Notices
Scion iQ Owner's Lounge
2011-____ [NGJ12]

Why I'm Enjoying My iQ

Old 11-29-2012, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jessercka
Can't figure out how to quote on my iPad.

I would definitely consider all that stuff except I'm actually leasing it, so I don't know if it's a good idea to modify anything. Thanks for the info though, if I decide to buy it out I will deff give those things a thought.

I am loving it already though! I've made it a personal competition to get my gas milage to keep going up!
The Lowering Springs and Anti-Sway Bar are actually dealer options that you might be able to add into your lease. The cold air intake is another story, but IMHO, well worth the investment.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by amadcow2
The Lowering Springs and Anti-Sway Bar are actually dealer options that you might be able to add into your lease. The cold air intake is another story, but IMHO, well worth the investment.
Ahaa! Hmm I might have to look into that! Thanks again for the info!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by amadcow2
Welcome! I hope you are enjoying your iQ. If you haven't already, I would strongly request the following:

- TRD Lowering Springs
- TRD Sway Bar
- Cold Air Intake (I got an Injen, but there are others out there)

The springs and sway bar make the handeling superier to the factory configuration and the Cold Air Intake will save you about an additional 5 MPG and give you a much better performance (especially since the CVT sucks the performance out of the vehicle, the intake essentially brings it back to a level playing field).

Enjoy!! Let us know how it breaks in.
The CAI will only save you 5mpg if you drive the car economically, otherwise you will have less mpg if you do not. The CAI will not give you much better performance. The Injen CAI SP series for the 2012 IQ will only give up to 5.48 HP and 5.99 ft.lbs TQ Gain ( http://www.carid.com/2012-scion-iq-a...ke-492964.html ).

BTW the iQ is a sweet looking car and I like the deep purple colour you chose.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by DermalsNmohawks
The CAI will only save you 5mpg if you drive the car economically, otherwise you will have less mpg if you do not. The CAI will not give you much better performance. The Injen CAI SP series for the 2012 IQ will only give up to 5.48 HP and 5.99 ft.lbs TQ Gain ( http://www.carid.com/2012-scion-iq-a...ke-492964.html ).

BTW the iQ is a sweet looking car and I like the deep purple colour you chose.
Yes, but that 5mpg will push you over the 40mpg mark, which is significant.

Additionally, the 5.48HP and 5.99 ft.lbs TQ gain does ALOT to mitigate the limitations of the CVT.

That's all I'm saying here is that by adding the CAI (and the lowering springs and anti-sway bar), you bring the iQ up to a level where it is an attractive car to own. Without those three additions, I don't believe I would enjoy my iQ.

Also, thanks, I do like the color of my iQ