Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/)
-   -   Help! Throwing CEL Codes P0113,P0441,P0455 (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/help-throwing-cel-codes-p0113-p0441-p0455-207478/)

the_butcher 09-13-2011 02:08 AM

Help! Throwing CEL Codes P0113,P0441,P0455

P0113 - Intake air temperature circuit high input
P0441 - Evaporative emission control system incorrect purge flow
P0455 - Evaporative emission control system leak detected (gross)

Just the other day my Gf's CEL came on... These are the codes.
The car is an 06 tC 5 speed coming up on about 100,000 miles with a K&N Cold air intake.

Can anyone help with suggestions on what I could start checking or replacing.

For additional info, about 2 weeks ago we made a 400 mile trip up north and before the trip i noticed a low bumpy idle, so i bought MAF cleaner, and cleaned the MAF. The car idled awesome and the car was no problem until recently. The car feels like it drives fine, I haven't noticed it myself yet but my GF mentioned it stalled a couple of times on her today and had a low choppy idle.

Thanks for the help.

mrexotica 09-13-2011 11:12 PM

Search the Internet for the detailed explanations for the codes.

With evap codes, it could be as simple as a $25 gas cap. Or it could be expensive.

myr6goesfast 09-14-2011 10:00 PM

I'm getting the P0441 & P0455 codes and I'm 99% sure it's my gas cap... it doesn't lock. Just sitting over the opening.

mrexotica 09-14-2011 11:34 PM

Very clearly, you need a new gas cap...

the_butcher 09-15-2011 06:57 AM

Sweet, going to change over the K&N CAI to stock and get a new gas cap.. sucks Cause this is the 2nd gas cap in the past 4-5 years

sciontc_mich 09-15-2011 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by the_butcher (Post 3909812)
Sweet, going to change over the K&N CAI to stock and get a new gas cap.. sucks Cause this is the 2nd gas cap in the past 4-5 years

i've heard this before.. on my old car, i had to replace those gas caps every 2-3 years. The seal would age, flatten out, and start leaking.

You might also want to check the fuel filler neck lip for any corrosion where the gas cap gasket seals against the lip. Any corrosion there would cause a leak against the gas cap gasket. But if you find any corrosion then stuff a rag into the filler neck and use a green scrubby to make it clean again. the rag is there to stop anything getting into your gas tank when you scrub off any corrosion from the filler lip. definitely dont want bad stuff in the gas tank:biggrin:

about that code of "intake air temp" that sounds like the MAF sensor alright.. it has the IAT (idle air temp) on the side, that amber bulb looking thing is the IAT. The MAF is the two dental floss wires down the tube. If you're using CRC's MAF sensor cleaner and waiting for it to dry before reinstalling, then I'd say that it's clean, and you have a bad MAF sensor.. Try cleaning it again one more time, clear the code, and see if that IAT code comes back.

fongyz 09-15-2011 04:46 PM

As with the MAF sensor going bad; did she recently do anything electrical around / with the battery? I touched a socket wrench off the positive terminal to the MAF sensor area by accident, spark! MAF died and rough idle. Replaced it (~$80) and works. didn't measure CEL codes though cuz I knew what I did wrong lol.

mrexotica 09-16-2011 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by the_butcher (Post 3909812)

K&N is reputable. Do one thing at a time.