Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

A few questions i have to ask

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 05:17 AM
SL Member

Default A few questions i have to ask

1. Has anyone on here done cam work or head work? right now i have a dme header on my 07 and have been thinking about doing some work other than just some bolt on stuff like a header and exhaust.

2. ive noticed that alot of people on here have hks exhausts, and ive actually come across one other person who has an agency power exhaust and i was curious if theres anymore and what they think of them. I love my AP but have been questioning HKS lately. someone give me some details.

3. I have a Weapon R intake right now and thought about putting on an ARC airbox instead. anyone use one? or have gone from an intake to an arc and have any stories of a differance or anything?
Old 08-29-2008, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

Well yes a lot of people have done cam work to their cars. Dezod offers oversized valves, springs retainers and such. And ripp mods offers regrind cams for N/A and supercharged vehicles. NOW... brian crower cams were just released in three different stages. But you will need some sort of engine management to run these cams. They are not regrinds but completly manufactured from scratch. These are offered from dezod motorsports as well.

As for exhaust I really like the tanabe concept g. I am not a fan on angled exhaust systems.

I looked at the ARC airbox but it looks cheap and i dont think it well net any gains.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:31 AM
SL Member

thanks alot man. i live in a town where the only think anyone has done to theirs is a trd supercharger and wheels. no one looks INTO the engine to improve it from the inside out. i have been looking into cams and new head work and such but with no one around here to discuss these things with i'm kind of lost.

ive never looked into tanabe exhausts.

and as for the arc, i back you when you said it looks cheap but for right now i think ill stick with the weapon r.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the ARC box is expensive and mostly for looks
Old 08-29-2008, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BC is releasing a stroker kit to up our 2.4 to 2.6. It is not yet released. Man I would love to hear how my car would sound on new cams
Old 08-29-2008, 02:17 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by xoutxforxblood
thanks alot man. i live in a town where the only think anyone has done to theirs is a trd supercharger and wheels. no one looks INTO the engine to improve it from the inside out. i have been looking into cams and new head work and such but with no one around here to discuss these things with i'm kind of lost.

ive never looked into tanabe exhausts.

and as for the arc, i back you when you said it looks cheap but for right now i think ill stick with the weapon r.
The Tanabe Concept G is a great exhaust. I recently purchased it from a fellow SL'er here. However would probably not work with your aftermarket header, unless you like rasp, lol. For Tanabe look into the Medallion Touring. The Agency Power is a great exhaust as well.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

Well you could get any exhaust you like but you would need to have a resonator welded on to reduce the amount of rasp.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got an HKS, i bought it off some dude from the classifieds in here. At first I wasn't the biggest fan of the slanted look either but I decided to get it anyway cuz I loved the sound and couldn't find an Injen near by. I have to say the slanted look has grown on me and now I absolutely love it. I love the nice growl it has. One of the comments that I get about it is that it doesn't sound ricey at all, its got a nice deep growl.

and yea, I'm pretty sure a header + any exhaust will yeild rasp unless u get a resonator.