Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Sad sad days when the car won’t fire up..

Old 12-14-2018, 05:38 AM
SL Member

Default Sad sad days when the car won’t fire up..

My 09 tC wont start nor does it turn over. It will make like a whining noise an quickly the battery drains. I’ve replaced starter, battery is fine. What happened was the car went into limp mode randomly I put new spark plugs in it went away for about 2 weeks then did it again on the way home.
The next day I went to take to a friend of mine that works at Toyota went through a no more than 6” deep puddle and vehicle died like not straight shut down but sputtered a bit then died. An went to start again and got a loud click click noise which I thought battery isn’t strong enough.
Well go to jump start it n makes the same whining noise but louder. If anyone has any ideas what is my issue I’d more than appreciate it, driving the ole lady’s Kia isn’t right! Haha

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-14-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:08 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tkdnlv
My 09 tC wont start nor does it turn over. It will make like a whining noise an quickly the battery drains. I’ve replaced starter, battery is fine. What happened was the car went into limp mode randomly I put new spark plugs in it went away for about 2 weeks then did it again on the way home.
The next day I went to take to a friend of mine that works at Toyota went through a no more than 6” deep puddle and vehicle died like not straight shut down but sputtered a bit then died. An went to start again and got a loud click click noise which I thought battery isn’t strong enough.
Well go to jump start it n makes the same whining noise but louder. If anyone has any ideas what is my issue I’d more than appreciate it, driving the ole lady’s Kia isn’t right! Haha

Some say these motors are bullet proof for the most part.

Jus a visual on what I’m working with here

I’d greatly more than appreciate any feed back on my issue here. Thanks in advance
Old 12-28-2018, 04:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you tested your alternator?

If you have a cold air intake, you might have sucked water into your engine. Attempting to crank it might bend the piston rods.

Last edited by 62Fender; 12-28-2018 at 01:17 PM.