Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

EVAP system P0453

Old 11-05-2017, 05:36 PM

Default EVAP system P0453

so a couple of days ago i got a CEL its was P0453 a day later i realized my ac, cruise control, and key chain FOB were not working. I have check all the fuses they were all good. i decided i should tackle one problem at a time and start with the CEL it but im having a hard time finding any info about evap sensor where it is and how to trouble shoot it for Scion tC. any help would be greatly appreciated. and i also found on a separate forum where some one described everything that happened to my car but they had no solution so im guessing they are all connected some how.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 11-06-2017 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum
Old 11-06-2017, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Evap is the black solenoid valve bolted to the intake.
has to hoses on it. 1 goes to the tank. One to the throttle body.
the valve could be bad or the hose to the tank is rip.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:09 PM

So i wanted to give an update on what ive found so far the sensor is actually installed in the charcoal canister. ive attached an image of the wiring diagram. ive testes it with it unplugged and im getting 5v on the yellow and light green wire but i can seem to get continuity on my brown ground wire. ive found what i believe is the ground point but it looks good any one have any suggestion on hunting down this grounding wire? or if its somthing else
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
evap 2.pdf (17.1 KB, 162 views)

Search this Thread