Notices
Scion iA Discussion Lounge
Scion iA Forum - The new stylish Scion sedan

iQ A/C Drain Location

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 10:02 PM

Default iQ A/C Drain Location

My daughter's 2012 Scion iQ has water on the passenger floor. I suspect it's from a clogged A/C Condenser drain. I'm trying to locate where the drain is so that I can see if it's clogged.
Does anyone know where this is located? I'm checked all the manuals I have access to and can't find any mention of it.

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-02-2019 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Old 01-21-2019, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Peal back the front passenger carpeting at the floor hump (console.) You should see the drain hose running from behind the dash to a hole in the floorboard.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:31 PM

Did you ever find the location? I ripped my dash apart after airing it out overnight and there's no drain tube or even space for one behind the dash.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You shouldn't have to disassemble the dash to unplug the drain hose. Look at the passenger side of the floor hump at the firewall. Peel the carpet away from the passenger side of the hump. You should see a tube going through a hole in the floorboard or the lower, passenger side of the firewall.

Another way to locate the drain hose is to lift the front of the car and look underneath. If the hose is too short to be visible from looking under the car, try popping the hood and with a flashlight, peer down the space between the engine and firewall.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:20 PM

The carpet was removed. There is still the black carpet material that runs up the fire wall that can't be removed. There is no hose anywhere above, beside, or below that. Not under the center console. Not next to the left foot. Not up the middle hump. Not under the airbag. There is the main drainage plug and one above that on the firewall which are both sealed.

I'm at a loss. There is no picture, video, or diagram for this. Not in 7 years has Scion or any other tech documented this.

Hell. I have access to ShopKeyPro and there isn't a single case of this happening. There is no fix because there has never been a cause. There isn't even a diagram that includes that drainage hose.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Caspetic, here's a link regarding water in the floorboards. Sorry, didn't have a chance to read the individual posts. Hope it helps.

(Sorry I forgot to leave the link.)

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/for...-in-footwells/

Post number eight may help you out:

Thanks Craig, I replaced the filter a few months back. Took it out and it was fine. Managed to find the drain tube, it's a spout in the engine compartment roughly in the middle at the bottom of the bulkhead. Could just about see it by looking diagonally down to the left from the Battery. Tried to take a photo of it but couldnt get it to show up.

I jacked the car up on the passenger side and there was water dripping out of the spout. Thought (hoped!) jacking it up may have sorted the problem but it didn't, the water was flowing into the drivers footwell instead. Going to have to take a trip to the garage to see what they say.

I didn't have a chance to read the 4 page thread. There may be other posts that help isolate your leak, including areas not related to your AC.

Last edited by 62Fender; 08-01-2019 at 12:05 AM.