Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-aero-exterior-1636/)
-   -   Vortex Generator on a tC??? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-aero-exterior-1636/vortex-generator-tc-111845/)

tCtCtC 08-18-2007 07:19 AM

Vortex Generator on a tC???

Does anyone have em on their tC?? I'm in a group of Evos and the tc is like a lil brother. About mid next year, itll look alot like one. But anyway, does anyone have pics of it on a tC???

Please, NO FLAMING!!!!

if u want details of the tc, here they are:
Greddy turbo
full badgeless
cf hatch
evo style hood
evo spoiler
and other stuff, but thats the main stuff

tCtCtC 08-18-2007 06:37 PM

bump

sddykstr 08-18-2007 08:58 PM

So you're spending a bunch of money to make your tc look like an evo, why not buy a used evo.

jaxtcracer 08-18-2007 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by sddykstr
So you're spending a bunch of money to make your tc look like an evo, why not buy a used evo.

lol.. cause now he doesn't have the money after spending it on the car and the turbo, etc. etc. :P 'tis a shame, i'd rather have an evo than a tC, not gonna lie :)

sddykstr 08-18-2007 09:03 PM

Meh, I like the Evos a bunch, but I'm an STI person at heart.

shadow12one 08-18-2007 11:32 PM

Ill go with an RX-8

jaxtcracer 08-19-2007 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by shadow12one
Ill go with an RX-8

booooooooooooooooo. haha i like the styling and handling, but the power deficit isn't exactly my cup of tea. i'm sure a mazdaspeed rx-8 would own though...

Varsis 08-19-2007 01:14 AM

you know a little chip work lights up those Rx-8s really really easily right Jaxt? Those little rotary engines spin up like no bodys business.

jaxtcracer 08-19-2007 01:17 AM

"chip work"? as in ecu re-programming type stuff? sure the rotarys spin, but the problem IMO is it's naturally aspirated and has next to no torque compared to other cars in its price range. i actually haven't really followed much aftermarket regarding the rx-8s, so i dunno how much support they have.

shadow12one 08-19-2007 01:48 AM

You can boost them and maaaan do they go with a bit of boost. They are great cars though imo. Incredible handling. They are so forgiving when it comes to hard driving. Sure the power is a bit lacking when compared to an EVO or WRX but a bit of work will get them rockin.

Varsis 08-19-2007 01:50 AM

Hey dont get me wrong,
Torque on rotary engines SUCK.
But a little work on the engine, tuning, etc can get them to hit the high train really well.
For me, buying an RX-8 would be more like trying to reconnect with my child hood.
I'd honestly take an RX-7 and rebuild it over a brand new RX-8.

Kahuna 08-19-2007 01:51 AM

How about them on an xA instead...
https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k...cionXa2-52.jpg

tCtCtC 08-19-2007 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Kahuna

THANK YOU. for staying on topic. why dont i trade it in?? gimme some money i will. the guys in my team think its better to have a lil bro of the group, so the tC fits in perfectly. and, the tC was paid in full.

But anyways, very nice!!!

draxcaliber 08-19-2007 03:38 AM

so how would vortex generators benefit a front wheel drive car?

PlayinWithFire 08-19-2007 03:41 AM

my opinion is no based on the fact that I like the uninterrupted nature of the solid glass roof and would like to keep it clean.

Do it though if you think its cool and post up pics and get peoples opinions that way. Best bet is to use some double stick tape and just pull em off if you dont like em.

draxcaliber 08-19-2007 03:42 AM

in these advertisements for wings west in my super street magazine, it had pictures of a tc with a spoiler right at the top of the hatch, past the second moonroof, not a vortex generator, but kinda the same placement.

PlayinWithFire 08-19-2007 03:44 AM

yea i have seen that... doesnt seem something worth spending money on... might as well save up for something a bit... faster? hehe

draxcaliber 08-19-2007 03:48 AM

but nothing is faster than a turbo tc! nothing!

tCtCtC 08-19-2007 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by PlayinWithFire
my opinion is no based on the fact that I like the uninterrupted nature of the solid glass roof and would like to keep it clean.

very good point there. actually, a slight mind change point. ill prolly still get em though. but, it is proven, that they do help

tCtCtC 08-19-2007 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
but nothing is faster than a turbo tc! nothing!

trust me, this tc, will be HOT. when u see pics of her when shes done (bro wants to win best car at school) your jaw will drop. itll be clean, yet suttle