Regional - Rockies CO, MT, WY

MOVING TO LARAMIE

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default MOVING TO LARAMIE

ok so I have decided to go to school at wyotech. My brother graduates from high school in a few days and he is going to wyotech also. Our start date is september 28, We are going to drive down their in a few weeks to check out. I have heard a lot of people say it is boring in wyoming but how about in Laramie ? It is a college town aint it ? I dont know what we are going to do for housing yet but that is why we are going to check it out. I dont know if I will be bringing the scion either. I want to but how it sits right now by the time i finish it it will be time for me to move. I dont know were I would store it for winter either. Any one near Laramie ? and I am going to need a tune when I bring my car up after the holidays more likely so any good tuners around ?
Old 06-02-2009, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

Well, welcome to the Rockies Region of the boards, and to Wyoming (when you come out).
Unfortunately you won't find very many people in here from the Wyoming area. Most everyone posting in here is from the Denver, Colorado area.
The winters in Wyoming CAN be brutal. I would NOT suggest keeping your tC out here without a safe storage place for days that it can't be driven. However, during the rest of the year, weather is pretty mild and just mostly windy in Wyoming.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im from wyoming. casper area. I'm the only one in casper area that has a modded xb. my body kit will be in in about 2 weeks. email me if you plan on coming threw casper.

J.

neonhighline96@hotmail.com
Old 06-10-2009, 03:30 AM
SL Member

A. It would be better to not waste your money on that ____ty school.
B. Laramie is a ____ hole. People think its cool to hang out at walmart.
C. All housing is crap. The nicest houses in Laramie are the slums pretty much anywere in CO lol.
D. Weather is rarely nice. Either too windy to be comfortable or too cold.. or just a constant combination of the two.
E. I live in Fort Collins witch is bout 45 mins from Laramie. Best bet is to go to FTC if you are looking to be stupid and drunk on the weekends.
D..... wait. D is before E isnt it. Oh well. Theres a local import shot PFI that does alot of work on imports, they have a dyno and they tune so hit um up. Otherwise I dont think there was anything with a dyno in the lower half of WY.

And yes, before anyone goes flapping their gums. I lived their for a year and a quarter attending that ____ tech school called wyotech. Your rep deffinetly talks the place up like crazy and its a slum compared to what you precieve it as. Allthough it seems to slowly become nicer but still. Its a waste of 30+K

GOOD LUCK! and hit me up if you end up coming around.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree 100% with you ^^^^ id love to move to colorado. but with the econime (sp) the way it is, there is no way i could find a job there.

J.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i guess it goes both ways, I have friends that are making 100k plus and went to that school, they loved it and loved the experience. I am going with my younger brother that just graduated high school. I am looking to make the most of it.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:59 AM
SL Member

well good luck man. If you dont have pierceings and you like to be the _____ then that place is A+. Money to me isnt everything so sucking up for a year so i can make money working at a place that treats me gaytarded isnt what I like.

I learned alot and dont see my self ever working under anyone in a custom shop especially cause people are stuck in their ways. Since you are from washington you will have way more opportunities than I do here in CO. This place is stupid for anything cool to sum it up.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Laramie is what you make of it. Shure its cold as hell and windy enough to blow cars up hill. But if you spend your time skiing and mountain biking and kite bording you will find the trails quite uncrowded.

Dont worry about the tune. The school your headed to has state of the art tuning facilities. Youll find plenty of ricers there to get you strait.

When it comes to finding housing and girls dont mention wyotech or tuner cars. The townies and the UW students have an attitude towards tech students. Your better off claiming to be a UW student or a cowboy. Look into the housing at the end of N 18th street. When I was in Laramie it was brand new with new facilities and they rent to a mix of students form UW and Wyotech.

Explore the area while you are there. Some rare and beautiful things are there if you know what you are looking at. And check out the overhaullin episode they did at wyotech. Good luck to ya
Old 08-06-2009, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I went to wyotech, Laramie is definitly a blast if you love to snowboard. Snowy range is amazin and is not that far away. If you like to party, I would definitly recomend to go to denver, lol its only 2 hours away. Every party in laramie is a sausage fest haha. There is a blood feud between tech-ers and UW students, but luckily if you ever have to fight one, they are pussies. hahaha. Im thinkin about going back for a free refresher course ;-) (i make over 100k thanks to wyotech )

Last edited by XB_BOY_2005; 08-06-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so I just returned back home from my trip to texas and I stopped by Laramie on the way back. I was originally going to take auto tech but I changed my classes so now I will be taking diesel. The town was not bad but it has me thinking bout selling my turbo set up and my old quad ( 03 660 ) for a new 09 yfz450 r. the town was not that bad it was def small. The guide said there was 27 lakes in the area so I shouldnt have a problem being bored there.