Scion coming to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

Default Scion coming to Canada

Couldn't find a thread on this so I'm posting it up.

Lifted from Autoblog:

It's official: Scion is headed to the land of Bob and Doug. Toyota's sub-brand will arrive in 45 dealerships in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver ten months from now, in September 2010. Scion's full model range will be offered -- xB, xD, and tC -- and dealers will present them in a "store within a store" concept, which makes it sound like passwords, burlesque, and moonshine will be involved.

To give you Canuck Scion mavens something to do for the next eleven months, there's a Canadian Scion website. It's a little barren right now, but after you take a quick survey it'll let you know things like the Scion badge was "created to symbolize non-conformity, authenticity and personal style." And then there are links to other Scion content, such as an interview with Motörhead, because what Scion owner doesn't love Lemmy? Canadians rejoice. Eh. Hat tip to Luc!
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/31/s...ext-september/

Lifted from Canadian Scion thread:

Originally Posted by p911gt10c
well I don't know what the hell to believe now. I got salesguys tellin me that Scion is in Calgary next year but there's nothing in any press release about us, just the 3 cities we've always heard about. For all I know, the salesguy got confused and thought we're getting a dealership when in fact, they'll just ship Scion models from Van to here and sell 'em on Toyota lots.

Something of a rehash of old info, but now we know what dealers in the 3 1st launch cities are getting Scions:

Canada gets Scion brand Sept. 2010

45 urban dealers

Staff, Canadian Auto Press

Published: Friday, October 30, 2009
To many Canadian car shoppers, news of Scion's availability in Canada, first announced in October of 2008, was both positive and laced with the question, what took Toyota so long? After all, in a land that predominantly purchases smaller car than the US, the only market that Toyota has sold its Scion brand into thus far, it only makes sense that Scion be made available.

During a luncheon in St. Catharines, ON yesterday, Toyota announced that its Scion brand will be available to Canadian consumers as early as September 2010, through 45 Toyota dealers in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver (see list of dealers below). Prior to launch, Scion models and concepts will be shown at major Canadian auto shows in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver, plus giveaways will help pull eyeballs toward the brand and enhance direct marketing efforts.

"This is a great time to launch Scion in Canada," commented Larry Hutchinson, Director of Scion in Canada. "As the auto industry emerges from recession, one of the largest and youngest demographics will be entering the marketplace. Young buyers will be looking to the ever-growing small car market. They are not only looking for a safe, high-quality and fuel efficient vehicle, it is important to them that the vehicle reflects their personality and lifestyle, and the stylish and trendy Scion brand will be there to fulfill that need."

Like Mercedes-Benz sells its smart brand, Scion will be integrated within current Toyota retail outlets, in what is called a "store within a store" format. A total of 45 dealers will complete the initial launch phase, including 18 in Montreal, 20 in Toronto and 7 in Vancouver. The participation stores will be upgrading their dealerships to accept the new Scion brand, of course, a serious investment in such tumultuous economic times.

"The next generation of young car buyers is carving its own unique social and cultural experiences, and Scion dealers will be part of their lifestyle," Hutchinson continued. "We are very excited to announce the 45 Scion dealers for Canada are already preparing for an edgy new car lineup and a whole new demographic of drivers."

A total of three Scion models will be available at launch, starting with the compact xD (cooler replacement to the unloved xA subcompact hatchback), the lowest priced model, followed by the xB, the box on wheels that popularized the Japanese trend in North America, and the sporty tC, a vehicle that essentially replaced the much-loved Celica in the US; we never got a replacement for the car in Canada.

Scion has succeeded in the youth market, partly due to its personalization program. The Toyota sub-brand offers various OEM wheel upgrades for all models sold, as well as customized shift ***** and sport pedals, satellite radio systems and TRD (Toyota Racing Development) performance parts.

On another note, not necessarily first and foremost on the youth-market mind but important to their parents that might be anteing up the money for purchase, every Scion gets a safety system that includes dual-stage front airbags, front seat mounted side thorax airbags, front and rear side curtain airbags, plus three-point lap and shoulder belts for all seating positions.

If you can't make it to one of the major auto shows or don't see the brand being introduced at various events throughout 2010, make sure and check out www.scionnation.ca for a closer look.

Scion Dealer List – October 29, 2009:

Montreal Dealers:
Houle Toyota
Chambly Toyota
Chomedey Toyota
Spinelli Point Claire Toyota
Brossard Toyota
Duval Toyota
Gabriel Toyota
Chateauguay Toyota
Toyota Montreal Nord
Chasse Toyota
Ste-Therese Toyota
Toyota Candiac
Vimont Toyota
Toyota St-Leonard
Longueuil Toyota
Repentigny Toyota
Toyota President
Woodland Toyota

Toronto:
Wietzes Toyota
Oakville Toyota
Don Valley North Toyota
Attrell Toyota
Scarborough Toyota
Mississauga Toyota
Markville Toyota
Northwest Toyota
Aurora Toyota
Whitby Toyota
Burlington Toyota
Yorkdale Toyota
Milton Toyota
Woodbine Toyota
Maple Toyota
Meadowvale Toyota
Brimell Toyota
Woodbridge Toyota
Toyota on Front
Erin Park Toyota

Vancouver:
OpenRoad Port Moody
Jim Pattison North Shore
Jim Pattison Surrey
Langley Toyota
OpenRoad Richmond
Valley Toyota
Jim Pattison Downtown
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...da#post3358604
Old 11-01-2009, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FRESH!
Old 11-02-2009, 12:09 AM
SL Member

Yes! Jim pattison
Old 11-02-2009, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

followed by the xB, the box on wheels that popularized the Japanese trend in North America,

They're bringing back the original xB for Canadian launch?

Hope you guys are prepared for a reversal - i.e. Americans dropping by Canadia to purchase better cars...
Old 11-02-2009, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

If Canadia gets the gen 1 I am going to go there and buy one
Old 11-02-2009, 06:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I think it would be great if some of those dealers up there in canada would ask people from the U.S.A if they would bring up there fixed up scion rides to show off to give people some idea's on what they could do to there rides once they get ready to sell them kinda like help promote the brand and I would love to take my ride up there. scion has been good to me and the people i've have meet along the way have been awsome.I be willing to take a 4000 mile trip if asked..
Old 11-02-2009, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well the more the merrier.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZOMGXB
followed by the xB, the box on wheels that popularized the Japanese trend in North America,

They're bringing back the original xB for Canadian launch?

Hope you guys are prepared for a reversal - i.e. Americans dropping by Canadia to purchase better cars...
i doubt it. most likely the newest xB's
Old 11-03-2009, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wonder how they got the tC to pass the strict Canadian 5mph impact test. That was one of the reasons you cant import a tC to Canada right?
Old 11-03-2009, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Chicken442
I think it would be great if some of those dealers up there in canada would ask people from the U.S.A if they would bring up there fixed up scion rides to show off to give people some idea's on what they could do to there rides once they get ready to sell them kinda like help promote the brand and I would love to take my ride up there. scion has been good to me and the people i've have meet along the way have been awsome.I be willing to take a 4000 mile trip if asked..
long trip but i would be tempted
Old 11-05-2009, 03:48 AM
SL Member

We have tc's in Canada, also, instead of asking american xb owners to bring theirs up, why not just ask local xb owners?
There's a lot of nice ones up here
Old 11-06-2009, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

what canada really wants

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22JIgpBVcF4
Old 11-08-2009, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt
I wonder how they got the tC to pass the strict Canadian 5mph impact test. That was one of the reasons you cant import a tC to Canada right?
I believe there are tC's that have been imported into Canada. Scion tC's are still built like regular Toyota's. All Toyota bumpers are 5mph bumper bash rated. So I don't see why it wouldn't be let into the Canada.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Chicken442
WOOOO! French Fries and Gravy, YUM!
Old 11-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

candian bacon
Old 11-08-2009, 12:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by MeatRocket
LMAO and omg its meatrocket!!! runs back to the other forums lmao j/k man but wow its about time canada gets the brand to run around in and such.. means more people to hang out with and such now.. wonders what other things they gonna do for them up there.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by vettereddie
WOOOO! French Fries and Gravy, YUM!
Correct name are Poutine Fries yo.. jk...but hells yes..Manitoba is my home territory...i would so take a trip up there to show off..haha
Old 11-23-2009, 02:54 AM
SL Member

It's crazy we are so close to Canada and they dont have certain cars we have. Also we dont have cars they have
Old 01-08-2010, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Yay for Canada. It's aboot time they got Scions Aye!

BTW, Canada got the Yaris 3dr. and 5dr. years before we did along with the Smart cars. They also get more motorcycles models.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I saw quite a few tCs in Ontario in my trips over there. My xB did turn quite a few heads though. The 1st gens are much less common.

Quick Reply: Scion coming to Canada