Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Brake light LED swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 06:29 PM

Question Brake light LED swap

Hey guys,

I've tried searching around but didnt really find the answer for this... Any help is greatly appreciated!

I've swapped out the brake light bulbs with LED ones (7443 bulb, the same bulb is also used for the parking light - 2 functions one bulb) and I was wondering if anyone knew how I have to wire the resistor for this.

Basically, right now when I push on the brake pedal, I see both my turn indicator lights turn on in the gauge cluster. The turn indicator lights on the side view mirrors also turn on when I press on the brake pedal. The actual turn signal lights in the front and back never turn on.

I was looking for a plug and play solution so I tried to use a 7443 LED decoder but all this did was blow my fuse (was not wired for 7443CK I guess). I really just didnt want the resistor's heat sink being so close to all the wiring because it gets way too hot when the parking lights are on, so I figure I'll add more wire on each end of the resistor and mount it away from anything that may melt or catch fire.

Just need to know:
1) If anyone has a plug and play solution, PLEASE throw it my way
2) If no plug and play solution exists, please let me know how I should wire the resistors for the brake lights.

Thanks for the help!