Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

I want more horsepower on my Scion tC. Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nah the author of this post? lol
Old 01-14-2009, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im just saying. Dont buy a tc 2 race without KNowing that a turbo kit with emergency money budget is atleast 5K.

Ur car is auto thats a 2nd mistake as well. NO OFFENSE TO AUTO tC.

Just make ur car look nice.
Bodykit,rims,system,coilover/springs.tint.exhaust and cai for NOISE.HID.. etc.. that kind of stuff..

IMO...
Old 01-14-2009, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by ProMark
Im just saying. Dont buy a tc 2 race without KNowing that a turbo kit with emergency money budget is atleast 5K.

Ur car is auto thats a 2nd mistake as well. NO OFFENSE TO AUTO tC.

Just make ur car look nice.
Bodykit,rims,system,coilover/springs.tint.exhaust and cai for NOISE.HID.. etc.. that kind of stuff..

IMO...
yea thats what i have been doing lol i have neon and exhaust and soon intake. also hids and lowering springs . i guess i will give my brother my car and get a new one ........
Old 01-20-2009, 01:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

The more decals you add the faster you'll go.

If you want to keep your tC N/A then the best you can do, I may leave out something, but headers, catback exhaust, cai, s-pipe, a good combination of all the above will but you around 170-175 whp. With that setup add about a 30" resonator to eliminate rasp.

Perhaps if you add in pulleys you might be able to take it to 180whp....but that is wishful thinking. 40 to 50 extra whp w/o going turbo/super is pretty decent and you'll still get good gas mileage assuming you don't constantly drive in the 5k RPM range.

But then again you are on auto so you won't see those types of gains, hope for 150.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Do some research! Thats the best advice out there. Also know what your end goal is so you know what you need to do to accomplish it.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man you are so some guys havent flamed the crap out of you yet.

You have a Scion Tc sir. Without boost, I dont care what kind of intake, exhaust, header you have. You will still be slow. Period. And you have an automatic tc, which racing it is basically to test how heavy your foot is. Plain and simple. I have an automatic tc, I used to "race" it then realized how much of a moron I was "racing" an n/a automatic tc. You wanna get laughed at when people see you racing then see you have an automatic? There is no skill in it at all.

Stop "racing" and dont think an exhaust intake or anything will make you fast. Cause youre not. And dont think you can just throw away your car like that. Its not as simple as trading it back to the delearship or giving it to a sibling, your going to lose money, might as well keep it for a while.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ecko04

If you want to keep your tC N/A then the best you can do, I may leave out something, but headers, catback exhaust, cai, s-pipe, a good combination of all the above will but you around 170-175 whp. With that setup add about a 30" resonator to eliminate rasp.

Perhaps if you add in pulleys you might be able to take it to 180whp....but that is wishful thinking. 40 to 50 extra whp w/o going turbo/super is pretty decent and you'll still get good gas mileage assuming you don't constantly drive in the 5k RPM range.

But then again you are on auto so you won't see those types of gains, hope for 150.
there is absolutely know way in hell that an i/h/e/p setup will yield gains regardless of whether he was a manual or an auto.

MAYBE if he got a tune but otherwise no. You're basically saying he would get similar gains that a S/C setup will give you with just a few simple bolt ons.

With those mods on a 5spd you're looking at 160whp at best..if your an auto MAYBE around 150whp
Old 01-23-2009, 08:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

fail....just fail!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by XIEmperorIX

there is absolutely know way in hell that an i/h/e/p setup will yield gains regardless of whether he was a manual or an auto.

MAYBE if he got a tune but otherwise no. You're basically saying he would get similar gains that a S/C setup will give you with just a few simple bolt ons.

With those mods on a 5spd you're looking at 160whp at best..if your an auto MAYBE around 150whp

also depends on what dyno you are using. i made 163.9 whp on ptunings dyno dynamics dyno with i/h/e and they said estimate would be in the 170ish on a dyno jet.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

also thre was a guy with the same mods as me that dynoed in the 140s whp that had a full pulley set, full exhaust and mishimoto radiator. they said a it was too much for a n/a motor and not enough back pressure.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by XIEmperorIX

K&N/AW header/S-pipe/Cust. Mid/TRD exhaust
5 spd
155.95 HORSE & 160.07 TORQUE
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=86843

Injen CAI/MMW Header/CC.Com Catback w/ res & cat
162.1HP 159.7TQ
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103795

Injen CAI/Alphawerks Header/CC S-Pipe (Stainless Steel)/CC Full Exhaust With/High Flow Cat(Stainless Steel)/Magnaflow Resonator "14/NST Underdrive Crank Pulley
1st & 2nd runs ~ 155 whp
3rd Run: 172.0whp @ 5672 RPM & 158.4tq (3rd of 4th gear cant remember)
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=113178

Auto
*NST Lightweight Crank Pulley
*NST 20% Overdrive Alternator Pulley
*NST Lite Water Pump Pulley
*Injen CAI
*DC Sports Ceramic 4-1 Header
*HKS Hi-Power w/ custom catback
140 whp & 146 tq

Impossible? At best 160? I don't think so, dyno's prove it. 170whp is on the higher end of the scale, obviously as stated when I said "wishful thinking", but conceivably 25 to 35 whp over stock on a manual and 15 to 25 whp over stock on an auto.

^ @ crazyedie19
Old 01-23-2009, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Considering #2 and #3 have no dyno sheets for proof, nor before/after results, those numbers mean absolutely nothing.

Plus that first example is more realistically ~150whp, considering it was done on a DynoJet and I wouldn't doubt that the #3 example was on a DynaPack or DynoJet.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

this thread is retarted.

to get more power go turbo an voila ur "faster"

but considering u dont know "how" to work on a car or what makes ur car quicker then most likely u dont even know how a turbo works so ull jus blow ur motor or blow sumthing.

bolt on's for power=NO
forced induction=Yes
automatic=Fail

end of story

ibtl
Old 01-23-2009, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Well put lol. But F/I is still slow.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude just get like a thousand shot of NOS and you will smoke him yo! or just go with a simple turbo kit or s/c
Old 01-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

or jus buy sum SICK JDM parts on ebay ur car will really be hauling ___ afterwards
Old 01-23-2009, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ true statement

ebay = jdm for life!
Old 01-23-2009, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Considering #2 and #3 have no dyno sheets for proof, nor before/after results, those numbers mean absolutely nothing.

Plus that first example is more realistically ~150whp, considering it was done on a DynoJet and I wouldn't doubt that the #3 example was on a DynaPack or DynoJet.
#2 & #3 had dyno sheets at the time they were posted, late 2005 - early 2006, mods would have never put them in the dyno roundup thread had they not had proof.

Still the point was they increase hp, not to what the op wants probably, plus he's 17, 18 he doesn't need anything supercharged or turbocharged, he would likely kill himself, someone else or blow a motor so stick to bolting and welding stuff on. Your parents will be happier and the insurance company will be too.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the one that had a 172whp had a full exhaust and a high flow cat. Your mod list specified a catback exhaust, cai, spipe, and header. Of course a full exhaust is going to result in more HP and a high flow cat in 1 or 2 more. I made my statement based on the mods you specified.

Otherwise those other dynos proved my point. And that is still not 40-50whp gain over stock.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe

#2 & #3 had dyno sheets at the time they were posted, late 2005 - early 2006, mods would have never put them in the dyno roundup thread had they not had proof.

Still the point was they increase hp, not to what the op wants probably, plus he's 17, 18 he doesn't need anything supercharged or turbocharged, he would likely kill himself, someone else or blow a motor so stick to bolting and welding stuff on. Your parents will be happier and the insurance company will be too.
They don't have before/after dyno's, which means they have no proof that they increased horsepower. Different dyno's have different readings. I put 295 down on a DynoDynamics (stock put 144.8 down), on a DynaPack, that's around 340whp which is an absurdly high reading. Eddie was on the same dyno as me, same conditions, same day. He put down 160something (~20 more than the stock one that ran that day) and everyone else was putting down 150-160, and everyone had MORE mods than Eddie. People with I/H/full exhaust were only making 150's, and the auto's were making even less. A S/C auto put down 156 .

Point is, without before/after, a dyno chart means nothing.

Quick Reply: I want more horsepower on my Scion tC. Help