Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/)
-   -   Greddy E-Manage (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/greddy-e-manage-34202/)

purpleHaze 09-07-2005 11:24 PM

Greddy E-Manage

Has anyone installed the e-Manage? If so, how hard was it to tune and what kind of improvements did you experience. Thanks!

Can the original E-Manage remove the speed limiter and up the rev limiter. I dont have that much experience in the electronic tuning aspect so any info is very helpful. Thanks again!

miamiBASS 09-09-2005 03:55 AM

i would like to know also..

anyone?

WFOTC 09-09-2005 04:27 AM

don't know much about emanage on scions; but, I have delt with it on srt4s and NO it doesn't remove the rev and speed limiters as it is only a piggy back. Also, I would imagine that it wouldn't really help that much with a stock or minor bolt on n/a car. Lastly, I think Zpi and another vendor include emanange in their turbo kits so Iam sure they can help.

-Keith- 09-09-2005 05:49 AM

you need the ulitame one.. it will do what u want

matty-tC 09-09-2005 01:15 PM

it can remove the rev limiter i believe... not sure about the speed limiter but you don't need to remove the speed limiter.

expect about 5-10whp for tuning your car with the emanage

TurboCustomz 09-09-2005 01:30 PM

The standard emanage will NOT remove the speed limiter or change the rpm limiter. YOu have to buy the ultimate if you want those features.

Munch 09-09-2005 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz
The standard emanage will NOT remove the speed limiter or change the rpm limiter. YOu have to buy the ultimate if you want those features.

This is correct.

Simplyscion 09-09-2005 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by matty-tC
it can remove the rev limiter i believe... not sure about the speed limiter but you don't need to remove the speed limiter.

expect about 5-10whp for tuning your car with the emanage

Until your long term fuel trim kicks in and cuts you off, then it wont do sh*t and its time to unhook the battery cable and start all over...closed loop is pretty hurt guys. Thats why im buggin out a lil bit over these turbo kits from dezod and zpi...piggy back is a band aid, it will stick to ya for a few days, but after a lil bit of use it wears off and its time for a new one.

jmiller20874 09-09-2005 02:48 PM

^^^ :question: eManage only works for a few days? Confused. :ponder:

raamaudio 09-09-2005 03:10 PM

Hmmmm, I ran 13PSI, 250WHP on our Matrix and all we had was the stock ECU, aux fuel injector and a D2 aquamist that was metered by reading the aux fuel injector. After the final tune it ran great for many thousands of miles, all hard core use except some crusing on the way to autocrosses, a few drags, etc. Now it is back to NA with over 50k miles and does not use a drop of oil, runs perfectly fine.

Not so sure there is going to be a problem but here is a little trick in case there is. I forget which pin in a particular but a toggle switch on the dash can be flipped to off when you park the car and on when you get back in, once a day, every couple of days, several times a day, etc, resetting the ECU, no more problem;)

Rick

Simplyscion 09-09-2005 03:25 PM

When using aux injectors you are overiding the stock ecu being that there is no way to interrupt the extra fuel going into the intake mani. I have that for my car, its pretty much the only way besides for standalone to make it run good, but thats a really good idea having that toggle switch...I should look into that.

slammed 09-09-2005 03:37 PM

im a little confused. Is everyone having this problem that has zpi stage 0?

The emanage holds its tune despite the battery disconnect?

Simplyscion 09-09-2005 03:48 PM

looks like I stirred some sh#t up...sorry guys...but the honest truth is that in a closed loop, regardless of piggy back or not the long term fuel trim will readjust against any settings that you have for the emanage, SAFC, Turbo XS Game boy junk, Camcon, etc(not true for all closed loop ECU, just toyota and a few others). As I and raamaudio said before, aux injectors is the answer to this solution because the computer isnt in control of the extra fuel thats put into the intake mani, you are. Even if the MAF sensor is buggin out, its still getting fuel and is getting tricked back into running normal.

raamaudio 09-09-2005 03:48 PM

Not sure on the emanage but I imagine it has an EPROM or similar to hold the programming with or without power.

Even if it did lose it you can eliminate that with the toggle switch mentioned above, just reset the ECU, power stays on for the Emanage.

Anybody have a reason this will not effectively cure the problem???

Nothing stirred up here:):):) See, all happy:):):)
Rick

Simplyscion 09-09-2005 03:54 PM

I know that even the Camcon holds its settings even when disconnected or when battey cable removed or ECU reset...im gonna definitely try that switch and see what happens

matty-tC 09-09-2005 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
looks like I stirred some sh#t up...sorry guys...but the honest truth is that in a closed loop, regardless of piggy back or not the long term fuel trim will readjust against any settings that you have for the emanage, SAFC, Turbo XS Game boy junk, Camcon, etc(not true for all closed loop ECU, just toyota and a few others). As I and raamaudio said before, aux injectors is the answer to this solution because the computer isnt in control of the extra fuel thats put into the intake mani, you are. Even if the MAF sensor is buggin out, its still getting fuel and is getting tricked back into running normal.

have you seen the AFR on a stock tC? it's very close to FI friendly. If i remember correctly it was 12.5-12.7:1 throughout. If it trims the fuel back to this, then it's still going to be somewhat safe. Personally I'd rather see a 11.5:1 but with the strength of the 2az-fe, i woudln't worry too much.

i'm confused about one thing though... with the injector harness on the emanage, wouldn't this completely control the width/duration of the injector pulse?

Simplyscion 09-09-2005 04:18 PM

have you seen the AFR on a stock tC? it's very close to FI friendly. If i remember correctly it was 12.5-12.7:1 throughout. If it trims the fuel back to this, then it's still going to be somewhat safe. Personally I'd rather see a 11.5:1 but with the strength of the 2az-fe, i woudln't worry too much.

i'm confused about one thing though... with the injector harness on the emanage, wouldn't this completely control the width/duration of the injector pulse?

Dam, thats sick I think on my car its around 14 range. I cant wait to get one now and boost it. The 2az is a real strong motor. I think as far as the injector harness, the MAF readings will still overrule and limp out. Havent tried the emanage yet so I could be wrong. Our factory ECU's might just be too smart.

matty-tC 09-09-2005 04:20 PM

it'll be interesting to see if the TURD s/c includes a reflash. if not then I could see lower boost being fine with a standard piggyback.

Simplyscion 09-09-2005 04:31 PM

supposed to come w/ injectors...I dont know how they would reflash our computers cause I just dont think its possible at this point yet. Its probly a bigger fuel pump and regulator w/ injectors and a black box.

aarontrini85 09-09-2005 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Simplyscion

Dam, thats sick I think on my car its around 14 range. I cant wait to get one now and boost it. The 2az is a real strong motor. I think as far as the injector harness, the MAF readings will still overrule and limp out. Havent tried the emanage yet so I could be wrong. Our factory ECU's might just be too smart.

if that is the case then we will just have to kill them its us or them the smartest servives lol are there any companys that do reflashes for the ecu the 2az uses???? maybe i should ask on a camery forum