Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion FR-S Owner's Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-fr-s-owners-lounge-1844/)
-   -   GReddy Racing FR-S Formula Drift Build & updates (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-fr-s-owners-lounge-1844/greddy-racing-fr-s-formula-drift-build-updates-211376/)

GReddy_Staff 04-03-2012 04:49 AM

3 more days till the season kicks off! Can't believe how time flies. So who's gonna be in Long Beach to see the car in action? For those who can't make it, here's a little teaser of what to expect when Formula Drift visits a city near you.

World premiere action footage of the Formula D spec Scion Racing GReddy FR-S, enjoy!

rhythmnsmoke 04-03-2012 04:16 PM

Saw the Super Street footage and interview of Gushi. Very nice. Car sounds sick, can't wait till this weekend. I just hope they are running live Feed for us who can't be at the event.

GReddy_Staff 04-05-2012 05:40 AM

So we've shared pictures of early stages of the build, now get to see it in video with commentary from GReddy's President Kenji and Gushi himself. You guys get to see what happened over the course of 6 months all in a little over 4 minutes. Pretty cool to see the progress and transformation.

GReddy_Staff 04-05-2012 05:42 AM

Here's another short clip from our Scion Racing practice day last week. We're all set and ready for Long Beach!

GReddy_Staff 04-06-2012 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke (Post 3996109)
Saw the Super Street footage and interview of Gushi. Very nice. Car sounds sick, can't wait till this weekend. I just hope they are running live Feed for us who can't be at the event.

In regards to live stream, they will be offering it again this year. Check out the press release here.

Long Beach coverage will start Friday 10am pst Formula D Livestream

GReddy_Staff 04-06-2012 06:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello All! Today we checked in to the venue at Long Beach and got situated as we prepare for our first Formula D competition. We couldn't have asked for a better place to debut the car than to do it in our own back yard. It's always a pleasure to come out to Long Beach during the grand prix month as the atmosphere is always great. Seems like the weather will live up to SoCal reputation and will be nice and sunny throughout the weekend. The car is prepped as best it can be and now it's up to Ken to do the rest. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

We had a little photo op today so we took advantage of the time and great weather!

Attachment 42050
A nice static shot of the Scion Racing GReddy FRS on the newly paved asphalt. Drivers have been commenting on how much grip the track has this year. It's going to be interesting how all the cars will handle this.

Attachment 42051
It's gonna be a new year for Ken. New team, new car, new suit, etc. It will be a new beginning to his career to showcase his talents. Hopefully all this will yield podium finishes.

Attachment 42052
Ken about to throw down with fellow competitor Joon Maeng! However, in a series dominated by V8's these two have something in common. Any guesses anyone?

So tomorrow is qualifying and you can bet we'll be in the show for Saturday's main event! All this hard work will be paying off!

rhythmnsmoke 04-06-2012 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by GReddy_Staff (Post 3997631)
In regards to live stream, they will be offering it again this year. Check out the press release here.

Long Beach coverage will start Friday 10am pst Formula D Livestream

I am all over it.

rhythmnsmoke 04-08-2012 01:26 PM

Making the Great 8 on a brand new car I would have to say was a job well done. I will be at Road Atlanta event instead of streaming and can't wait to see this car in person. I talk with Gushi on FB all the time, great job guys. I smell a podium this season.

GReddy_Staff 04-08-2012 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Our first event is in the bag and we never imagined going as far as Top 8 in our debut! The car was great and Ken was getting more comfortable with the FR-S. Unfortunately Ken was sick on Saturday but like a professional he still performed awesome! He was slightly disappointed when he spun against Dai but the smokescreen from the V8 machine was blinding. He very optimistic that we could have advanced another round if it wasn't for those slight mistakes. This year is looking very promising and a podium is definitely within our reach. With great chemistry among team and driver, the 2012 Formula D season is off to great start!

we'll have more pictures for you soon

Attachment 41882

GReddy_Staff 04-08-2012 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke (Post 3998862)
Making the Great 8 on a brand new car I would have to say was a job well done. I will be at Road Atlanta event instead of streaming and can't wait to see this car in person. I talk with Gushi on FB all the time, great job guys. I smell a podium this season.

Thank you! We've worked non stop on this car so it is very well prepped. It will only get better as the season progresses. We'll see you in Road Atlanta next month.

j3st3r 04-08-2012 09:37 PM

Have to say pretty damn impressed with what you guys achieved at Long Beach....brand new platform and you guys did great!! Can't wait to see next event. 3 generations of Scions in Formula D...who would have thought!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syldrin 04-11-2012 05:16 PM

i ask myself why did i not go to this and watch the awesomeness. btw greddy he scuffed the car i am mad at ya'll.

GReddy_Staff 04-12-2012 11:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Syldrin - Long Beach was a sell out crowd and overall great event for everyone. We're happy with our debut performance and it's only going to get better. Unfortunately the car did get a little scuffed up so you can get mad at Ken for that one, lol. The car was rebuilt yesterday and will be displayed this weekend at Long Beach again during the Grand Prix. You can check it out in the Lifestyle Expo inside the arena.

Attachment 41742
The old cage got bent pretty good so here's the new rear cage that was fabricated in less than 2 days!

Attachment 41743
We've added a nice aesthetic look to the fenders. Take a look at the picture below for the close up on the bolts.

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/p...ballerbolt.jpg
Courtesy of Baller Bolts. Thanks Chris!

Attachment 41744
A close up of the battle scars from Long Beach. Surprised it didn't do more damage or tear it in half

Once the car comes back from Long Beach, our guys will go over the car again to make sure it is prepped for Atlanta. See you guys there!

Syldrin 04-13-2012 02:05 AM

How did Ken do?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

rhythmnsmoke 04-13-2012 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Syldrin (Post 4001109)
How did Ken do?

You know they broadcast the events live over the web right? Gushi finished in the Great 8.

Syldrin 04-13-2012 04:24 AM

No I didn't trav. Where would I watch it?

rhythmnsmoke 04-13-2012 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Syldrin (Post 4001184)

Formuladrift.com

Then go to the link up top to the right "LIVE".

You can find the battles on Youtube as well.

rhythmnsmoke 04-17-2012 03:03 AM

Found Ken's on-board video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6E-8Xpek_dg

crush02342002 04-18-2012 12:45 AM

drooling like homer for a doughnut!

Syldrin 04-18-2012 01:46 AM

Trav did you see the 86 with the isf motor?

GReddy_Staff 04-18-2012 06:33 AM

Ken made it to the Top 8 and then was eliminated by Dai Yoshihara. He currently sits 9th in the championship after qualifying points are taken into factor.

Here's an in car footage from one of his practice runs.

GReddy_Staff 04-18-2012 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Syldrin (Post 4001184)

I've found all his runs from the live stream broadcast so you can check it out.

Ken Gushi Round 1 Qualifying run, 84.5 pts - www.justin.tv/driftstream/b/314265429

Top 32 - Ken Gushi vs Jeremy Lowe - www.justin.tv/driftstream/b/314276378

Top 16 - Ken Gushi vs Odi Bakchis - www.justin.tv/driftstream/b/314282785

Great 8 - Ken Gushi vs Dai Yoshihara Part 1 - www.justin.tv/driftstream/b/314283876
Great 8 - Ken Gushi vs Dai Yoshihara Part 2 - www.justin.tv/driftstream/b/314283918

GReddy_Staff 05-09-2012 01:40 AM

Who's planning on coming out to Formula D Atlanta? If you are, don't be shy and stop by our trailer in the paddock. Mean while, episode 1 from this seasons Driven to Drift is about to drop soon.

rhythmnsmoke 05-09-2012 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by GReddy_Staff (Post 4012535)
Who's planning on coming out to Formula D Atlanta? If you are, don't be shy and stop by our trailer in the paddock. Mean while, episode 1 from this seasons Driven to Drift is about to drop soon.

I will be. I'm friends with Ken on Facebook, and chat with him from time to time. So definitely have to stop by and see the new ride in person. I think I'll shoot him a line on FB right now.

PS...this will be the first time I see an FR-S in person.

rhythmnsmoke 05-18-2012 01:49 AM

Went to Formula D Rd.2 last weekend and got to see the car up close and personal. Made new friends at GReddy :). Thanks Brian for letting me get up close with the beautiful machine you guys built at GReddy. Tell Quincy I said what's up!

GReddy_Staff 05-24-2012 12:43 AM

3 Attachment(s)
What's up Travis! Thanks for coming out and showing your support. It was nice meeting you and talking cars. Hope you enjoyed the mini tour as well. It was unfortunate Ken got knocked out early by Justin Pawlak who eventually went on to take the victory. We'll be departing for RD.3 FL next week to put on another show. See you guys there!

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/p...tos/ATLpit.jpg
Attachment 38475
Attachment 38476
Attachment 38477

dhooks90 05-25-2012 03:16 AM

this is so beautiful....

:bow:

Originally Posted by GReddy_Staff (Post 3968518)
Make sure you "Like" GReddy Racing Facebook if you haven't already. This page will contain more motorsport related content compared to GReddy Performance Product Facebook which is more product related. Thanks for the support!

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/p...tos/tCxFRS.jpg

TheQuietThings 05-25-2012 04:09 PM

FRS looks like a toy compared to that tC! WOW

rhythmnsmoke 05-27-2012 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by GReddy_Staff (Post 4018357)
What's up Travis! Thanks for coming out and showing your support. It was nice meeting you and talking cars. Hope you enjoyed the mini tour as well.

Thanks man. Great meeting you guys. Hope we will get to meet up again. Maybe I can visit Cali some day :). I will be streaming live during the next rounds, can't wait!

GReddy_Staff 06-20-2012 06:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The crew is heading out to NJ today for Saturday's competition for RD.4 at Wall Speedway. If you're planning on attending, swing by our paddock to pick up a complimentary "Gushi 21" decal. Don't forget to check out this weekends #Greddyraceoffer on www.Shopgreddy.com. We'll be raffling off a crew Jersey signed by Ken.

#GReddyRaceOffer

Attachment 37169

Here's Season 4 episode 2 of "Driven to Drift" to get you hyped up for Saturday's actions.

rhythmnsmoke 06-20-2012 07:26 PM

You can send me a Gushi 21 in the mail Brian :)

Oh, didn't post here, but did on Ken's facebook page. He was robbed the last round at PB. There shouldn't have even been a 1 More Time when Kenneth straightened out and lost drift on his chase run to Ken.

rhythmnsmoke 06-22-2012 03:27 PM

Streaming Live. Also, I got the Super Street Mag in the mail with the GReddy FR-S on the cover, congrats guys.

GReddy_Staff 06-25-2012 11:38 PM

Thanks Travis! The cover of Super Street turned out good and we're all excited! Didn't you get a few of the Gushi decals in ATL?

GReddy_Staff 06-26-2012 01:33 AM

12 Attachment(s)
So the crew is back from RD.4 that took place at Wall Stadium Speedway in NJ over the weekend. Here's a recap of what went on the past few days.

While preparing the car for practice, we had a little opportunity to meet with some of the fans.
Attachment 36917
The FR-S RC body is not out in the states yet but this fan had a friend in Japan ship one over and decided to dedicate the livery in honor of our drift car!

Attachment 36918
While the crew finished prepping the car, Ken was attending the driver's meeting to go over this weekends criteria. It also gave an opportunity to go over what the judges are looking for and expecting from the drivers.

Attachment 36919
Here's the car staged in the hot pit area waiting to get a couple practice runs in. Notice the gray clouds up in the sky.

Attachment 36920
Ken practicing against fellow Scion Racing teammate Fredrick Aasbo.

Attachment 36921
We were able to dial in the car quickly and Ken was killing it during practice. I'm not too sure how accurate the proximity sensors are but apparently they are positioned 1 foot from the clipping cone and any car that comes within the zone will light off the sign. Notice how close he is and the lights are off. You be the judge.

Attachment 36922
As we were waiting to go out for our qualifying run, the weather started to take a turn for the worse. It started to rain lightly but we were unfortunate as the heavy rain came down just as Ken was about to go out. We didn't have time to change the car to a wet set up as the track was super slick. Ken described it as driving on ice. He tapped the guard rail slightly however he still managed to finish his run for a score of 60.5.

Attachment 36923
Hard to tell in this picture but it's raining pretty hard. Notice how there is zero tire smoke due to the surface being so wet. We were more fortunate our 2nd round of qualifying as the track dried off and the Goosh managed a score of 86, good enough to qualify 9th.

Attachment 36924
For the Top 32 bracket, we went up against Pat Mordaunt in the Apex'i Lexus SC430. Ken had good lead run gaining the advantage putting the pressure on Pat. During his follow run, he pushed hard and forced Pat to make a mistake coming off the bank allowing Ken to move on to Top 16.

Attachment 36925
The Top 16 opening ceremony driver's parade

Attachment 36926
Ken and his good luck charm!

Attachment 36927
The Top 16 bracket put us against fellow Hankook Tire teammate Conrad Grunewald. On the first run Ken was chasing and did an awesome job. We definitely looked like we were moving on to the Great 8.

Attachment 36928
However things went south real quick. Ken was leading on the second run and looked great all along the bank until it was time to make the transition coming off the bank. He misjudged the entry which eventually end our day and high hopes for a podium.

Overall, it was still a great event as we learned a few things about the car to apply for future development. The car is heading back home so we can start preparing for RD.5 Seattle. But before we head up to Pacific Northwest, we're going to "Race to the Clouds" as we take our Time Attack Scion TC to the 90th Pikes Peak Hill Climb competition!

GenomeTuning 06-26-2012 01:42 AM

What an excellent day-in-the-life story. Now don't you go running around bumping it into wall and things :) keep us updated!

rhythmnsmoke 06-26-2012 06:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by GReddy_Staff (Post 4030808)
Thanks Travis! The cover of Super Street turned out good and we're all excited! Didn't you get a few of the Gushi decals in ATL?

I think I might have grabbed one now that I remember it.

I want that FR-S RC body!

So, as I was watchin live stream, I knew he would take Pat Mordaunt. Then Conrad was after. After the Follow run, I knew Ken was up as he was WAY higher on the bank as he had been all day. Figured that gave him an advantage there. Then the lead run the spin! AAAAHHHH!!! I could punch my computer at that point, cause it was in the bag so I thought.

I mean, look at that....there is no comparison! Conrad with No Angle and a Car length off the rail...

Attachment 36901

rhythmnsmoke 06-26-2012 06:24 PM

Aside from that, this even TOTALLY disappointed me. The judging was absolutely absurd. The politics I see, have invaded FD judging and it's rather disheartening for a privateer such as myself to ever want to turn pro.

GReddy_Staff 06-26-2012 09:45 PM

We know what you mean Travis, Ken was looking good all day and we believe he had the advantage going up against Conrad. Unfortunately mistakes happen to the best of us when you're pushing hard.

rhythmnsmoke 06-27-2012 03:40 PM

Ok, just tell him Travis said make it consistent :) Consistently give those V8's Hell.

jetblast 07-02-2012 01:34 AM

Soooo cool you taking the time to keep this update flowing. If ya make t-shirts outta that decal, I bet just a few would sell.