Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

megan full exhaust clip needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default megan full exhaust clip needed

i was looking into getting a header and s pipe in addition to the megan drift spec i already own... i was wondering if anyone had a clip of a full exhaust with megan headers, s pipe, and drift spec setup... also i heard rumors that a 4-2-1 header will eliminate some rasp, is this true...
Old 07-01-2009, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok bro.i have the drift spec also along with the downpipe...i loved it..then i tried the megans header that was the worse thing i could put on the car..it souded horrible very very loud....i felt very little hp maybe mid-range to high end nothing amazing...the sound was just unbearable...any header on the tc will produce some kind of rasp.

heres a clip with the dirft spec exhaust......downpipe..megan header

the 4-2-1 is supposly louder then the 4-1 but you wont noticeable a difference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zf0pMjuITY

i will tell you right now if your planning on a header..goota get a custom midpipe with a hi-flow cat and like 2 resanators depending on how loud you want it..header you wont feel much of a difference only sound
Old 07-06-2009, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i heard your clip from youtube, and it did sound pretty loud, was it really raspy...? b/c i love the way just the drift spec sounds, but i want a header, just for the performance gain... do you still have the megan header, maybe i could buy it off you, if you are willing to sell it...
Old 07-06-2009, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

theres no major gain from the header...probably a little bit from to midrange to highend....really loud but not as raspy as others....i actually had the header on for a few days just too dam loud escpicailly in the cabin....unless you plan on having a midpipe built with a hi-flow cat and at least a 22 inch resantor...

yea i stil have the header....i bought it used off of a member here a few weeks ago....but now i have the drift spec along with the downpipe and intake and stock header..sounds so much better still loud but i can deal with it..i get so many compliements on it..when other tc's see me on the road the honk at me just to see what exhaust i have its funny....took me a long time to get the drift spec..

let me see if i want to sell the header.....i was goona get a midpipe built but not to sure honeslty it still goona sound kinda ricey with the cat and resnator..so will see...

hom much you willing to spend....
Old 07-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I wanna get rid of my header so bad, I wish I had my stock still=/ it sounds prettty good right now or at high rpms with my stock axleback, but even when I had the full catback with the oe-rs it sounded like sh*t. even now that I jus bought a greddy evo2 I'm afraid its gonna sound horrible. I wish I had my stock header
Old 07-06-2009, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the dealership wanted $500 for the stock header...cause my buddy bought the weapon r header that comes with the downpipe and had it professionally installed but didnt think to keep the stock header.....then he decided to go back to stock after a few months and said SH@#$ i dont have my stock header so he calls the dealer $500 please....i keep all my stock parts just in case rather i do it myself or have someome else do it i learned that the hard way on my last car

the header with the greddy evo 2 exhasut is very raspy i know a few people with that setup doesnt sound to pleasing to me....some like it