Scions at SEMA 2009!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by curtislo9
blahblahblahblah
Honey, I never said anything bad about the companies that are at SEMA, just the cars that are allowed to be shown outside of SEMA. Inside is what counts because that's where are the new fangled gadgets are. Any pictures I've seen from SEMA for the last few years, the cars outside just look... terrible.

As far as I am concerned, I am allowed to voice my own opinion regardless of what my status may be on this forum. If I was not a mod, I would have still written that post.

Maybe as your DD you don't have the stickers all over the car, maybe the stickers were only put on for SEMA, I don't know. If you don't rock the stickers everyday, then maybe it would look nicer in person. If you do.. Regardless, I have always said "If it makes YOU happy, that is all that counts." on these forums when talking about someone else's car.

Please note that this is my opinion and if you get butthurt... then oh well.

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
and as far as the comments.. if you got the money and connections... you can show off a completely stock car if you wanted to there.

as most people who have gone to past sema's mentioned.. there wasn't too much going on this year compared to others.. but what do i know..

Last edited by ChelsDS; 11-26-2009 at 06:30 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:04 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IB_Adrian

Old 12-02-2009, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
i think the xb2's failure to take off as a modding platform is due to the fact that it doesnt have a JDM counterpart like the xb1 does...

Toyota Corolla Rumion, the JDM xB2
Old 12-03-2009, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think the xb2's failure to take off as a modding platform is due to the fact that it doesnt have a JDM counterpart like the xb1 does...
Originally Posted by EAmon

Toyota Corolla Rumion, the JDM xB2

pwnd
Old 12-03-2009, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

lol nahh, not a pwn, just a common mistake, xA has ist, xB has bB, xD has urban Crusier/ist, tc has... nothing. The tC didnt fail because it didnt have a JDM counterpart like the rest, in fact, i think it is one of the most successful Scion has made for a modding platform.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just think that all the cars are a bit overdone, i understand thats what SEMA cars typically are, ive just never been a believer in throwing endless amount of money at a car. I could prob spend 1/5th of what those guys did on those cars and have a car that is just as (if not more) clean.

not to mention, about 99% of the people on this site probably cant afford to do any thing like that to their cars and dont have the knowledge to even do it themselves if they wanted to.

then you have to talk about legalities...just like tjin's tc. was it sick? yes was it street legal? no
^^^^ great comment.... hushed everyone and brought this threat to somewhat of a hault.
(one day, should of been longer, but hey)

So has anything changed in the 99% probably not. But thanks for the reality check.

AWESOME COMMENT AWARD for ((((YellowXHoodie))))

Last edited by PrettyniceB; 12-30-2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: finding the edit quote button
Old 01-02-2010, 10:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bad economy = Bad SEMA.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by PrettyniceB
^^^^ great comment.... hushed everyone and brought this threat to somewhat of a hault.

So has anything changed in the 99% probably not. But thanks for the reality check.

And the the Noob Dumbsh*t Useless Comment Award goes to.... YOU!!!!!!!!

Dumbass making fun of a Mod
Old 01-03-2010, 07:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by PrettyniceB

Thanks for your $.02
Old 01-10-2010, 01:11 PM

Love the truck.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:44 PM
SL Member

I am one of the builders that built blue/teal xb. Some of you guys hate and thats your opinion. This car was built for a competition (for $10,000) and it was judged on a basic car show score car. We were only given 8 weeks to build the car (I would love to see what you guys could come up with in eight weeks). I had alot more things planned for the car but ran out of time.

Also check out the new (Feb/March) PAS mag. cover and 6 page spread; not many of you here can say you have done that.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

^^:facepalm:
Old 01-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Revoluscion
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mummbles Marketing
I am one of the builders that built blue/teal xb. Some of you guys hate and thats your opinion. This car was built for a competition (for $10,000) and it was judged on a basic car show score car. We were only given 8 weeks to build the car (I would love to see what you guys could come up with in eight weeks). I had alot more things planned for the car but ran out of time.

Also check out the new (Feb/March) PAS mag. cover and 6 page spread; not many of you here can say you have done that.
i wouldn't worry much about what it's said here, i saw that xB and i LIKE IT!

but about the magazine front page and page spread alot on here actually have had the opportunity of so.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Internet Brands
SL Member

True enthusiasts appreciate all forms of auto enthusiast "expressionism", even if its not something they directly associate with.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

idk wat other ppls problem with ur car is but that is a badass xb2 and wat makes it even more badass is da fact dat its unique.

and same goes for all the other scions that were in the pics..y hve a vehicle dat looks like every1 elses when u can put hard earnd time and money into sumthin and make it ur own..isnt that wat a scion is all about..WAT MOVES YOU!

id say for all those who cant appreciate good quality custom wrk and the unique style of a builders creative mind..u shouldnt talk shyt..if u can settle for a plain stock scion how could u njoy the views of a true custom..n if u cant appreciate shyt then ur opinion dnt mean shyt.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:39 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Allen_Gross
idk wat other ppls problem with ur car is but that is a badass xb2 and wat makes it even more badass is da fact dat its unique.

and same goes for all the other scions that were in the pics..y hve a vehicle dat looks like every1 elses when u can put hard earnd time and money into sumthin and make it ur own..isnt that wat a scion is all about..WAT MOVES YOU!

id say for all those who cant appreciate good quality custom wrk and the unique style of a builders creative mind..u shouldnt talk shyt..if u can settle for a plain stock scion how could u njoy the views of a true custom..n if u cant appreciate shyt then ur opinion dnt mean shyt.
thanks man...thats exactly how i feel
Old 05-12-2010, 11:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

my wife and I actually spoke with you or someone that was with the blue xb there. We gave you alot of props and were very impressed with the xB in person. We had our xA at SEMA also, but we didnt get really any love, but dont really care. I was a week for us to party with friends, so it is what it is. Congrats on the PAS spread. I was happy to have a tiny spot on PAS mag, A whole spread is dope. Hope to see what you guys do to the xB, concidering yall ran out of time, are you gonna go and do any of the original plans?
Old 05-13-2010, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

^saw the car there, Loved it!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote=game-over;3370739]

Mannn those speakers in the dash!! The color scheme on this TC is pretty sick, and unique.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:11 AM

I went to tit as a Representative of our company lol it's awesome show.