Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

engine stutter

Old 08-19-2009, 06:28 PM

actually right now im simply running w/o any cats at all ... sounds terrible but whatever im too lazy to go see if they will warranty it or not
Old 07-19-2016, 12:05 PM

Default Engine stutter

Originally Posted by b3dragons View Post
I have a 05 tc manuel, when i run it u to around 4k it gets a stutter in it, if i floor it it goes away or wont happen at all. At times its worse than others, ive changed the clutch and that didnt fix the problem. changed spark plugs and maf sensor, im not sure what it realy coud be but am open to any sugestions. Any one else have this problem???? I also have tryed different grades of fuel and that hasnt fixed it at all either. so can any one help.
Hey guys I'm new to this forum but I have been looking at all your replies and everything I have a 2005 Scion xB I've changed the plugs coil packs clean the mass air flow put new seats and seals for the injectors had the injectors cleaned the other day my car started to stutter and wouldn't get very much RPMs at start this was after a big rain storm been dealing with it for the past week sometimes you crank it up runs fine cut it off crank it right back up the engine shakes really bad starts to stutter cut it off next day Crank It Up runs fine next day runs like crap be at the gas light at the red light and hit the gas stutter acceleration fast stutter acceleration fast stop at a red light the same thing yesterday I was attempting to take off the fuel pump and clean the fuel filter or remove the fuel filter but it got late on me really fast so I decided just to put everything back up so I hope the lines back up decided to crank the car crank it no problem running like a charm we're going down the road and better than she's ran in a long time this morning I Crank It Up stuttering again because anybody have any idea is it fuel