Notices
Scion FR-S Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

//Dezod// Dual outlet FR-S/BRZ Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Default //Dezod// Dual outlet FR-S/BRZ Exhaust

That's right! Keep true to our game and name to fame, we are embracing the FR-S/BRZ platform with the introduction of the first of many parts to come for it. We are pleased to announce our 2.5" stainless steel exhaust. Equipped with a large common muffler with twin outlets and a some flossy tips, this exhaust is awesome. Truly one of the nicest out there. We will be offering it at a discount for pre-order AND offer a mil spec and polished pipe option too.

Photos:

More info:
http://www.dezod.com/pd-dezod-motors...r-s-brz-13.cfm
Old 02-10-2014, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got mine! Love it. I threw together and install/review video

And also a sound sample video

Old 10-17-2014, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wrote up a quick longterm-use review to go with my vids:

It's a bittersweet thing just how many aftermarket options are available to us 86 drivers; the amount of choices can get overwhelming. Before choosing my exhaust system, I shopped around extensively, listening to sound samples, reading reviews, and examining the different designs for the many different exhaust options available. I've now had Dezod's cat-back exhaust system on my 2013 Scion FR-S for over 8 months, I can say I am 100% happy with my purchase.
I chose Dezod's system for several reasons. The system design seemed spot on. The layout is very symmetrical and seemed to take a much simpler and more direct approach than other systems. The amount of bends is reduced significantly.
Out of the box, I was immediately impressed. The quality actually exceeded my expectations from looking at pictures. Clean bends, solid welds, beefy hangers and thick flanges. Sold. Installation was straightforward; I had no problem accomplishing the job in my garage with basic tools and jack stands. Fit was exact. All the components lined up well. The front end of the mid-pipe accepted the stock donut gasket perfectly and new high quality gaskets included with the system sealed up the rear joints. At the bumper, the cut-outs that once looked cavernous and empty were now filled out perfectly, finally looking intentional and purposeful. From a low angle, the twin mufflers just peek out from behind the diffuser. The split lines up perfectly with the tip of the rear fog lamp adding a subtle symmetrical accent feature. Quality, fit, and appearance were all good... and sound? Check. The car finally sounds the way it should. Zero rasp, zero drone not too loud, and a deep tone. Especially when you lay into the throttle. It honestly doesn't sound "aftermarket" at all. It sounds like a factory performance car. This also means there's plenty of room to grow. Go ahead and add cat-less headers if the noise won't bother you, but stand-alone the exhaust note is refined and tasteful.
I've put over 5000 daily driven miles on this exhaust. It's seen a frigid and salty winter and long heated runs in the summer. It's holding up quite nicely; the finish is still rust free. On the few long drives I've had, I never felt annoyed by the sound. Again, no drone. I get compliments on the system all the time. It's still one of my favorite additions to my FR-S. If you have any questions about the system, just give the guys at Dezod a call. Their customer service is excellent.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Thanks for the long term feedback!