Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-aero-exterior-1636/)
-   -   My Newly Installed Cree Reverse Projector Bulbs Review (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-aero-exterior-1636/my-newly-installed-cree-reverse-projector-bulbs-review-210225/)

my06tc 12-15-2011 01:18 AM

My Newly Installed Cree Reverse Projector Bulbs Review

4 Attachment(s)
I Just bought Some Cree reverse projector lights....got them from Peter over at 4aeAuto for $40 shipped......there Very bright as you can see,tell me what you gies think..overall im happy with them..I will get More pics,with the car further away......But overall im very happy with these,These are the best Bulbs ive had...and i had just about every bulb on the market.The company was very responsive,answered all my questions and concerns right away,they shipped it out the same day along with tracking....I highly recommend them..You wont be disappointed.....

got them from here

http://www.4aeautodesign.com/

From behind the car

Attachment 47335

Heres stock bulbs vs the cree bulbs

Attachment 47336

The bulbs came nicely package in a box,i knew right away there were quality items from JLC..
Attachment 47337

This is what the bulb looks like in the housing
Attachment 47338

testa422 12-15-2011 01:48 AM

damn those r bright looks good!

JDMTC5 12-15-2011 01:49 AM

DDAANNGG! that's bright.

blk07tC 12-15-2011 02:55 AM

I want!!! Looks good bro. The link isnt working on my stupid iPhone.

AcidDrop 12-15-2011 03:21 AM

damn that's bright, i wonder how they would look in the 08's parking lights...you got the JLC S25 LED bulbs?

my06tc 12-15-2011 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by AcidDrop (Post 3949921)
damn that's bright, i wonder how they would look in the 08's parking lights...you got the JLC S25 LED bulbs?

The warrenty will be voided if the bulbs are use in any other spot besides the reverse lights....

these are the JLC Cree Projector Bulbs

user 7208230 12-15-2011 04:14 AM

too bad they're $40+

AUTO Design 12-15-2011 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by trdscion (Post 3949945)
too bad they're $40+

We sell the CREE projector LED bulbs for $40 shipped!!!

Here is the link : https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209906

As long as the bulbs point toward to the back of the car, it will works :biggrin:

my06tc 12-15-2011 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by trdscion (Post 3949945)
too bad they're $40+

thats what i thought as first,but then i did some research and looking around,and yea theres other bulbs out there,but ill tell you this,ive had them all,My leds usually come in a little plastic bag,but these Bulbs,Come in a Nice little black box,Everything about the bulbs and packaging told me from the begining,it was Quality item from a Quality Company,Its well worth the $40...It it kinda long for the housing but other then that,it Very bright,exactly like HIDs..I have %20 Tint,and before i couldnt see,Now i can see perfectly fine,Theese Bulbs give you a nice Viewing Area esp in those Dark places...I say about a good 2-3 feet of light

Roller_Toaster 12-15-2011 02:05 PM

If you guys can (only know of this working on xb2's), an h11 harness + bulb spliced into the original reverse light is about 5x brighter that oem.

Those things are SUPER bright!

fongyz 12-15-2011 06:11 PM

..... I dunno about those, may be more intensified, but it looks like those bulbs also lose overall width lighting .. like how the regular bulbs cover like so:

\____/ \____/

vs

(___) (___)

Dunno, I'd make sure I could see at least to the rear left and right sides of the vehicle and not just a selected area of the rear....

AUTO Design 12-15-2011 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by fongyz (Post 3950133)
..... I dunno about those, may be more intensified, but it looks like those bulbs also lose overall width lighting .. like how the regular bulbs cover like so:

\____/ \____/

vs

(___) (___)

Dunno, I'd make sure I could see at least to the rear left and right sides of the vehicle and not just a selected area of the rear....

well with the OEM halogen bulbs or regular LED even if its "\____/ \____/" still cant see anything lol. And thats because its close to the wall. When its further it will cover up more area.

here is the example on the xB :

http://www.4aeautodesign.com/photos/.../CREE%20XB.jpg

As you see its bigger when its further :biggrin:

my06tc 12-15-2011 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by fongyz (Post 3950133)

\____/ \____/

vs

(___) (___)

Pictures doesnt Capture the actual lighting is give behind the car from further away,I can tell you that,the width of light is alot more then the oem bulbs,and goes alot further out,Im gonna take more pics,of different angles,cause the pics i have now,just shows the difference between stock and the cree bulb and the brightness..But when i had the cree bulb and stock comparing,i backup and the cree bulb over took the stock oem,couldnt even tell that the stock bulb was installed and that was only one bulb installed, unless you were looking at the rear of the car..Reason Why it shows the close ciicle on the wall cause the bulb is round,but the further,your away,the more light it projects

pstoltz89 12-16-2011 04:32 AM

looking into these. they are sweet!

tCjosh 12-17-2011 02:53 AM

I'm getting these for sure! great bulbs!!

BlckdOutTC 12-27-2011 02:42 PM

damn i would hop on these but no way in hell am i payin 40 bucks for bulbs lol

bushdog 12-30-2011 02:10 AM

I've spent years in the tuner market researching the best bulbs for visibility for front and rear... I've NEVER seen something so bright! Once I go tinted tails you will definately have an order coming from me.

mrjtang 02-22-2012 06:02 PM

wow these are definitely bright. do not EVER use LEDS for backup lights, since their light only projects small distances.

My friend used HIDs for his reverse light lol... he had limo tint so it helped a lot. these are definitely bright though.