Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

New clutch master & slave cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 01:36 AM

Default New clutch master & slave cylinder

Have an 07 pushing 180k and have had the clutch replaced once. Last week the clutch pedal went to the floor & from other threads here figured it was the slave that needed to be replaced. Looked hard to get to so took it to the shop. The "guy" recommended replacing the slave and the master as he said he could not tell which was bad & best to replace both so I did. Would have been around $200 for the slave but $550 for both.

After he completed he said the clutch would need to be replaced soon and that when he adjusted the clutch he had to adjust "all the way" (not sure what that means) so that means a new clutch will be needed soon.

My clutch pedal problem just happened one day, didn't get a little worse and then go out. After they replaced the slave & master the clutch feels totally different and you have to go all the way to the floor for it to engage. Feels much weaker than before. I mean I went to the floor before just seems like there was a lot more resistance than now. I figured it would feel the same or better? Is this normal or too many other factors to consider?

Thanks for any tips