10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is this legit? Cause i smell scam lol
Old 01-10-2012, 10:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No it's real: Scion posted it on their FB page.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats cool. I got the "just give us your name and ssn and well get you registered" kinda vibe at first
Old 01-10-2012, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member

I'm sure those 20k spots will go quick.

car detailing 93401

auto detail san luis obispo
car detailing in san luis obispo
auto detailing arroyo grande
atascadero auto detailing
San Luis Obispo auto detail
auto detailing san luis obispo
san luis obispo car detailing
93401 auto detailing
car detail 93401

http://www.sloresource.com/item.php?...+Spa&list=3532

http://www.manta.com/c/mvtj3jr/

http://www.sloresource.com/item.php?list=3532

http://www.local.com/business/detail...spa-115796545/

http://www.superpages.com/bp/San-Lui...2351156387.htm

http://www.facebook.com/CentralCoastAutoSpa

Last edited by jerro; 09-09-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Erager09
Thats cool. I got the "just give us your name and ssn and well get you registered" kinda vibe at first

Really???? SSN? So they can run your credit report first to see if you can really get financed???

Can they really do that??

Theres gotta be rule: must finance with TFS.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

if you go to the site they aren't even asking for all of that. lol

your basically entering a raffle to be one of 86 people who get to go to a dealership and buy an FR-S before anyone else. you can either manage financing yourself or get it through the dealership, it is exactly like you would do normally with buying a car.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didnt mean to confuse ANYONE. I think this is awesome... But i saw the post shortly after it came up and it was just kinda random... 8hrs 6 mins, ft-86, set # of cars etc. I in no way wanted to impair their promotion lol. The whole ssn thing came from the fact i run into scams all the time with ppl trying to scam ppl for their name and ssn...

Personally i love my 09 tc1 so im not interested but i just thought it was odd.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

that is nothing compared to the guy who is trying to get people to boycott entering this little contest because he thinks that the more people that try, the higher toyota is going to price the car, and that by people not entering, the price will be lower.

IMO

Old 01-12-2012, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by XPRESSCION
Really???? SSN? So they can run your credit report first to see if you can really get financed???

Can they really do that??

Theres gotta be rule: must finance with TFS.
Not really. He said it was a "vibe" he got...as in the feeling that it was a scam that was going to be followed up with the request for his SSN.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ill be signing up tomorrow. Still would love to know the MSRP however.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by torqueTc
Ill be signing up tomorrow. Still would love to know the MSRP however.
if you got to ask, then you can't afford it.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ESEMRFOZZ13
if you got to ask, then you can't afford it.
Hey buddy, FYI I can def afford it. I can guarantee I have more money + vehicles than you do. So dont go "raising eyebrows" at me. Infact, I wont be financing the car. I just want to know what the exact MSRP is. What the hell is wrong with that? I am sure its going to be $23,700 ish. Just would like to know a firm number, that way I can figure out if I am selling just one, or two of my 4 newer vehicles.

I highly doubt "you" can afford it. If you buy one, your probably a sucker that has to finance it. lol at you. All my vehicles were paid in full, cash. I am not one of these idiots that goes and mods a car with 20k worth of stuff, who, is still making payments on it - like a lot of people on here. I dont pay car payments/interest.

Since when does asking a question determine if someone can afford something?????????????????????????????? Are you stupid, or just what is the disconnect in your little brain? I'd bet everything I own, one of these ends up in my garage, WELL before you get one.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member

SHAZAMM!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

torque, don't bash me but both my Scions are financed and modded I don't see any harm in you asking or wondering what the final MSRP is gonna be...Seems like a logical question...
Old 01-16-2012, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by YELOSUB
torque, don't bash me but both my Scions are financed and modded I don't see any harm in you asking or wondering what the final MSRP is gonna be...Seems like a logical question...

Its all good bro My comments might of been posted out of frustration, that someone would *think* I could not afford a car, when the fact of the matter is, if I had one more vehicle, I could take a different one to work, every day of the week. Not a lot of people get the luxury of saying that, and they are all nice vehicles - not one "beater" in the bunch.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Hey buddy, FYI I can def afford it. I can guarantee I have more money + vehicles than you do. So dont go "raising eyebrows" at me. Infact, I wont be financing the car. I just want to know what the exact MSRP is. What the hell is wrong with that? I am sure its going to be $23,700 ish. Just would like to know a firm number, that way I can figure out if I am selling just one, or two of my 4 newer vehicles.

I highly doubt "you" can afford it. If you buy one, your probably a sucker that has to finance it. lol at you. All my vehicles were paid in full, cash. I am not one of these idiots that goes and mods a car with 20k worth of stuff, who, is still making payments on it - like a lot of people on here. I dont pay car payments/interest.

Since when does asking a question determine if someone can afford something?????????????????????????????? Are you stupid, or just what is the disconnect in your little brain? I'd bet everything I own, one of these ends up in my garage, WELL before you get one.
Lighten up Francis. It's a figure of speech the guy used to respond to you.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I heard that joke before too, i guess maybe a and not a could have been used to make that distinction, lol

I know i would like to know the MSRP too, because if it is too close to 30k then I will definitely go ahead and spend more to get an ss camaro.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would def like to know the MSRP on the FR-S as well. Yes, I can afford it and pay for it in cash like him too. Knowing the price of something is out of general curiosity and planning/budgeting the right amount of cash. No more raising eyebrows at people.

I went to a dealership and asked how much the car was that they were selling it for (I knew a price, but I'd like a better price price was for a Kia Forte Koupe). The salesman had enough nerve to tell me that if I had to ask I couldn't afford it. I left and went to Toyota and bought me the 2011 Scion tC in cash. The salesman lost out on a sale and commission for just saying something. (It looked at the Kia months before the tC2 was released as a demo, kinda glad though that the salesman opened his mouth. The tC2 was worth it.)
Old 01-19-2012, 12:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ryan5x
I went to a dealership and asked how much the car was that they were selling it for (I knew a price, but I'd like a better price price was for a Kia Forte Koupe). The salesman had enough nerve to tell me that if I had to ask I couldn't afford it. I left and went to Toyota and bought me the 2011 Scion tC in cash. The salesman lost out on a sale and commission for just saying something. (It looked at the Kia months before the tC2 was released as a demo, kinda glad though that the salesman opened his mouth. The tC2 was worth it.)
Reminds me of a story I heard from somewhere I can't remember where. A long wild hair man walks around a dealership in Phoenix. Everyone didn't take him seriously since he wasn't dressed properly: holes in his pants. But the guy who said this story; was a friend who was the salesman who walked to this wild haired guy. It happened to be Alice Cooper and of course he end up buy few....

Back to frs-this is what I have heard on Monday; from a Toyota Carmax location sales manager. She said $22k, will run on 93 octane (which I think we knew already.) Thats all I remember...she told me iQ info also so it's mixing me up. But I'm 100% sure on the price.

Quick Reply: January 12th 2012 ore order scion Frs 8hr 6 min only