Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Scion tC Stock ECU REFLASH Tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 05:08 AM
5 Year Member

Default Scion tC Stock ECU REFLASH Tune

Hey everyone!

We are happy to announce that we have are looking to move forward with our Toyota Tuning development now that we are out of "alpha" and "beta" testing..We are full sail ahead for development.
We are looking to move forward with more 2AZ / 2AR reflashing and tuning. We want to offer a "Group Buy" for the Scion tC for a Reflash of the stock ECU.

MasterZ's thread here shows just some of what is possible..he is running our early build Phase 1 reflash. Even with that, the gains on his 2AZ are substantial! and our Full flash will give EVEN MORE!

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sci...-tuned-232987/

Our new FULL bench tune is much more refined, and takes into account various aftermarket parts.

So here is what we are wanting to offer to the Scion tC folks...
We are dedicating the rest of the year to full time TOYOTA R&D (oh..we're getting our hands on the TRD ECU code..so stock ECU boost tune? YES, it's happening).

We are going to offer our Full ECU Reflash for any Scion tC (Naturally aspirated) from bone stock to full bolt-ons.
We are moving up turn around time on ECUs. We are moving back to 48 hour turn around. That means once we receive your ECU, it is reflashed and prepped to ship 48 hours later.

Now the good stuff...what are expected gains?
We are offering 3 different Reflashes (This is expected gains with full bolt-ons. which we recommend to maximize your tune)

89 oct reflash:
10-14HP / 12-14 TQ (with more overall)
91 oct reflash:
18-24HP / 20-25 ft lbs (with more overall)
93 oct reflash:
24-30hp / 25-30+ ft lbs (with more overall)

*higher gains can be expected on the 2AR*

But that's not all, if you look at this tuned 2AZ, you'll see HUGE increases in various areas where the stock tune simply does not cut the cake.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sci...-tuned-232987/

But...there's more. Here is what we have for what is tuned, and options:
Stock Rev limiter increase (optional)
Check Engine light delete. Permanent CEL disable *off-road race use only*
VVTi Cam target calibration
Ignition timing
Fueling
and more.

Why choose a stock ECU reflash? The answer is simple. We have been working with tuning vehicles with various hardware and software for many years. Rarely have we ever seen something that works as well as the stock ECU. Every single table, data point, and piece of code in the stock ECU is designed to do one thing. Run that engine and ONLY that engine relying on the calibration for THAT engines sensors.

We have a special offer setup specifically for the Scion tC 1st Gen and 2nd Gen for a ECU Reflash. This is our "extended dev" but without the wait times!

And yes for every non scion tc owner reading, we haven't forgotten about you. We will be offering this for more cars as things progress.
A first in the world STOCK ECU reflash with 48 hour turn around time for only $399.00
But here's the best part. If you want your tune upgraded at a later date (say you get a Header) We will update it for no charge if done within the first 6 months from purchase.

https://www.ovtuned.com/collections/...ull-flash-tune

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-08-2018 at 09:47 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-05-2016, 07:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I tried contacting in reference to the supercharged flash ecu. But havebt heard anything back. I was told to ask for Matt . but i dont see a shop phone number
Old 09-05-2016, 07:56 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Hardchargertc
I tried contacting in reference to the supercharged flash ecu. But havebt heard anything back. I was told to ask for Matt . but i dont see a shop phone number
Okay we will get back to you about that Tuesday. Thanks
Old 09-05-2016, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So what exactly are the differences between this tune and the $355 bench reflash tune you offer?
Old 09-05-2016, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by MasterZ
So what exactly are the differences between this tune and the $355 bench reflash tune you offer?
The $355 bench tune is for readout only, then you will have to send us your ECU again at a later time.

This comes with extended work in the rom files, tailored for the 2AZ/2AR with modifications, rev limiter increase, CEL disable, and more. Similar to our "extended dev" but without the wait time. Now that we are out of "phase trials" the price has gone up (understandably so, like any product), and the more tunes we get to create the more development we do, the better it gets for everyone.

This option has more different options for tuning as well, like 89,91,93, with mods, no mods, etc.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:47 AM
5 Year Member

We are working on forced induction stock ECU tuning right now

Also, we lowered the price point a little to keep it on point with our current readout / tune option.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's great to hear. Out of curiosity, how different do you think the tune would need to be on a turbo application given that it probably flows a lot more CFM than the supercharger in the mid rpm range? I assume the tC has no MAP sensor correct? Only the MAF?
Old 09-13-2016, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by bbsciontc
That's great to hear. Out of curiosity, how different do you think the tune would need to be on a turbo application given that it probably flows a lot more CFM than the supercharger in the mid rpm range? I assume the tC has no MAP sensor correct? Only the MAF?
The tune is based on airflow (MAF) amount which calculates load %, the load % is what is used to target xx fuel or xx ignition on the various stock ECU maps.

So lets say the Scion TC supercharger flows..200 g/sec peak on the MAF which equates to "120%" load at 5000 RPM, and a turbo flows 200 g/sec as early as 2500 RPM (which would equate to much higher load, probably closer to 150-160%) We can alter the actual axis data of the map itself (load values of the axis) rescale it for a higher load target, and calibrate the map so that you get it.

200 g/sec (or whatever amount) is 200 g/sec of air, regardless of the RPM. The ECU uses the airflow data to calculate load and base fuel amount, then uses map data to calculate the desired AFR (and ignition, etc).

So it's possible on either a turbo or supercharger. However, we have not tested just how high of a load value the stock ECU will accept (most N/A ecus have capped load maximums, what they are requires finding out through testing). Because of this we are limiting our stock ECU Boost reflash tuning to systems running lower boost pressure, around 10-14psi, vs a fully built scion tc running 30psi on a GTX3076R (as an example) we would recommend a full standalone like Haltech.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the info. I guess the other thing to find out is at what point does the factory MAF reach max voltage relative to air flow. With the piggyback tunes most of us are running, we clamp the MAF at a certain voltage (depending on RPM) to prevent throwing a CEL for High Voltage. Therefore, I unfortunately don't know much "headroom" is left in the MAF sensor. I'm personally running only 9 psi with no plans of going further.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm just going to keep an eye on this as I'm having a spare block built right now with 9:1 compression and forged internals in preparation for boost with an Eaton MP62 supercharger hopefully in the 10-14 psi range. I would really like to not have to run a piggyback unit if possible. For this type of setup would it be possible to do a bench tune or would it be better for the car to be at your shop for tuning?
Old 10-08-2016, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any update on the FI application? Will the factory MAF signal saturate with the additional airflow?