Notices
Scion FR-S Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

AIRREX SCION FRS TOYOTA FT86 BRZ Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 05:26 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default AIRREX SCION FRS TOYOTA FT86 BRZ Kit

AirREX has been all over the Toyota FT86 Scion FRS and Subaru BRZ in Japan and has developed the first Air Suspension kit for sale on the market.

The Struts are a coil over type system so it will also perform!

We also carry Air Runner and Universal Air Suspension but FRS kits are not available yet for the FRS
Old 06-19-2012, 06:02 AM
Banned

Sure it's a great quality kit. I'm just not sure how I feel about air on the FR-S.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by trdscion
Sure it's a great quality kit. I'm just not sure how I feel about air on the FR-S.
Sadly the FRS is being sold as a Scion and as such will inevitably be fitted with air suspension, Limo tint, stretched and poked wheel/tire fitment and the VIP treatment among the many atrocities soon to be committed against it. It's why so many people who would own a Toyota wouldn't be caught dead in a Scion and why so many Scion owners remove their Scion badges.

It's probably best to spend a grand or two more for the BRZ and avoid the embarrassment...
Old 06-19-2012, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
It's probably best to spend a grand or two more for the BRZ and avoid the embarrassment...

Try 10K+

That's why everyone is getting the Scion, because they can't afford the Soob.

And I can't believe that the bagged FRS only goes that low. That looks like some B&G's with 15 threads left. Lame.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by criminaltc
Try 10K+

That's why everyone is getting the Scion, because they can't afford the Soob.

And I can't believe that the bagged FRS only goes that low. That looks like some B&G's with 15 threads left. Lame.
Where the hell is everyone getting this 5k and 10k more crap from!? :?
Subaru site says its $25,495 starting price for the BRZ and $24,930 on Scion site for the FR-S.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

yep^^ a buddy just got his brz yesterday and paid just about 26
Old 06-19-2012, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Coming soon... Lambo Doors & chrome 22's
Old 06-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Banned

Really Fred, "atrocities?" You make it sound like they are going to combine all those styles into one or something.

And by your logic, no one wants to drive a Scion. Toyota owners wouldn't drive a Scion, not true, and Scion owners remove badges because their "embarrassed?" Also not true. The reason people would debadge or rebadge the FR-S is because there is actually a Japanese counterpart in the 86. Much like the xB to the bB.

So you're saying that if it was the 86 here in the states, instead of the FR-S, no one would mod it? Look at all the aftermarket out there already. Well-fitted/stance, VIP, Air-suspension are not a new thing nor simply a fad. I mean I know people will bash or talk bad about someone who modded their car in a way they they don't like or wouldn't do themselves but that doesn't make it wrong or an "atrocity." Don't be scared.

Just my thoughts
Old 06-19-2012, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think most of us are just of the opinion that when you spend hundreds or thousands of dollars while reducing the effectiveness of what a car was designed to do for pure aesthetics, it just doesn't make sense to us.

The Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ/Toyota GT-86 are designed to be lightweight purist sports cars, and they're very well engineered for their niche, while just about every other Scion has been a stylised canvas based on an economy car for the masses. air suspension on cars like the Scion xB I don't mind one bit, they're pretty much supposed to be unique and creatively modded people carriers, but to ruin a car that handles so well as this just makes my stomach turn.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Banned

I agree that some will probably "tastelessly" mod their FR-S, including suspension etc, which kills me too. But Scion, like you said in regards to the xB, are about individuality etc. Look at all the Japanese/non-US 86/BRZ's being modded granted most of them will be more midly/performance oriented - but not all.

I just think it's comical when some bash on the current and long standing trends of car modding etc as if it's something new and no one does it or it doesn't have it's place. Not that I'm fully into all of the modding, I guess if I had the $ I might be more into it though.

different way of looking at it I guess.

I'd rather have someone stance + fit one than drive it into a wall/pole and total one like that one kid did already.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just think Fred is a perfect example of "Haters will Hate" Let them do there thing as we do ours.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haters gonna hate. I just can't stand the stupid tasteless things people do to cars.

I don't mind cosmetic mods so long as they fit the design theme of the car and don't impede its functionality, but some stuff like putting big, heavy gaudy rims on a car...ugh...
Old 06-19-2012, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by trdscion
Really Fred, "atrocities?" You make it sound like they are going to combine all those styles into one or something.

And by your logic, no one wants to drive a Scion. Toyota owners wouldn't drive a Scion, not true, and Scion owners remove badges because their "embarrassed?" Also not true. The reason people would debadge or rebadge the FR-S is because there is actually a Japanese counterpart in the 86. Much like the xB to the bB.

So you're saying that if it was the 86 here in the states, instead of the FR-S, no one would mod it? Look at all the aftermarket out there already. Well-fitted/stance, VIP, Air-suspension are not a new thing nor simply a fad. I mean I know people will bash or talk bad about someone who modded their car in a way they they don't like or wouldn't do themselves but that doesn't make it wrong or an "atrocity." Don't be scared.

Just my thoughts

How in the hell did you get all this blathering nonsense from my post? I didn't say nor imply any of what you just said I did. Why did you read so much more into what I said? In the future I'd appreciate it if you simply respond to my posts without reinterpreting and embellishing them.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Alvie
Coming soon... Lambo Doors & chrome 22's
Lambo Doors - Done
Chrome 22s - TBD

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61201863@N07/7403956810/http://www.flickr.com/photos/61201863@N07/7403956810/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/61201863@N07/, on Flickr
Old 06-19-2012, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ I feel sick...
Old 06-20-2012, 04:26 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

wow so much bashing with just one post about Air Suspension for the FRS..

This car is in Japan that the prototype was made for and this car isn't a Scion it an Toyota FT86. There is a reason people put air suspension on there cars.. and with AirREX it will also keep the performance side of the suspension.

Why should it really matter if its badged SCION TOYOTA OR SUBARU. no matter how you cut it. its all the same cars with different badges with minor cosmetic changes.

AS you can see AIRREX is the only Air suspension company that uses there products to race with with good results. So no one car really say Air suspension cant perform on the track. The link below shows all the living proof that Air Suspension can be used to perform if set up the correct way.

http://www.airsociety.net/2011/12/mi...ng-air-airrex/
Old 06-20-2012, 05:08 AM
Banned

I believe you guys, 808 has always brought good stuff to the market and been a big Scion supporter.

Some people just miss the point sometimes.

Thanks Marshall.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you know, if there werent any aftermarket parts for frs someone would be complaining that they need to have more aftermarket mods available, if they come out right away and modify suspension on a well tuned car, its an "atrocity"... i guess no matter what, someones gonna b!tch about something.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:21 PM

Props to AirREX for coming out with the first kit!
Old 06-21-2012, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Would this setup be corner balanced like a traditional adjustable coilover setup though, or just adjust air pressure at each corner?

Quick Reply: AIRREX SCION FRS TOYOTA FT86 BRZ Kit