Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/)
-   -   Passenger Motor Mount (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/passenger-motor-mount-209625/)

thendawg 11-21-2011 08:12 PM

Passenger Motor Mount

Anyone know anything about the construction of this mount? It appears to be some type of fluid filled mount. I think I somehow damaged it during one of the engine pull/reinstalls, that or the 500+wtq lol. It has a ton of free play in the actual mount point where the bracket from the timing chain cover bolts down to it, and when revving the car, you can actually see that side of the engine move. Ive been thinking about tearing it apart, getting all the fluid out of it, than filling it with liquid urethane :) Just wondering if this is possible or if anyones done it. FYI, the rest of my mounts are all the solid poly-u mounts.

SoulXquisite 12-02-2011 08:32 AM

-how many mounts total are their? im thinking of replacing all my mounts soon.

aryana159 12-07-2011 07:31 AM

Idk about that but if it Worl please let me know mine is torn up also. I think we where talking about that last time I was at your place. I wonder what all the drag guys use maybe we should try getting ahold of them and asking them because all my mounts are also solid but I feel that that mount is just made crappy and easily broken.

borderguy881 12-07-2011 12:32 PM

having similar issues i recently made some brackets out of metal and reinforced that mount to the chassis it helps with movement but... its worse of a sound than the torque dampers make lol

aryana159 12-24-2011 03:21 PM

ok so since i pulled my motor and my mount is compltly fd up so i will try to see if i can get anything cnc to press in or some thing to make solid fabbed up. wish me luck

ESEMRFOZZ13 12-24-2011 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by thendawg (Post 3940596)
Anyone know anything about the construction of this mount? It appears to be some type of fluid filled mount. I think I somehow damaged it during one of the engine pull/reinstalls, that or the 500+wtq lol. It has a ton of free play in the actual mount point where the bracket from the timing chain cover bolts down to it, and when revving the car, you can actually see that side of the engine move. Ive been thinking about tearing it apart, getting all the fluid out of it, than filling it with liquid urethane :) Just wondering if this is possible or if anyones done it. FYI, the rest of my mounts are all the solid poly-u mounts.

i used the poly urethane injection gun to fill mine. got it free from window installer. it was best to fill a little, let dry fill some more, and let dry process. when i filled one complete, it wouldn't dry. even with a heat gun and letting it sit out for days.

aryana159 12-24-2011 04:11 PM

im workning with a local shop trackstar in construction of some sort of solid mount insert or something to make it more sturdy hope fully have a answer for yall in the next week or 2