Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-aero-exterior-1636/)
-   -   rough rough rough idea on body repair work? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-aero-exterior-1636/rough-rough-rough-idea-body-repair-work-74305/)

mrmaster 09-18-2006 03:30 PM

rough rough rough idea on body repair work?

Had the car for 2 months and I hit a pole in a parking garage. Was parked too close and it messed up my driver's side mirror and left front panel.

The dent might be able to be sucked out and not replaced but it definitely needs repainting and the driver side mirror needs replacement.

I work a ton of hours so it will take me awhile to get to a body repair shop. Any ideas?
https://img179.imageshack.us/img179/...0921ta6.th.jpg

fishingexpert87 09-18-2006 03:38 PM

that sux man, why dont u rent a car and send it to the body shop? some shops actually give u a free rental

lilitaliankid 09-18-2006 04:27 PM

Im gonna have to say 500-680.

That fender needs to be replaced (obviously) and the door has some scuff on it. A proper place will blend the fender, driver door AND hood, to make sure all the panels match together.

mrmaster 09-18-2006 06:17 PM

that's half of what I thought it would cost. We shall see. And yes I will have to do the car rental thing. There is no way around that.

brian 09-18-2006 06:44 PM

i have a huge dent on my passenger fender, and at a toyota dealership it'll cost roughly $800-1100 depending on what shop. They'll replace the fender and paint/blend.

mrmaster 09-18-2006 10:15 PM

but a regular body shop should be able to do the blend as well right?

kdog_1981 09-18-2006 10:22 PM

bend out probably not....

lilitaliankid 09-19-2006 12:32 AM

BLEND.... yes. Body shops do blends very well, in fact better than Toyota dealships seeing as they handle more cars of different variety than just toyotas.

Also, the Totoya Dealer would be the last place I would get my cvar fixed because they jack prices higher than the roof.

TeeCizzle 09-19-2006 12:46 AM

Isn't that Why the Pole is Painted Bright Yellow??...
So, you don't Hit it???...LOL...
sorry for being a Smart Butt!!...

freeflowing 09-19-2006 01:04 AM

that dent can and will be knock out simply by removing the fender and pounding it out with a rubber hammer 1 labor hour max. it that easy the only thing they are going to reall do is sand and paint and blend the rest which is roughly 3 or 4 hours tops and that on the high side of my estimate

highhobbiescom 09-19-2006 01:07 AM

i would rather replace then weaken the structure of the fender and pound it out ricer style

mrmaster 09-19-2006 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by TeeCizzle
Isn't that Why the Pole is Painted Bright Yellow??...
So, you don't Hit it???...LOL...
sorry for being a Smart Butt!!...

They paint it bright yellow to avoid insurance fraud. Now I can't say someone hit my car cause who has crappy chalky paint like that on a vehicle?

Well, at least that is my theory.

freeflowing 09-21-2006 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by highhobbiescom
i would rather replace then weaken the structure of the fender and pound it out ricer style

if you ever worked in a body shop pounding out a dent doesnt weaken the structure period. its a freakin fender for crying out loud. the only way a structure of a car becomes weak is when there frame or some support damage that far beyond repair and i dont see that here.
who ever told you that she really get there brain checked for a underdevelopment no disrespect.
by the way i help my dad inspect vehicles as my second job so i have to know what im doing because it will cost us money if i dont when we buy vehicles from auctions.

also you used the term "ricer" for the comletely wrong reason. heres a refresher youngin r-race i-inspired c-cosmetic e-enhancement. straighten a dent or punding a dent doesnt do crap for performance inspiration.