Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

How many miles have you gotten out of your clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 12:53 PM

Default How many miles have you gotten out of your clutch?

There seems to be quite a bit of clutch issues going on in here and I'm curious to find out what you guys have experienced with a fairly old car.

1. Do you still have the original clutch?

2. If so, how many miles? Any problems?

3. If you have replaced it, when? By who?

4. Any issues with getting it replaced?

I have a 2006. Still have the orginial clutch. Just hit 130,000 miles and still very few issues, a little sticky, sometimes I have to jam it in here and there, some trouble getting into reverse but other than that I'm hoping to get to at least 150,000.

What are your guys experiences with the transmission?
Old 08-14-2017, 07:13 PM
Banned
SL Member

We replaced the clutch for the first time at 162k. I'm not a mechanic so we had it done at a local shop we trust. The not going into reverse occasionally happened on the first clutch and still happens now - I don't think it has anything to do with the clutch pressure plates. When it happens I just try again and usually it goes right in. But it doesn't happen often enough to even be on my radar as an issue that needs to get fixed.

On the other hand, we have had an issue shifting from 2 to 3 that has been going on for years. I was told it was a synchro, but never felt like it needed to get fixed, since blipping the throttle er... sorry, gas pedal between clutch depression and 3rd engagement completely solves the problem.