Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Regional - Rockies (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-rockies-1627/)
-   -   Off Topic RMSC (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-rockies-1627/off-topic-rmsc-217540/)

xB_Toaster 09-01-2012 08:37 PM

Off Topic RMSC

This is for us to discuss things not related to meets and events. If you have questions unrelated to an event or anything you guys feel like sharing post it here. I feel like this will keep everything more organized and help new members find dates and events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKSnowman 09-01-2012 09:35 PM

So still looking to see if anyone knows a decent place to get a system. I'm looking to do a single Rockford Fosgate 15" T1 and an amp capable of 1000rms that won't crap out on me. Also if anyone here knows more about hooking up a sub/amp and running the wires I will provide beer and possibly some $$ for the help. Thanks!

Shadezz 09-01-2012 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by AKSnowman (Post 4051487)
So still looking to see if anyone knows a decent place to get a system. I'm looking to do a single Rockford Fosgate 15" T1 and an amp capable of 1000rms that won't crap out on me. Also if anyone here knows more about hooking up a sub/amp and running the wires I will provide beer and possibly some $$ for the help. Thanks!

I can do it all for ya....and Alpine has the right amp for ya....and wont crap out or overheat....

xB_Toaster 09-01-2012 11:13 PM

I'm pretty sure most of us can hook up a system. They make everything so simple now a days.
As far as Amps go alpine is probable the best/ safest bet. I'm running a boss amp and it's a decent amp but it's really hard to tune and then every time you hook something new into a different channel you have to retune it...

jandones09 09-02-2012 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by AKSnowman (Post 4051487)

Damn!!! I just sold my system, 2 memphis twelve inch subs with a 2200 watt Brutus hiphonics amp. Was loud as F*CK.

AKSnowman 09-02-2012 03:55 AM

It will prob be mid October when I'm looking to hook it up. Going to be buying a piece at a time.

jandones09 09-02-2012 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by AKSnowman (Post 4051552)
It will prob be mid October when I'm looking to hook it up. Going to be buying a piece at a time.

When we have the meet on the 16th, i will tell you about a place i know on 58th I believe. Also look on www.crutchfield.com there is some good stuff there. The place on 58th you can get some quality ____ for cheap, its like some random warehouse that sells a lot of electronics.

xB_Toaster 09-02-2012 06:47 AM

Not gonna lie this ^ sounds sketch...like "Hey man come see what I got in my shop... Ill give you a killer deal" lol

Hayes 09-02-2012 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by jandones09 (Post 4051563)
When we have the meet on the 16th, i will tell you about a place i know on 58th I believe. Also look on www.crutchfield.com there is some good stuff there. The place on 58th you can get some quality ____ for cheap, its like some random warehouse that sells a lot of electronics.

Originally Posted by xB_Toaster (Post 4051575)
Not gonna lie this ^ sounds sketch...like "Hey man come see what I got in my shop... Ill give you a killer deal" lol

I know a gun shop like that. It feels like you are walking into a black market deal. :gun:

xB_Toaster 09-02-2012 10:06 PM

Haha yeah theres a guy I work with who runs a side business out of his van... Sketchy as ****

09TC5M 09-02-2012 10:18 PM

Yeah every once in a while I go in to a stop like that, I just turn around and walk out.

I agree with xB_Toaster, most of us on here could help you install/set-up a system. Now that I'm getting up there in age, I find that the stock sub in both my Volvo and tC are sufficient for my needs. I'm sure you'll get all the help you need from others here. One bit of advice I can give is that crutchfield's prices are just acceptable in most cases, usually I have found that amazon.com will yield better prices. Always do your research though, any retailer might run a blowout sale on the parts you want, and you'd never know without looking around.