Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Monster Motorworks Radiator Cooling Plate "FINALIZED&am

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Sorry Monster, but I still like the GReddy better, they don't have the Gaps on both sides, which makes the front look much more uniform. I like your one piece design, rather than GReddy's two, but with the spaces on the sides, it defeats the purpose in my opinion... the look....

I love some of your other products and give you props for design on bling, you have that market cornered, but I'm just not there on this one....

The panels are great for those who wish to buy and they add a nice touch to any car anyone wishes to show in the future...

More choices now....

Thanks for making more Tc parts... keep it up, as I'm still wanting more chromey items!
Old 07-29-2005, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the gaps dont defeat the purpose because the radiator ends right there
Old 07-29-2005, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that one seems more functional than the greddy one, the greddy one just looks like a sheet over the engine bay latch and doesnt have the extra section, so it seem from pics ive seen, it just seems like this one would direct air better, i think it looks better also.

and this is purely a guess. but i think the piece JUST ends like that so air can travel elsewhere. like to your air filter and such. if it covered the entire front end it would kinda cut off air to the rest of the engine bay.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

The purpose I was talking about is the look of the item... The ability of the GReddy or Monster Panel to give any REAL performance or quantifiable coolant gain is strongly debateable... I preferred the GReddy LOOK, cause it goes all the way across...

To each his own, I'm big on allowing other peoples preferences credit...

I bought mine exclusively for the look, not for the possible gains, as I'm not too sure they are going to be any reasonable ones... since the hood already has a nice seal behind that area anyways... When you get either plate, you'll see where this seal is, and I'm confident it does it's job before the panel install... It also goes all the way across, which would theoretically cut off air flow to other parts of the engine as well... I truely do not think that is a concern, as stated above.

Realistically, I'm pretty sold on it being a wonderful cosmetic mod, and either panel will suit that role... Variety is great, and anyone making more scion parts... I'm a fan of....

I love some of Monster Motorworks other items, if they tweak this one, I'd be on it over the GReddy, as I like the material a bit more...
Old 07-29-2005, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

It's 100% cosmetic, and trying to convince the potential buyers of otherwise is just... insulting. Sell the piece because it looks good-- not because it serves an actual performance function. The tC goes so far as two have two weatherstrips: one on the top of the bumper cover, which seals the bumper to the hood, and one about 8" back on the hood, which seals against-- you guessed it, the radiator core support. The air that comes through the front grilles is going 95% right through the radiator; it's not going to be doing much upward movement, for any reason.

At any rate, the piece is attractive enough to sell on the merits of it's appearanace alone. But don't insult people by claiming it will show any difference in operating temperatures. Race cars will airbox the front end because the radiator is just hanging on the front of the tube frame-- they actually need to have the air focused from grille to cooling surface. Ours... don't.

So before I'd spend $75 on a laser cut piece of decorative aluminum-- from any company-- i'll save my pennies and go for a more OEM-looking solution, at a much nicer price:

I will be interested to see what those highly-polished pieces look like in a few months... can anyone say fingerprint magnet?
Old 07-29-2005, 11:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Dr. what did you do to your intake? Do you have anymore pics?
Old 07-29-2005, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Monster Motorworks Radiator Cooling Plate "FINALIZE

Originally Posted by monstermotorworks
Here they are..

THE GAP IN THE STOCK RADIATOR COVER.

[/b]
That looks very nice! Thank you for fabricating these fine options for Scion tC owners.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dansthunder
Dr. what did you do to your intake? Do you have anymore pics?
He took that stupid box of plastic off that creates turbulent air. I am not sure what its called but i think its a resonator. I was thinking of capping mine off as well i just need to find where Dr. got his parts from now but Dr. did u throw a CEL when u capped it?
Old 07-30-2005, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Air goes into engine bay and everything else...

Reguardless if air cools it off, that's the point of the radiator, to cool the engine down...

Radiator does a much better job than free flowing air...so, give the radiator every bit of air you can spare...
Old 07-30-2005, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcsciontist
Air goes into engine bay and everything else...

Reguardless if air cools it off, that's the point of the radiator, to cool the engine down...

Radiator does a much better job than free flowing air...so, give the radiator every bit of air you can spare...
it wasnt the engine i was worried about

its nice to have air on all the other parts too i mean like anythything electronic doesnt like heat basicly all the other little things that dont get any attention and dont get any cooling its just nice to have some kind of circulation over those things
Old 07-30-2005, 05:39 PM
JSG
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by sensay
holy crap 75$ for a flat piece of polished alluminum? F*k no
Plus $25 for shipping
Old 07-30-2005, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, this is the sad thing about majority of the tC crowd. the fact that these guys are making parts for your car, when not everyone is, is great. if you don't like the part, or the cost, don't flame them. cause, after a while they probably won't bother making anything new for your car. don't kill the aftermarket support.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ I agree and I've said that before but nobody seems to think about it.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats seams to be the trend with alot of the scionlifers. i totally agree that companies should not be flamed when you dont like the part. and if you guys dont like the radiator cooling plate so much why are all you guys trying to make your own?

i dont think that monstermotorworks should be bashed for trying to come out with parts for the tc. and you guys shouldnt be out there trying to take the design with your mock ups made of stainless steel, abs, or your ghetto fresh diamond plate.

i personally like how it looks and it covers up that gap and makes the engine bay a lot cleaner. maybe if they offered it in different finishes maybe that would please more people?
Old 07-30-2005, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I like the idea more than the execution... and a lot more than the pricetag. While I understand the costs involved for materials, fabrication, and finishing, it's simply not a part I'd spend $100 on, no matter what it was made of.

But I respect and appreciate their desire to innovate.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:04 PM
JSG
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by uberscionofglendale
well, this is the sad thing about majority of the tC crowd. the fact that these guys are making parts for your car, when not everyone is, is great. if you don't like the part, or the cost, don't flame them. cause, after a while they probably won't bother making anything new for your car. don't kill the aftermarket support.
While I appreciate your view. You must try to appreciate mine. People coming to this forum are not owners of high priced autos. They are tC owners.
Does it look like a nice piece....YES!
Do I want one...YES!
Offer it at a REASONABLE price and I would get one.....SIMPLE!

I did not mean to flame anyone.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Monster Motorworks keep up the good work! You will probably get quite a bit of my business
Old 07-31-2005, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Price is not $100.

And if you can think about how much materials cost and how much time it takes to make each part by hand.

Think of it this way, most people make about $8-15 a hour.
It would probably take somoene with regular home tools about 1-2 days to make a nice finalized piece.

Calculate that in how many man hours...
Also take into consideration you might not make it clean the first time and might need to make another one.
@ $8 an hour = $128
@ $15 an hour = $240
+ materials and any additional Tools you might need to buy to do this project.

Dont get me wrong, DIY is cool.
But is it worth your time and effort.

At any rate.. Im done adding my 2 cents.

But the plate is only $75 + shipping.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:44 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by mahalzkita28
thats seams to be the trend with alot of the scionlifers. i totally agree that companies should not be flamed when you dont like the part. and if you guys dont like the radiator cooling plate so much why are all you guys trying to make your own?

i dont think that monstermotorworks should be bashed for trying to come out with parts for the tc. and you guys shouldnt be out there trying to take the design with your mock ups made of stainless steel, abs, or your ghetto fresh diamond plate.

i personally like how it looks and it covers up that gap and makes the engine bay a lot cleaner. maybe if they offered it in different finishes maybe that would please more people?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If its so easy, then how come more people aren't releasing them?

I, for one, applaud Monster Motor Works for making the products they have.

Just wish I had a tC also!
Old 07-31-2005, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sure its kool but polishing aluminum is super easy and aluminum sheets are cheap and yes i WILL be making my own, and even if it mite take one of us a few hours to get a mirror finish it only takes then a couple of minutes

and stop that nagging about us not appreciating (i cant spell) of course we care that they take the time to make sh*t for our car
its just heres an idea make sumthing we would actualy find useful and if its not useful atleast afordable

i make 7.25 an hour and just to buy that thing and actualy have it at my house would be half a week of work all just to make it look kooler under my hood,but hey dont get me wrong i would much rather buy that thing for 75 than that POS AEM battery holder for the same price.

Quick Reply: Monster Motorworks Radiator Cooling Plate "FINALIZED&am