. I'm relatively new to this forum and wanted to give a shoutout!

Mainly I'm looking for a pretty respectable paint/body shop in the Colorado Springs area near Fort Carson, but I can travel no problem too.

Today I noticed, leaving work, that on the drivers side of my car near the back of the door someone hit my car pretty good. White paint scuffs and a huge dent you can see a mile away. I've been wanting to repaint the car and get some minor body work done anyways, but now that this has happened I its almost like I have no choice now, ha ha.

The only one I know of is near Gate 4 of Fort Carson, but they seemed kind of sketchy. As if they had the mentality of screwing soldiers since they're so close to base. I'm not looking to pay out the wazoo for it, but if that's what it comes down to then that's fine.

If anyone has estimates by chance that'd be awesome!

Thanks guys.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:16 AM
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Re: Body/Paint Shop

Originally Posted by I_Love_My_Tc
Hey guys. I'm relatively new to this forum and wanted to give a shoutout!

Mainly I'm looking for a pretty respectable paint/body shop in the Colorado Springs area near Fort Carson, but I can travel no problem too.

Today I noticed, leaving work, that on the drivers side of my car near the back of the door someone hit my car pretty good. White paint scuffs and a huge dent you can see a mile away. I've been wanting to repaint the car and get some minor body work done anyways, but now that this has happened I its almost like I have no choice now, ha ha.

The only one I know of is near Gate 4 of Fort Carson, but they seemed kind of sketchy. As if they had the mentality of screwing soldiers since they're so close to base. I'm not looking to pay out the wazoo for it, but if that's what it comes down to then that's fine.

If anyone has estimates by chance that'd be awesome!

Thanks guys.
hey just saw this post, welcome to the forums....as for in the Springs area not too sure...dslroxx and I use Abra here in Thornton, they treat us fair and have done quite a bit of extra work for us on the side
Old 04-10-2009, 02:24 AM
Scinergy

Almost everyone on this forum in colorado is out of the metro area. If your near denver (if ever), i'd recommend going to Diamond or Matrix autobody. My car is being repaired there as of now. Great customer service, I've yet to see the car i'll let you know how that goes but their total professionals. They do auto body work, paint, allignment, all that jazz. Located off of Evans and Jason St. I believe.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

My personal recomendation is always going to be any of the Hanks Autobody. they do amazing work. there is 1 locaton on the i70 frontage road off kipling and i70 and there is one located on kipling and Bellview. i've seen work out of both shops and its pretty much flawless.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:30 PM
SL Member
Scinergy

I would say in the springs area your 2 best bets would either be

1.) Abra as dslroxx and wikkid said they are great and as a large corp not a issue with how they'll treat you.

2.) The body and fender shop. They have a solid reputation and quality work
Old 04-12-2009, 07:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Syldrin
My personal recomendation is always going to be any of the Hanks Autobody. they do amazing work. there is 1 locaton on the i70 frontage road off kipling and i70 and there is one located on kipling and Bellview. i've seen work out of both shops and its pretty much flawless.
I wouldn't take my car back to Hanks autobody shop. Paint on the old tc started to look crappy after about a year.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:50 AM

Thanks for the replies guys!

Sorry I haven been in touch with this. Training been keeping me busy, lol.

Subtilr: How did everything go with that shop you mentioned?

I'll take a look at Abra and The Body and Fender Shop over this weekend for quotes. Sounds like they're pretty good too.

I really appreciate it guys. And sorry for the late response ;)