Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-aero-exterior-1636/)
-   -   Black VRD Grilles Vs FIG Grilles! Opinions wanted!!! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-aero-exterior-1636/black-vrd-grilles-vs-fig-grilles-opinions-wanted-176871/)

Kyleinator 12-03-2009 07:57 AM

Black VRD Grilles Vs FIG Grilles! Opinions wanted!!!

Well I am thinking about grilles and I have looked at a few companies and the two that really caught my eye were the VRD and the FIG grilles. What do you guys think would look better on a Flint Mica 06 TC?

ScionTEK 12-03-2009 08:18 AM

It depends on what look you want. It's all a matter of personal aesthetic preference.

FIG grilles protrude out, and require you to zip tie on (very minor diy stuff). Some people like the flush look of the FIG grilles, although you can push it back a bit, although I'm not sure how far.

VRD grilles are inset, look and fit like they are OEM. Personally this is what I have. The only other grilles that look good for the tC are the rs1, rs3, and the 5axis concept, of course that's just my personal opinion.

I decided I'm just gonna give information and opinions and I'll skip on the voting, as it's better for you to get what looks good to your own eyes. It is your car after all. And even though I don't like the FIG grilles, I don't hate them either, because there are far worse out there. And it's not like it can't look good.

But I'm willing to bet that the VRDs will probably get the most votes.

So what ever you choose will look fine. As far as grilles go... curious on what else you have in store.

Good luck! Happy modding.

Kyleinator 12-03-2009 08:29 AM

Thanks for the reply ScionTEK, I totally didn't think about the installation. I was thinking they all just clip in but after doing some research I found out the FIG grilles require drilling while the VRD clip in using the original clip things in the bumper. So that would be more convenient although the VRD costs significantly more so I guess it's a trade off. I have different moods lol, like sometimes I like the more "classy" look of the VRD's, and other times the more "Ricey" look of the FIG's. I'm trying to see what you guys like best.

chrischoi 12-03-2009 10:27 AM

Grillcraft.

t_urbo_C_harged 12-03-2009 12:38 PM

RS2 looks good when painted :)

happyhick025 12-03-2009 06:16 PM

i have FIG grills and love them, but like everyone said its up to what you like. installation for the FIGs really isnt hard at all, you just drill small holes in the inside of where the grills go and ziptie.

Mouse 12-19-2009 04:26 AM

VRD grills

Originally Posted by Kyleinator (Post 3390189)
Thanks for the reply ScionTEK, I totally didn't think about the installation. I was thinking they all just clip in but after doing some research I found out the FIG grilles require drilling while the VRD clip in using the original clip things in the bumper. So that would be more convenient although the VRD costs significantly more so I guess it's a trade off. I have different moods lol, like sometimes I like the more "classy" look of the VRD's, and other times the more "Ricey" look of the FIG's. I'm trying to see what you guys like best.

Just wanted to toss my 2 cents in. I have the VRD and IMHO I think it gives a really nice look to the front of the tC.
If you're thinking of going VRD... log into eBay and check out this seller "ar_racing09". I just got a VRD upper grill from them... Great seller, really easy to deal with...and at a really kick butt deal.

Checho 12-19-2009 06:35 AM

VRD has OEM fitment, FIGs do not, they require cutting into your bumper.

Go VRD all day everyday. (Unless you can get your hands on RS grills)

Yanki01 12-19-2009 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Checho (Post 3406565)

x2

Mouse 12-21-2009 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Checho (Post 3406565)

it's ALMOST OEM fitment. You may have to do a little minor trimming for it to fit exactly right, but at least you dont have to drill holes in the front bumper clip like you do for some other grill types.