Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Need some advice on fixing car from accident

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 02:06 PM

Default Need some advice on fixing car from accident

Hey guys I havent been on in a long long time. Just been super busy with my son and work. Single dad here so any help would be greatful!

A guy backed into my can and smashed the front fender, drivers side head light assembly and hood of my car and ran. Can you guys point me in the direction of where I could get the parts to fix the car? I want to try and keep the costs down and do it myself. Just curious on where you guys get your body parts for a great price. I have the Release 5.0 so the car is black. If I have to get the parts unpainted I will and then get them painted.

Thanks for everyones help.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Believe it or not paint is the biggest expense. Below are the prices for body parts brand new through an aftermarket seller. I've been involved with a bodyshop for over a fifteen years and many folks will tell you to get OEM parts instead of aftermarket which is complete bs. These are the same parts 99% of body shops use as well btw. Prices below are commercial acct prices but its extremely easy to set that up. Judge your estimates off of the two items below. You will however come out ahead if you're able to find these parts used either on eBay or at a junk/salvage yard by saving the expense for paint.

Fender $29
Front bumper $60