Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

P0301(misfire cylinder 1)

Old 01-09-2009, 02:14 PM

Default P0301(misfire cylinder 1)

I have a misfire in my tc and i had never done anything to my car but change oil only, later on the road my motor blew up and the hole is under cylinder 1 can any one tell me what might cause it. I would let you guys look at the pics i got but i cant downloaded onto this site but i'll give a descrision on how it look, a hole in the block that you can see right through the other side without seeing the piston rod but only the bottom of the connecting rod and thats pretty much it on how i can tell you guys. thanks for reading this.
[/img]
Old 01-09-2009, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

what year, trans type and how many miles?
Old 01-11-2009, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe a piston ring?
Old 01-14-2009, 06:33 AM
SL Member

Default I had the same problem and I got it fiXED

i had a problem with my cylinder one. i scanned it when i felt backfire. When i checked it I was having in 60 seconds 9 misfires in cylinder one. we opened it up and found that a spark plug had cracked somehow with my coil popped out a little bit due to the threads on the coil pack stripped out. I rethreaded the coil bolt and then reinstalled it and scanned the engine for codes. None showed up. if you did not catch this problem earlier you may have started flooding that cylinder cuz it was not igniting properly. It happened because of an overrev during a launch.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:41 PM

my car is a 05'tc w/62,000 miles and its auto, my car was never used for racing it was my daily driver and never had any body pound on it but when i took it to the dealer they said it might be the spark plug or the coil but i guess it wasnt any of those but if i have any more info i'll let you guys know.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Theres literally a hole in the block??? I have never seen this except with 300+ hp on our block - with mine i had some MAJOR detonation issues with my first turbo setup that caused the ring lands to no longer be in existence when i tore down the block lol but ive NEVER heard of a stock 2az with a hole in the block? Pics???? I gotta see this!
Old 01-16-2009, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lots of info is missing from this story.

You will NOT blow a hole in your engine without having some extra compression and detonation. There are many things that will give first - especially if the motor is stock.

Please tell us ALL the info.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:35 PM

ok i just uploaded two pic of the motor and you can look on my profile in the gallery and maybe it might help a little more
Old 01-17-2009, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow ouch.. you know now that I think about it. there was someone else with an 05 that had issues. Something about the main bearings on the crankshaft going bad. But I don't think that would lead to a crack in the block. Well if the bearings were bad enough and it threw the piston i guess it could cause that.

the 06+ engines were changed, maybe this is why.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:14 PM

i think the main bearings might be the problem but not sure enough yet but it cause the piston to snap right in the middle and it caused the whole in the block
Old 02-02-2009, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Or maybe THIS is the issue, from your other thread :

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...727&highlight=

Originally Posted by thaotc
ok everybody i got a question to ask everyone who own a tC...what can u tell me about my motor on my profile...all i can tell you guys is tat durning tha summer it rained for 2 days straight and there were puddle every where and my sis drove tha car through tha puddle which i told her to drive around it but she didnt, then she flooded my motor it had water in tha frist cylinder n tha whole intake system...later i took it apart to dry it n after a few weeks it dried n put it back together it had a misfire than later the motor blew a hole in tha block then i never touch it again...so just check my profile n tell me what you guys know n thanks for reading
Old 02-03-2009, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ yup that might be the reason that destroys an engine! hmmmm