Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

2006 Scion tC Clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 01:27 PM

Default 2006 Scion tC Clutch problems

So the past couple days I've been losing pressure on my clutch, have to push it all the way down and then it only comes back up part of the way ( pull it back up with my toes). This morning I go to leave and the shifter doesn't want to go in reverse, the clutch goes all the way down and stays down. I try to put it in first and same doesn't want to go in to gear, push and pull (with my toes) the clutch up and down a couple times and finally get it to slip in the first. So what do you guys think need a new master, slave, or new clutch.

Thank you for all help.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lovethebrowneye
So the past couple days I've been losing pressure on my clutch, have to push it all the way down and then it only comes back up part of the way ( pull it back up with my toes). This morning I go to leave and the shifter doesn't want to go in reverse, the clutch goes all the way down and stays down. I try to put it in first and same doesn't want to go in to gear, push and pull (with my toes) the clutch up and down a couple times and finally get it to slip in the first. So what do you guys think need a new master, slave, or new clutch.

Thank you for all help.

edit: just went to try and move it back into my driveway and it went in reverse and then to first like butter, worked perfectly.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Even if it is working for now, that is a symptom of a larger problem. I'd say first check your clutch/brake fluid level (under the hood, driver side towards the back), but it could be a failing master and/or slave clutch cylinder(s). Similar thing happened to me years ago, it started "just once" then got much worse over the next few days. Just something to keep in mind.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:29 PM

Exclamation Replaced Clutch master and slave cylinder and clutch is still stuck down

I have an 06 Scion tC. I've had the car for about 3 months now and a few weeks ago the clutch pedal stuck to the floor when shifting gears. I checked the reservoir and it was empty so I filled it up. Drove like normal for a few weeks. About a week ago the same thing happened, so once again, I check the reservoir, completely full and it kept happening constantly so I changed the Clutch Master cylinder and the Slave cylinder. Now the car will start in neutral but tries to pull off in gear and it will not go in gear when its started. I have bled the clutch, I have checked everything else I could think of. Is there anything I'm missing? There are no leaks, no air, and new parts and now my clutch wont build up pressure at all.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-07-2018 at 04:01 AM.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Csanum1
I have an 06 Scion tc. I've had the car for about 3 months now and a few weeks ago the clutch pedal stuck to the floor when shifting gears. I checked the reservoir and it was empty so I filled it up. Drove like normal for a few weeks. About a week ago the same thing happened, so once again, I check the reservoir, completely full and it kept happening constantly so I changed the Clutch Master cylinder and the Slave cylinder. Now the car will start in neutral but tries to pull off in gear and it will not go in gear when its started. I have bled the clutch, I have checked everything else I could think of. Is there anything I'm missing? There are no leaks, no air, and new parts and now my clutch wont build up pressure at all.
You probably should've made a new post, but either way: maybe check your brakes? The reservoir/system is shared between the clutch and brakes in these cars.