Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Clutch gone, replaced M/S cylinders. Stuck in 1st now.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 07:02 PM

Default Clutch gone, replaced M/S cylinders. Stuck in 1st now.

Hey yall. This is a 07 TC I got used. 100k mi.

Clutch pedal stuck at floor, but I made it home.

I put a long string on the pedal, and used it to literally pull up the clutch on each shift... talk about coordination! I had to get to autozone to pick up the master and slave cyl.

installed it that night. Thanks Google. But couldn't do the bleeding part. Long story short, i'll just take to dealer. But it's stuck in 1st, I can't engage clutch to put back in neutral so tow truck can take it...

What to do? Is there a trick? (Like, rolling backwards.. it's parked on a slight incline so if I release ebreak it'll roll back, but i"m scared to hear gear teeth disintegrate.. would it?)

Thanks!

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-17-2017 at 08:47 PM. Reason: spelling, punctuation
Old 06-14-2017, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by latebloomer

Hey yall. This is a 07 TC I got used. 100k mi.

Clutch pedal stuck at floor, but I made it home.

I put a long string on the pedal, and used it to literally pull up the clutch on each shift... talk about coordination! I had to get to autozone to pick up the master and slave cyl.

installed it that night. Thanks Google. But couldn't do the bleeding part. Long story short, i'll just take to dealer. But it's stuck in 1st, I can't engage clutch to put back in neutral so tow truck can take it...

What to do? Is there a trick? (Like, rolling backwards.. it's parked on a slight incline so if I release ebreak it'll roll back, but i"m scared to hear gear teeth disintegrate.. would it?)

Thanks!
I know this is days late and you've probably already gotten things taken care of, but if it's in gear and rolls backward then I don't think you'd be grinding any gears assuming there is no bad noise. It should just be turning the engine over which should be fine for rolling it back a few feet. Tow truck should tow it with front end lifted, so no issues there.

Any reason why you're taking it to the dealer and not an independent shop? Personally, I don't usually take cars to the dealer if they're out of warranty unless it's something an independent shop can't do. Regardless, I hope you get your car rolling on its own power soon!

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-17-2017 at 08:48 PM. Reason: spelling, punctuation