Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/)
-   -   ! on the dash (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/dash-124031/)

princecaspianation 01-04-2008 03:29 PM

! on the dash

I just bought a 2006 tc from a guy who didn't have the owner's manual. There's a light coming on in the dashboard, it's a little exclamation point (!), , , I have no idea what that means, and I don't have money to buy an owners manual at the moment. could someone help me out? Thanks!

CarbonXe 01-04-2008 03:31 PM

Low tire pressure. Check the tire pressure of all 5 tires and fill them up to specs if needed. There is a reset button in the glove box.

Also, https://www.scionlife.com/guts/_but_search.gif for the process to reset.

flintMicaTC 01-04-2008 03:34 PM

its just an indicator showing you you have no tire pressure sensors, or your tires might be low. its nothing big to be concerned about mine comes on all the time!

TheQuietThings 01-04-2008 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by flintMicaTC
its just an indicator showing you you have no tire pressure sensors, or your tires might be low. its nothing big to be concerned about mine comes on all the time!

How can be there be no sensors? The 06 tC has the sensor built into the ABS system.

flintMicaTC 01-04-2008 04:10 PM

really? didnt know that, but my tires are always kept up to spec and still it shows up. i had aftermarket rims on my car for 2 years and the indicator has been there ever since

flintMicaTC 01-04-2008 04:12 PM

i mean the sensors are obviously there i just didn't know but the indicator is a picture of the shock which shows a difference in ride level. right?

SquallLHeart 01-04-2008 04:18 PM

:eyebrow:

if you have an '07-'08... the sensors are inside the wheel... the cold weather could be affecting you and may possibly the reason why you see the light despite your tire being in spec (cold weather... cold tire... pressure drops below spec)

frame 01-04-2008 04:19 PM

really? didnt know that, but my tires are always kept up to spec and still it shows up. i had aftermarket rims on my car for 2 years and the indicator has been there ever since

lol. well you can make that go away if you get new rims/tires a lot of people here have done it. You just have to hit the reset button in the glove box and drive it for a couple of miles for the computer to initialize the sensor for the new rims/tires (someone correct me if im wrong on this).

CarbonXe 01-04-2008 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by TheQuietThings

How can be there be no sensors? The 06 tC has the sensor built into the ABS system.

The sensor is inside the tire, built onto the air port thing (I can never think of technical terms :loser: ). flintMicaTC doesn't actually have the sensors, because he has rims on his car (unless he actually got them removed from the tC and installed on his new rims, which is highly unlikely).

SquallLHeart 01-04-2008 04:34 PM

you're looking for the term "valve stem"

to reinitialize.. you need to hold the button until the light blinks 3 times... make sure to HOLD it!

CarbonXe 01-04-2008 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
you're looking for the term "valve stem"

to reinitialize.. you need to hold the button until the light blinks 3 times... make sure to HOLD it!

Haha yea, wow I feel like a tard for not being able to come up with that.

3min3m2 01-04-2008 04:53 PM

I would be concerned about it...mine came on when i had a leak in my tire, so i would consider it a big priority

07tctul 01-04-2008 04:58 PM

the ! light means that your car is gunna blow up soon

flintMicaTC 01-04-2008 05:03 PM

haha yeah but i have my stockies back on but they're from an 08 mine's is an 05. whatever! it doesnt bother me i reset it but it always comes back on.

ScionizedRide 01-04-2008 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by 07tctul

HAHAHAHAAA :rofl:

i wish it really did have a blow up warning for turboed tCs

CarbonXe 01-04-2008 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by ScionizedRide

Originally Posted by 07tctul

HAHAHAHAAA :rofl:

i wish it really did have a blow up warning for turboed tCs

Here's you're blowup warning.

https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...MUEGOgauge.jpg

engifineer 01-04-2008 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by CarbonXe

Originally Posted by TheQuietThings

The sensor is inside the tire, built onto the air port thing (I can never think of technical terms :loser: ). flintMicaTC doesn't actually have the sensors, because he has rims on his car (unless he actually got them removed from the tC and installed on his new rims, which is highly unlikely).

Not on a 2006. It reads off the ABS wheel speed sensors just like he said. The pressure sensors inside the wheel are in the 07s and up. The op said it is an 06, which means it only knows if the pressure is different between two tires on the same end of the car.

princecaspianation 01-08-2008 12:54 AM

thanks everyone for responding, I really appreciate it! I will def. check my tire pressure.